Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason trade saves 705k in cap room

70 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Great trade Gman...........

two yrs. from now we'll all be laughing about how we got the better end of the deal.

Posted · Report post

You'd rather he ride the bench all year and lose him next year without compensation?

I'd rather he was 100% and playing lights out alongside Keek and Davis, in addition to having a much lower cap hit. But that doesn't change what I posted. Good luck Beast. 

Posted · Report post

Only difference is we get to carry over that 705k in unused space into next year.

Assuming we don't use it on another player. This trade also opens a roster spot.

Posted · Report post

You'd rather he ride the bench all year and lose him next year without compensation?

a 7th isn't compensation.....basically on par with your UDFA talent.

Long season, early bye....plenty of time for him to work on getting better.  13 straight games....we will have bodies go down.  We are already on the hook for Beason financially in reality (trade doesn't really help much there).

Posted · Report post

Assuming we don't use it on another player. This trade also opens a roster spot.

Very good point.. So essentially we saved nothing at the end of the day. Just got an extra pick.

Posted · Report post

Great trade Gman...........

two yrs. from now we'll all be laughing about how we got the better end of the deal.

yeah, remember that time we traded Beason for a 7th rounder....who didn't survive the preseason and was beat out by several UDFA.  Gettlemen is one crafty bastard. 

I mean you can argue this is good if you are Beason.  Gives him a shot....but from our perspective, I mean didn't win anything.

Posted · Report post

I think this is why Beason restructured and just took a loss on the money.  Players don't resturcture just to help the team out.  That restructure made it possible to trade Jon which is what he wanted because he knows that with Luke he'll never sniff MLB for the Panthers.  Good for him.  I hope he does great for the Giants and becomes a Pro Bowler again.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Would have rather kept him this season hoping that he might turn it around then to just get a lousy 7th round pick.  Gettlemagic...

Posted · Report post

a 7th rounder..... that will probably play a few snaps. NYG got a steal. Not even saving us a million in cap room. Geeze.........

Posted · Report post

Why does everyone keep claiming its for a seventh? No one has any idea.

So, its a damn 6th. Thats a huge upgrade.

lemme break it down for you:

1st-2nd: High rounds
3rd-5th: Mid rounds

6th-7th: Low rounds

Posted · Report post

So, its a damn 6th. Thats a huge upgrade.

lemme break it down for you:

1st-2nd: High rounds
3rd-5th: Mid rounds
6th-7th: Low rounds

A sixth is better than a seventh, what's your point?

We cleared up close to a mil in cap room, opened up a roster spot and got a pick for a player who was going to see the bench all season.

And some people are complaining!?!?!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

A sixth is better than a seventh, what's your point?

We cleared up close to a mil in cap room, opened up a roster spot and got a pick for a player who was going to see the bench all season.

And some people are complaining!?!?!

Hows a 6th better than a 7th?