Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks, Jon

52 posts in this topic

Posted

Jon thanks for locking down the MLB spot for several seasons. There was a time when you achieved greatness, and remember to keep that with you as you move on to NY. Best of luck.

Posted

Wonderful player.  Great MLB.  High value ethics and a perfect role model for young players.

1 person likes this

Posted

Goodbye Jon. You will always be a Panthers legend.

I hope this trade gives you a fresh start and a chance to reestablish yourself as on of the best LBs in the keague

1 person likes this

Posted

Yall remember this one....

2 people like this

Posted

I will definitely miss the Beast.  I've worn the #52 proudly for years.  My wife wears #52.  My dog wears #52.  My dog's name is Beason.  This is a tough one to swallow but I honestly know it's what is best for #52.  The kid is a MLB and he was not going to get that back here.  Good job by this organization to recognize this and get him somewhere he can contribute.  Godspeed Beast.

1 person likes this

Posted

if he passes the physical, farewell and hopefully his career will reignite in NY, hope nothing but the best

1 person likes this

Posted

One of my favorite Panthers of all time. He played hard every play. I wish him nothing but the best.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm going to miss seeing him as a panther and I'm still going to rock his jersey on game day.

Posted

Well this sucks.. I'll genuinely miss him.

And since we've already played the giants this year, I really hope he dominates as one.

Posted

Give them hell #52!!

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not ready.

Me either. So sudden.

Sad to see him go. He embodies everything I think a panther should be. Great player better man.

He was an awesome Panther...in the tradition of Sam.

I still wonder if he tried to come back too early a couple of years ago, and set everything in motion.

1 person likes this

Posted

At one point Beason was the face of the franchise.  In 2010 he was the best player on the worst team in the league.  The next 2 years he got hurt early and was never the same.  There was a time when he was neck and neck with D. Ryans in the "Who is the best LB in football?" conversation. Oh, how the mighty have fallen!

I'm okay with this move because I think it honors the fact that Beason didn't want to sit on the sidelines and watch this defense rise to a level that it never could while he was out there despite the fact that he was an all pro level player for at least 2 or 3 years.

It is a wise and respectful decision on Gettleman's part.  I'll miss Beason, but...yeah...it's a business.

#52 is the only jersey I have ever owned.  I'm not really in a financial position to go out and buy an "officially licensed" jersey right now.  I'm torn as to whether I should just go ahead and sport the #52 or whether I should retire it.  I wore it vs. Giants and we stomped them, so I'm feeling a bit superstitious about dissing it.  I hesitate to get a Cam jersey until he actually signs an extension.  Hardy as well.  Maybe I'll go get me a cheapo #89 just because the man is probably the greatest Panther of all time.

sport the 52 dude.......