Photo
- - - - -

This guy referred to Beason as trash: Give him hell as a parting gift to the Beast

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Eli Cash

Eli Cash

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationClayton, NC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

The issue that is that it is so damn ignorant to say such a thing. Beason is a true warrior and the guy talking this crap probably hasn't even played a down of back yard football in his life. It's not that some players are actually terrible and get traded. It's that this is a former all pro fallen due to injury.

The way it is said also speaks ill of the Panthers. The Panthers would never in a million years consider Beason trash.

He's not that good anymore...I know it is sad to see it written by a Sports Illustrated journalist, but then again maybe I would have to play a down of backyard football to understand that true warrior spirits are what win football games lol

But seriously, to clear up your confusion---Beason's weak-sauce play for the Panthers could be turned into productive play for the Giants...... which would most certainly warrant the usage of the idiom: "One man's trash is another man's treasure"

Idiom (noun) - a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words.

Meaning that the usage of the word 'trash' in the expression is not to be taken by its literal definition.

#32 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

The issue that is that it is so damn ignorant to say such a thing. Beason is a true warrior and the guy talking this crap probably hasn't even played a down of back yard football in his life. It's not that some players are actually terrible and get traded. It's that this is a former all pro fallen due to injury.

The way it is said also speaks ill of the Panthers. The Panthers would never in a million years consider Beason trash.

Uhh....Yes, they would. They traded him for a throwaway pick because they had no use for him. They threw him away as a favor to him, because they felt he had little or no value, and traded him to a team that would give him a shot.

Myself, I think it was a mistake. The gain was miniscule, and he could have better served us in a backup capacity. But it doesn't matter what jersey he wears, Jon Beason will always be a Carolina Panther.

#33 M4gery

M4gery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Named my dog after him. Sorry but you dont trade a good player for a 7th. That injury ruined him as a football player.

#34 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

#35 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Beason trash? what in the hell is that dude basing that on? Beast has been on IR 2 years in a row. It is going to take time for him to fully recover. Not all players are like TD (who is a freak of nature) who came back from what should have been career ending injuries. Beast will be back, and being put back in the middle will help out a ton. Can't wait for Beast to prove all the doubters wrong!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.