Jon Beason Carolina Panthers

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#11 jtm

jtm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

Thank you Jon, you are a class act and will be missed. I wish him the very best.

#12 d-dave

d-dave

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

This is one of those painful break ups where we'll all be better once its done.  Beason is a tremendous human being in most ways (I don't know him, but from what I've read).  I hate that injuries derailed his career here, but it's not fair to keep him from restarting his career.  I wish him the absolute best of luck and good health.  I'd love to see him get back to his high level of play, but who knows if that's going to happen at this point in his career considering how devastating micro fractures are.

On a business end of things, I'm glad we got something.  Who knows what coulda/woulda happened if he'd played out the season.  He might have retired, or never become an impact player again, which would have netted us nothing in return.  

#13 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationGreensboro NC
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

I will start off by saying that I was shocked when I found out he got traded. It was sudden and many wasn't expecting it. I am torn with this decision but this might be for the best for all parties involved. It is obvious that Luke has the middle locked down and knowing that Beason is a true mlb, it may have been hard for him to adjust to another position. At least, in NY, he will get his position back and have a chance to kick start his career here. His leader, passion and friendly attitude will definitely be missed in the Carolinas. I will definitely be rooting for him to get back to old form or even better.

#14 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

Meh, I felt worse after Pep left.

#15 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

Sorry to see him go, but it is in every bodies best interest... I'll always be a 52 fan.

#16 The Huddler

The Huddler

#BringHardyBack

• Location@TheHuddler2
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

"Aww man. Look at this empty beer can. Its just the shell of what is used to be.. i meanit used to be a whole beer though! I mean do you know what that beer meant to me?! You cant just throw it away.. "

" you only look at the empty beer can in the state that its in. That was a beer! And it looks cool sitting on the shelf! I know i have an awesome ice cold 59 beer that replaced it, but who cares it was still a beer!"

"Your saying i could get money for recycling this empty beer can? A few cents! Hell no! This used to be a beer! I could put it back in the 6 pack and trick myself into thinking i jave more beers! It makes me feel good! No way a few cents is worth nothing to me!"

"This empty beer can could move on and could possibly become another servicable icecold beer via recycaling?! No! Its my beer can!"

We have been that dysfuntional franchise that hords players and puts too much worth into our players! Time to get rid of the thing that has handicapped our team for years! Gettletrain baby choo choo!!

#17 catfang

catfang

HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Once he had the microsurgery, I wondered if he'd ever come back, immediately followed by "if anyone can come back from that, it's Beason".  

I was surprised to see the news this morning, but after the shock I see its best for both sides (his and the Panthers).

He was one of our great players.

I hope he passes his physical and has success in NY. 

#18 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

The guy hasn't played since Cam's rookie year. Exactly what are you going to miss? 

#19 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Good post Zod. Panthers nation will always have a soft spot in our hearts for him. One of the best in his prime.

#20 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• LocationCharleston, SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

*sadly hangs up his Beason jersey*

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jon Beason, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users