#16 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

"Aww man. Look at this empty beer can. Its just the shell of what is used to be.. i meanit used to be a whole beer though! I mean do you know what that beer meant to me?! You cant just throw it away.. "

" you only look at the empty beer can in the state that its in. That was a beer! And it looks cool sitting on the shelf! I know i have an awesome ice cold 59 beer that replaced it, but who cares it was still a beer!"

"Your saying i could get money for recycling this empty beer can? A few cents! Hell no! This used to be a beer! I could put it back in the 6 pack and trick myself into thinking i jave more beers! It makes me feel good! No way a few cents is worth nothing to me!"

"This empty beer can could move on and could possibly become another servicable icecold beer via recycaling?! No! Its my beer can!"

We have been that dysfuntional franchise that hords players and puts too much worth into our players! Time to get rid of the thing that has handicapped our team for years! Gettletrain baby choo choo!!

#17 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Once he had the microsurgery, I wondered if he'd ever come back, immediately followed by "if anyone can come back from that, it's Beason".  

I was surprised to see the news this morning, but after the shock I see its best for both sides (his and the Panthers).

He was one of our great players.

I hope he passes his physical and has success in NY. 

#18 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

The guy hasn't played since Cam's rookie year. Exactly what are you going to miss? 

#19 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Good post Zod. Panthers nation will always have a soft spot in our hearts for him. One of the best in his prime.

#20 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

*sadly hangs up his Beason jersey*

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#21 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

The guy hasn't played since Cam's rookie year. Exactly what are you going to miss? 

New Panthers fan, aye?

#22 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

The guy was a stud. But for the last few years he has been a shell of himself, which is still pretty damn good, but not good enough the starting lineup of star LBs, and he would have never seen the Mike again in Carolina if he ever saw the field at all.

We are too talented at LB to use Beast at this point in his career. He was costing us money to ride the bench. And he's still to talented not to be starting somewhere. I gotta agree with SuperJ, this isn't the least bit surprising, and doesn't hurt nearly as much as Pep (who was starting and in the prime of his career). I'm just glad a) we got something for him instead of just letting him walk for nothing and B) give him a chance to be a contributor right now. I won't even say this is a tough pill to swallow. I'm not that sentimental, it was hands down the right move on all sides.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#23 Dunn

Dunn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Gonna miss beason, was definately passionate and loved playing for this team it seemed.  Hope he does well in NY!

#24 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,901 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

anybody who truly appreciated beason and what he gave us should be happy for him that he's going to be getting reps at MLB where he belongs and where he can contribute at this point in his career

#25 Mistuh Jones

Mistuh Jones

NOT NEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

Straight up he will always be a Panther to me! 

#26 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,844 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

Salute, Jon.. Many thanks, you are already missed.. Them Football Giants need you, take care of them...

#27 jbland

jbland

Huddle Chiropractor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

Long one of my favorite panthers. I'll root for the man wherever he goes and miss him all the same.

#28 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

#29 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

I hate to see Jon Beason go but if we're trading him then the staff must think he'll never be the same player he once was.I say good luck and best wishes to him,a real warrior for the Panthers and a credit to the community while playing here.

#30 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 5,005 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

Beason is the model of the type of guys you want on your team.

The lifespan of a linebacker is usually a short one. He is the definition of a leader and a warrior.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jon Beason, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.