Photo
- - - - -

New boss not the same as the old boss.......

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

First...I will miss the Beast and he was a warrior for us when he was healthy....I sincerely hope he does well and he will be missed. DG is changing the culture around here and is leaving the old ways far behind. Either you can play or you can't...if you can't he cuts ties.No more buddy system here,doesn't matter who you are.Team comes first and foremost. No more ridiculous contracts to bleed us dry for years.If you earn it you will get paid (at market rates mind you).This is exactly what this franchise needed to be successful. Soon all the crap that was part of the old regime will be history..and the Panthers can move forward in a positive way.

#2 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,613 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

I agree about DG changing the culture but I also think they are doing Beason a solid here.

#3 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Agree SCP....Jon wasn't going to play here. DG gave him the opportunity to finish his career at MLB instead of drifting away on the sidelines here this year.

#4 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,248 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

I agree about DG changing the culture but I also think they are doing Beason a solid here.

it already came out that Beason asked to be traded. he wanted the chance to start right now.

#5 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,279 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Meh, he hasn't proven much yet. He has Hurney magic'd a lot of stuff. If Hurney had been retained he would have done some of the same stuff.

Hurney would have traded Beason under these circumstances as well.....I don't see why we would believe he wouldn't have.

Let's see how he handles Hardy and others....he hasn't shown his cards in regards to what really made Hurney a bad GM.

#6 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

The biggest difference is that RR made a roster decision and instead of the GM sitting on a guy eating a ton of cap to attempt to buy time and save face..he decided to trade him and get what he could at the time. Hurney would have tried to convince RR to give Beas another chance so that the contract he signed him to wouldn't look bad. If Hurney was still here we'd have a 75% Beason still out there playing.

I love the new culture. It'll be interesting to see what we do with the RBs. One of them is gone next year. Almost no doubt in my mind. If J Stew comes back and starts tearing it up I wouldn't be surprised if Gettledog tried to trade him for a late round pick as well. He's trying to clear cap room for OL and possibly another WR this offseason IMO.

#7 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

The biggest difference is that RR made a roster decision and instead of the GM sitting on a guy eating a ton of cap to attempt to buy time and save face..he decided to trade him and get what he could at the time. Hurney would have tried to convince RR to give Beas another chance so that the contract he signed him to wouldn't look bad. If Hurney was still here we'd have a 75% Beason still out there playing.

I love the new culture. It'll be interesting to see what we do with the RBs. One of them is gone next year. Almost no doubt in my mind. If J Stew comes back and starts tearing it up I wouldn't be surprised if Gettledog tried to trade him for a late round pick as well. He's trying to clear cap room for OL and possibly another WR this offseason IMO.

lol

#8 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

I agree, I just think he was worth more. I don't think him for Nicks straight up is that ridiculous of a proposal. Two disgruntled and oft injured players get a fresh start.

I don't know man. Just can't get over this.

#9 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,547 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

beason wants to start.  he isn't unseating luke kuechly, so gettleman traded him off to a team where he will get a chance to start.

a real travesty would have been gettleman telling beason to stuff it with his request and that he gets to rot on the bench only to be let go next offseason and left looking for a team.

#10 Estrada

Estrada

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

I agree, I just think he was worth more. I don't think him for Nicks straight up is that ridiculous of a proposal. Two disgruntled and oft injured players get a fresh start.

GP since 2011 (counting this year):

Beason: 7

Nicks:   32

Little lopsided there

#11 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

GP since 2011 (counting this year):

Beason: 7
Nicks:   32

Little lopsided there

Yeah, it's a little lopsided.

I'd still feel slighted to a degree if we got Nicks straight up. Call me crazy

#12 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Beason was/is worth to this team next to nothing.

I can't believe that we got something for him at all.

Don't get me wrong, I loved him when he was healthy, but that is over.  We got a pick, got rid of some money on the cap, and made sure that we didn't have a locker room issue over a player thinking he is good enough to start.

We all did the right thing here, except for maybe the Giants.

#13 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,676 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

It's refreshing the Panthers are serious about putting the best team on the field.

Only one player on this roster would I oblige even if he wasn't still at his peek so he could retire a Panther.

carolina-panthers-best-of-2013-season-au

#14 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,171 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yeah, it's a little lopsided.

I'd still feel slighted to a degree if we got Nicks straight up. Call me crazy

Crazy doesn't even begin to cover it.

#15 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

Beason was/is worth to this team next to nothing.

I can't believe that we got something for him at all.

Don't get me wrong, I loved him when he was healthy, but that is over.  We got a pick, got rid of some money on the cap, and made sure that we didn't have a locker room issue over a player thinking he is good enough to start.

We all did the right thing here, except for maybe the Giants.

I really wish people would stop talking about how much money we saved with this deal. We saved a grand total of $00.00

We're on the hook for 8 mil of dead money. Read the articles out there by the pros. Don't take my word for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.