Photo
- - - - -

So.... whos ready for College basketball to come back around?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 BigBoss

BigBoss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

I love football, but the best time of the year is that November/december flux where we get BOTH pro football and college hoops!

How is your team shaping up?

Duke is looking reallll good. REAL good. Our 5 position is a concern but that's it.

#2 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Grew up a Duke fan so excited to see what they put on the court. I think they'll be one of the Top 3 teams and a contender. Amile has put on weight and will surprise IMO. Not to mention I expect lineups where Jabari plays the 5 ala Lebron on Team USA. 

As for State, there's a little talent there, but they're probably going to be a Bubble team at best. Warren is going to put up stats, Lewis will be exciting, and Cat Barber could be a strong player. Outside of that, a lot of question marks. 

#3 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

It's October therefore duke is most def the team to beat.

#4 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

I would have been a lot more excited if we could have kept Reggie.  I still think we finish in top 3 in ACC, and have a decent shot at a sweet 16.  But when you're a fan of Carolina, or any other team with similar accomplishments it's hard to get excited for a year that you really have 0 shot at a Natty.

#5 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Basketball may be the only thing that stops me from killing myself this year with the way this whole football thing is shaping up.

#6 Lemory

Lemory

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationRivera's Doghouse

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

It will be fun for me to watch how NC States young team will mesh.

#7 BigBoss

BigBoss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

Basketball may be the only thing that stops me from killing myself this year with the way this whole football thing is shaping up.

Seriously. Carolina's season is already pretty much over with, so might as well go ahead and get excited for some hoops.

#8 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

I am really excited about the season, Duke is going to be fun to watch.  I went up and watched their open practice and it's going to be a run and gun type of offense, think of the 2001 team.  They have a lot of athletes that can get up and down the floor.  Cook is primed to have a break out year, Hood and Parker are on the Preseason All American teams, and the Devils are loaded at the 2 and the 3 spot.  The only question mark is MP3 and if he can stay healthy and play a Zoubek kind of role where he rebounds and protects the rim.  

#9 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,738 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Kentucky and Kansas are leagues beyond everyone else this year. 

I youngins have been looking good at UNC apparently.

#10 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

Kentucky, L'ville (maybe), Michigan State, Kansas, and Duke are the contenders IMO.

As for the ACC,

Duke takes the league, but there will be bumps along the way.

'Cuse, ND, Carolina, UVA fight for the 2-5 spots. 

#11 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationBoonville

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Don't sleep on UNC.

Paige will challenge Cook for best pg play in conference.

McAdoo will be able to move back to the 4 and maybe play to his potential. Joel James and Meeks developing real nicely.

If PJ and McDonald can consistently knock down perimeter shots they will be deadly, because no one will be able to rebound and defend the paint like the heels.

#12 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

Don't sleep on UNC.

Paige will challenge Cook for best pg play in conference.

McAdoo will be able to move back to the 4 and maybe play to his potential. Joel James and Meeks developing real nicely.

If PJ and McDonald can consistently knock down perimeter shots they will be deadly, because no one will be able to rebound and defend the paint like the heels.

unc finishes 4th or 5th in the league Duke, Notre Dame, Cuse, and UVA are all better than unc.  unc lost their best wing defender in Bullock and the league is loaded with really good wings.  

James and Meeks are both overweight and I don't think they can run the floor like unc likes to do so I don't know how much they play.  

IMO PJ misses at least 10 games and could be much more so I don't know about counting on him.  

#13 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationBoonville

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

unc finishes 4th or 5th in the league Duke, Notre Dame, Cuse, and UVA are all better than unc.  unc lost their best wing defender in Bullock and the league is loaded with really good wings.  

James and Meeks are both overweight and I don't think they can run the floor like unc likes to do so I don't know how much they play.  

IMO PJ misses at least 10 games and could be much more so I don't know about counting on him.  

There's not a chance that PJ won't be on the floor for the Kentucky game in December. I think 5 games is more realistic. At the end of the day they have no hard eidence against him. Everyone is just trying to lynch him because of how good he played at the end of the season. And he is in the best shape of his life from running extra every morning.

Meeks is already down from 315 to 285.

Roy never has problems with getting big men to run the floor.

Perimeter defense will be an issue, but that's not gonna stop them from beating cuse and ND with ease cmon now.

#14 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationBoonville

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

However, they do have the toughest schedule in the country. So it will be a roller coaster that's for sure.

#15 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Serious question...

Outside of like 1 or 2 games against Duke in the past few years (mostly when UNC had the better team), when has Carolina beat any Top 10/15 team, with ease? Not to mention this year's squad has a ton of question marks that have been perfectly answered in your scenario it seems. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.