Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So.... whos ready for College basketball to come back around?

52 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I love football, but the best time of the year is that November/december flux where we get BOTH pro football and college hoops!

How is your team shaping up?

Duke is looking reallll good. REAL good. Our 5 position is a concern but that's it.

Posted · Report post

Grew up a Duke fan so excited to see what they put on the court. I think they'll be one of the Top 3 teams and a contender. Amile has put on weight and will surprise IMO. Not to mention I expect lineups where Jabari plays the 5 ala Lebron on Team USA. 

As for State, there's a little talent there, but they're probably going to be a Bubble team at best. Warren is going to put up stats, Lewis will be exciting, and Cat Barber could be a strong player. Outside of that, a lot of question marks. 

Posted · Report post

It's October therefore duke is most def the team to beat.

Posted · Report post

I would have been a lot more excited if we could have kept Reggie.  I still think we finish in top 3 in ACC, and have a decent shot at a sweet 16.  But when you're a fan of Carolina, or any other team with similar accomplishments it's hard to get excited for a year that you really have 0 shot at a Natty.

Posted · Report post

Basketball may be the only thing that stops me from killing myself this year with the way this whole football thing is shaping up.

Posted · Report post

It will be fun for me to watch how NC States young team will mesh.

Posted · Report post

Basketball may be the only thing that stops me from killing myself this year with the way this whole football thing is shaping up.

Seriously. Carolina's season is already pretty much over with, so might as well go ahead and get excited for some hoops.

Posted · Report post

I am really excited about the season, Duke is going to be fun to watch.  I went up and watched their open practice and it's going to be a run and gun type of offense, think of the 2001 team.  They have a lot of athletes that can get up and down the floor.  Cook is primed to have a break out year, Hood and Parker are on the Preseason All American teams, and the Devils are loaded at the 2 and the 3 spot.  The only question mark is MP3 and if he can stay healthy and play a Zoubek kind of role where he rebounds and protects the rim.  

Posted · Report post

Kentucky and Kansas are leagues beyond everyone else this year. 

I youngins have been looking good at UNC apparently.

Posted · Report post

Kentucky, L'ville (maybe), Michigan State, Kansas, and Duke are the contenders IMO.

As for the ACC,

Duke takes the league, but there will be bumps along the way.

'Cuse, ND, Carolina, UVA fight for the 2-5 spots. 

Posted · Report post

Don't sleep on UNC.

Paige will challenge Cook for best pg play in conference.

McAdoo will be able to move back to the 4 and maybe play to his potential. Joel James and Meeks developing real nicely.

If PJ and McDonald can consistently knock down perimeter shots they will be deadly, because no one will be able to rebound and defend the paint like the heels.

Posted · Report post

Don't sleep on UNC.

Paige will challenge Cook for best pg play in conference.

McAdoo will be able to move back to the 4 and maybe play to his potential. Joel James and Meeks developing real nicely.

If PJ and McDonald can consistently knock down perimeter shots they will be deadly, because no one will be able to rebound and defend the paint like the heels.

unc finishes 4th or 5th in the league Duke, Notre Dame, Cuse, and UVA are all better than unc.  unc lost their best wing defender in Bullock and the league is loaded with really good wings.  

James and Meeks are both overweight and I don't think they can run the floor like unc likes to do so I don't know how much they play.  

IMO PJ misses at least 10 games and could be much more so I don't know about counting on him.