Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Due to the government shutdown..."

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

"...the Armed Forces Network is currently unavailable."

That's what my son-in-law got when he tried to watch the MLB playoffs.

No football for them tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

seriously? this actually bothers me.  AFN has an immeasureable benefit to morale of thousands of soldiers.

Posted · Report post

Dam obama!  Just wants to make sure it hurts!  Bastard. Closed the grand canyon as well.  But the dems have not given much of a crap about the military.

Posted · Report post

Almost half of the NOAA (National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration) is on furlough. You know, the guys who track hurricanes and tropical storms,among other things....

But all of the Border Patrol is on the job. Go figure. What's more important, protecting the public from hurricanes and storms or from the maids and nannies crossing the border for work everyday?

Posted · Report post

Dam obama!  Just wants to make sure it hurts!  Bastard. Closed the grand canyon as well.  But the dems have not given much of a crap about the military.

America doesn't negotiate with terrorists

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Almost half of the NOAA (National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration) is on furlough. You know, the guys who track hurricanes and tropical storms,among other things....

But all of the Border Patrol is on the job. Go figure. What's more important, protecting the public from hurricanes and storms or from the maids and nannies crossing the border for work everyday?

Just like the application of obamacare.  Pick and chose.

Posted · Report post

Ummm, the Republican majority Congress closed the gates, not the Dems, they don't have the votes.

Oh, that's right, the Repubs want you to believe their majority in the House isn't capable of doing this and the minority Dems voted to close the government down.

A funding bill was sent to the House. The Repubs voted it down, thereby closing down government. 

Posted · Report post

America doesn't negotiate with terrorists

Yeah obama is just letting the hostages stay with the people holding them. Smart move. Refusing to let hostages be released.

Posted · Report post

over 80% of the government still running?

Then they are trying to make some high profile cuts to inflict as much pain as possible this time around.

Remember how the sky was gonna fall during the sequester?  They won't make the same mistake this time

The chicken little politicians want to be needed.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/wheres-sense-of-crisis-in-a-17-percent-government-shutdown/article/2536862

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

No, I don't remember when the sky was going to fall during the sequester. I do, however, remember what was actually going to happen instead of listening to Fox News morons tell you what you wanted to hear to make you feel better, just like they are doing during the shutdown, er, I mean the slimdown.

Posted · Report post

A funding bill was sent to the House. The Repubs voted it down, thereby closing down government.

link?