Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

venom

Swiss to Vote on Guaranteed $2800 Monthly Income for All Adults

153 posts in this topic

I bet madhatter is that guy that complains about traffic on a sunday afternoon on his way to like a country club or something

"where are all these derelicts going? Oh that's right probably to buy drugs or see their babymama. Get a job and off the road"

To his driver...

I bet madhatter is that guy that complains about traffic on a sunday afternoon on his way to like a country club or something

"where are all these derelicts going? Oh that's right probably to buy drugs or see their babymama. Get a job and off the road"

The vilification of success on this board is appalling. The dude worked hard to get where he is to live a comfortable life and people try to make fun of him for his effort? I don't get it man.

If there's one thing the Huddle hates more than people with money, I don't think we've found it yet.

1 person likes this

The vilification of success on this board is appalling. The dude worked hard to get where he is to live a comfortable life and people try to make fun of him for his effort? I don't get it man.

I don't think it's that, it's how he flaunts and uses it in his discussions.  I don't mind he's successful, just that, we shouldn't make it harder on others than it has to be because it was for us.

It is not hate toward Huddlers with success and money, it is the disdain of the arrogance and vile spit of those who seem to have a disconnect with those that happen to live outside of success and money.

These Huddlers ignore or refuse to acknowledge the struggles that are individually unique and paint them in broad strokes of being leeches and worthless-less-than humans.

Working hard and giving effort is nice but if you do not think people work hard at a chicken processing plant or as part a cleaning crew then your wrong.

These individuals may have three jobs and give great effort at their jobs but bc of poor elementary, middle, high schools, language limitations, family oligations they cannot get a degree or technical job training so they are stuck.

Social Stratisfication is at the lowest rates in the US's history so for someone to come from a poor background and acheive upper middle class is the exception and "working hard "is not always the primary factor of success.

1 person likes this

That's because you get sucked into the glorification of the hard workin american spiel so easily

Hey if you want that mcmansion you need to work like a dog for it sonny boy

That's because you get sucked into the glorification of the hard workin american spiel so easily

It was every Mitt Romney speech...I made companies...just borrow 10,000 dollars from a family member bc you can too!!

Now lets talk about the minorities and immigrants we should create camps for..

There is glory and self gratification in working hard and making something happen for yourself. It should not be villainized in any way whatsoever.  The villain is the structure that holds hard working people back. Be it social, economical or both.

As for the thread

I often dislike the ways Hatter says things, but he has confidence in the ability of others to take the extra step to get to a better place in life.  I made sacrifices this year to improve my situation and after just a week I am seeing new opportunities jump to the for front.

Dislike Hatter for being arrogant, but to dislike his posts over his success is a sign of poor character.

3 people like this

You're damn right I'm entitled to food and water. 99% of the things we work for we don't need, but if you want it then you should have to work for it. 

However back in the day fishing and hunting considered of going into a river, grabbing fish and cooking it. Corporations are taking all of the farm land, and one day its going to be illegal to grab an apple off of a tree. All I'm saying is society is rich enough to provide everybody with the basics. 

What pisses me off about this is people expect jobs to just land out of the sky. THERE ARE NO JOBS to be found. What are people supposed to do?

You aren't really entitled to much of poo kiddo.  Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness and that little document called the Bill of Rights sums up what you are officially entitled to in this country.  You can make the argument that you are entitled to healthcare (life) and education/training via the Government (Pursuit of Happiness). Can't say I would completely agree with you tho. 

You are right about the 99% of things we don't need. Eliminating luxuries from a lifestyle could elevate many quicker than usual.

Cooperations aren't taking all the farm land, not sure where you even get that idea. A link would be swell.  Places like Monsanto are taking up the crops, that much is true.

Sure society is rich enough to provide for everyone, in many fashions we already do. Entitlement programs aren't exactly paid for by the people on the entitlements. 

There are plenty of Jobs around. I can get someone a job today with a few phone calls. It not a comfortable job, but it would be added income.