Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

venom

Swiss to Vote on Guaranteed $2800 Monthly Income for All Adults

153 posts in this topic

So..not natural at all? Gotcha. The logical blackhole you keep falling into is that you don't think people are entitled to necessities of life. 10,000 years ago food and water couldn't be provided, so people had to get it themselves. Now, food and water could easily be provided to all 7 billion people on the planet. What can't be provided (a new pair of Jordans) should be worked for. 

And I seriously pity anybody that is willing to work 13 hours a day, 6 days a week, unless you have like 9 children to feed. Is whatever you're trying to buy really worth losing a good chunk of your life working?

i'd like to see some citation on that

remind me how food rations worked in the soviet union or china? i hate to bring out the "COMMUNISM MURRIKA fug YEAH" but seriously.

you want people to come to your door and spoonfeed you while you shitpost on the huddle. you are naive.

I completely agree that attitude is everything...I'm just not sure how far it can take you in certain arenas considering the fact that the system is rigged.

Venom I like you and your posts, but we are going to clash on some points here.

Everyone should be entitled to the basic necessities of survival, especially since there's plenty to go around for everyone.

In ,this country at least, I'd argue a high % of Americans have access to these things freely. Welfare, Medicare/caid, now ObamaCare, Public housing/shelters, etc are availible for a good portion of the public. I agree with you this can be done better and should be a focus.

The notion that we should have to slave away to pay to live on the planet we were born to is western ideological poison, and keeps us in perpetual states of drudgery and servitude. It's because of this survival game that stems all the crime, hate, and other societal misfortunes we endure in society...while also side-tracking people from fully pursuing their life passions, dreams and the exercising of free will. If everyone's needs were taken care of, society would instantly become a more compassionate, harmonious, and stress-free environment.

Here you start to leave the reservation. Especially the last line. Some people just want "more". So in this utopia, which I would welcome if everyone played nicely, where does the person that want's two sandwiches go?  Does he cease to exist?  If everyone gets a sandwich every day and this guy wants two what happens to him? To the person he takes it from?  (sandwich is a "need" in this example). Who makes all the things? Why do they make them?  

The whole attitude of "I worked harder than you, so therefore I deserve more" is about as divisive, manipulative, and uncompassionate as it gets. In a foundational sense, we are literally all the same, and one with each other. 

It really isn't. I believe people are entitled (hurr derp) to the fruits of their labor. If I cut 10 cords of wood and you cut 3 should my house not be warmed longer than yours ?  We are not all the same, sadly. Some people do not contribute and those persons ultimately fracture the system of a society all chipping in for the common good. 

Because of this we have to look out for our fellow brothers and sisters all across the planet.

As I said earlier in this thread, I'm more than willing to help anyone who truly craves help

Not everyone was born under the same circumstances, so therefore it makes sense to use our resources to make sure everyone can enjoy a same basic life standard where food, water, shelter, and energy are no longer issues of worry. This is all a no-brainer really...common sense stuff. 

Sure if those things were free and plentiful things would be tons easier. Sad thing is they are not. So until one of your "ascended conscioustheories pan out we have what we have.

The fact that our society allows millions in this world to endure lives of misfortune and exploitation, displays our immaturity, utter selfishness, and complete disregard for others. As we all know, the current systems that harbor this mentality are extremely self-destructive and are in no way sustainable by any means. We are all in this game of life together, and it is essential to our survival as a species (and the planet's survival) that we look out and care for everyone.

I greatly agree with the bolded part.

It's trivialization to say being a billionaire is attainable just because you have that can do attitude. I don't see a lot of billionaires just walking around all over the place, and I don't think Bill Gates went to bed daily saying to himself "I'm gonna be a billionaire" in his earlier years while he was getting pulled over for dui

Its also trivialization to say someone "literally" can not succeed because of their societal and economic factors.

1 person likes this

Its also trivialization to say someone "literally" can not succeed because of their societal and economic factors.

You yourself said it was the "villain" in all of this a page ago, so are you agreeing or disagreeing

In my life one of the hardest working people I've met had 3 jobs and basically worked from the time they woke up to the time they went to bed every single day, 7 days a week. And yet they were still broke, as hard as they work they didn't make much money and everything went to bills and supporting their family. There's no time or money left over to start a business or go to college. They're very much stuck in their situation. Just about every single second of their life spent working to barely eek out a living and for the most part, make money for the companies they are employed by.

I've also met someone that doesn't work ever. He's never worked a day in his life. He's also an alcoholic. But he's a multimillionaire, lives in a huge house, drives a car worth 6 figures and have more disposal income than he knows what to do with. Like most millionaires in this country he was born into it, his family is rich so he is too. The weird thing is this guys actual INCOME is far greater than the first guy I mentioned. It's not just the wealth that he inherited, he actually has a steady stream of income as well. He's part business owner of the family business he inherited and it's very profitable. Even with no input or work from his end, so he sits back and makes a HUGE amount of money week in and week out without lifting a finger. It's not uncommon for him to pull in over $10,000 in a single week from the profits of his business (and that's just his share as part owner). A big part of how his business is making such huge profits is because they pay their employees (the people that are actually doing all the work and running the company) next to nothing. One of those employees being the first guy that I mentioned.

Anyone want to look at this and tell me there's nothing wrong with the system we have in place and people should just work hard if they want to get ahead.

3 people like this

You yourself said it was the "villain" in all of this a page ago, so are you agreeing or disagreeing

It is a villain, it can hold people back, it only stops you if you let it.

Not letting it goes back to working hard and wanting it.

It's friday.

Right so these social and economic barriers are only imaginary and very able to overcome if you pretend they can't affect you

I find this very hard to believe

Right so these social and economic barriers are only imaginary and very able to overcome if you pretend they can't affect you

I find this very hard to believe

not to mention it's ridiculous to expect people to overcome greater obstacles than others, based purely on their socioeconomic status. an actual libertarian would desire a level playing field for all, so that the true cream could rise to the top.

1 person likes this

As we become more technologically advanced, I expect to see automation continue to eliminate jobs and turn previously skilled high paying jobs into non-skill minimum wage jobs. I can only see the concentration of wealth getting worse with our current system, not better.

3 people like this