#16 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,444 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Anyone see the piece on 60 Minutes last night on Social Security Disability abuse?

Congress has such a hard on for defunding something, defund the government disability program.

#17 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

THIS IS fuging BEAUTIFUL.....

The citizens coming together for a solution that benefits the entire country.....

How can we deny that this would not help? Instead of people working just to survive, they will have enough money to pursue their dreams and ideal jobs or businesses. They wont have to worry about just paying the minimum payments on their bills and staying in debt with each generation.

the american way is NOT the answer and we have seen this first hand. We are supposed to be a wealthy country but the average citizen lives in borderline poverty and has immense debt owed.  The system we have in place is a system not designed to uplift everyone.  We are soooo deep into this system we are afraid to admit when the shyt doesnt work....im all for this....

#18 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

#19 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,746 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

THIS IS fuging BEAUTIFUL.....

The citizens coming together for a solution that benefits the entire country.....

How can we deny that this would not help? Instead of people working just to survive, they will have enough money to pursue their dreams and ideal jobs or businesses. They wont have to worry about just paying the minimum payments on their bills and staying in debt with each generation.

the american way is NOT the answer and we have seen this first hand. We are supposed to be a wealthy country but the average citizen lives in borderline poverty and has immense debt owed.  The system we have in place is a system not designed to uplift everyone.  We are soooo deep into this system we are afraid to admit when the shyt doesnt work....im all for this....

Another case of people wanting more free poo that they don't have to do anything (training, school, work, etc) for.

#20 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Rough numbers here...Rough adult US population (over 20) is 230,320,143...x 2,800 = $644,896,400,400......per month.  

#21 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Another case of people wanting more free poo that they don't have to do anything (training, school, work, etc) for.

Life is not supposed to be a perpetual struggle based on hardship and survival. It's supposed to be about love, thriving, and persuing your dreams. The current systems of the united states revolves around slavery - financial, emotional and psychological. The swiss have the right idea. If we were any smart or had any inkling of humanity we would follow their lead. The resources are there, its just a matter of shifting to a new paradigm based around love, unity, and compassion. The rat race mentality of me me me is outdated, ignorant and no longer serves humanity.

#22 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Rough numbers here...Rough adult US population (over 20) is 230,320,143...x 2,800 = $644,896,400,400......per month.  

$2800 is a bit high for the US. Comparable would be about $1100.

Back of the envelope math, there are ~300 million so  about 3 trillion total or about 4 times the cost of social security.

#23 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

At 3 trillion 38% tax?

Pay for my free gov internet id want on top of this.

#24 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,746 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Life is not supposed to be a perpetual struggle based on hardship and survival. It's supposed to be about love, thriving, and persuing your dreams. The current systems of the united states revolves around slavery - financial, emotional and psychological. The swiss have the right idea. If we were any smart or had any inkling of humanity we would follow their lead. The resources are there, its just a matter of shifting to a new paradigm based around love, unity, and compassion. The rat race mentality of me me me is outdated, ignorant and no longer serves humanity.

Yep...it is much easier to not get an education, not get training, and then expect the gov't to guarantee you $3k a month for nothing.

Of course you and the Dems woudl support that.  Another entitlement.

#25 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yep...it is much easier to not get an education, not get training, and then expect the gov't to guarantee you $3k a month for nothing.

Yeah this is probably a richer who enjoys keeping everyone else pushed to the ground and poor while the rich get richer.

Of course Americans would love this, we live in a country where the American dream is hardly a reality anymore.  CEO-to-worker pay is ridiculous, retirement is further and further away, we work way too much to enjoy life and do the things we want to do.  I'm sure people would still work, maybe just less, but that doesn't mean it would be any less productive.  This could totally work in a country where people became a bit less selfish (see quote above).  

#26 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

You see Madd Hater is one of those who believes America is filled with lazy human beings whos life long dream was to make 2,800 dollars a month =) You see my friend you lack compassion and hope in your fellow american to do what needs to be done.  You are not the only one with big dreams and desires for higher education.  The reason why there are not more higher educated kids is because their are not enough scholarships provided for those who live in impoverished areas. Kids that may have a C+ every other semester cant get full rides to school and to think that people would all join in together and stop pursuing school because of "free" income is simply ignoring present day reality.  The reality is school is too expensive for those even with working parents...the system we have in place now is not paying the middle class enough to get out of debt from those same student loans....The system now was not designed for everyone to achieve the american dream...someone had to work for much less and do much more work...At least the swiss recognize this and are doing something about it.  Having a certain amount of income does not promote crime or violence...but not having income coming in in order to eat and survice does force some people to prostitute themselves, steal and rob in order to meet the minimum to get by....You may not agree and thats fine but I have more faith in my american brothers and sisters and know that if money wasnt an object millions would chase their dream and do what they always wanted to do. 

#27 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

The rich are the entitled in this country.

#28 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Madhatter subscribes to a worldview where money is the only thing that matters and a person's motivation and importance can be measured by their paycheck

Its actually quite sad

#29 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hatter, you really think EVERYONE would lose their intrinsic drive to earn an education or gain a valuable skill? 

I think MORE people would do MORE of both if we had a similar plan in place here because as it stands now, people who would otherwise like to do so can't because they are currently enslaved under our current system.

I think people would be much more likely to provide services for others, seek out self-enrichment, education, etc., out of the goodness of their heart because they no longer will have to worry about working like a dog at a meaningless job to keep their lights on.

#30 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

safety net spurs entrepreneurship. removing the possibility of ending up homeless if an investment* fails would promote start ups and competition.

*investment in this case applying to poor ppl investments. when fatass bankers tank the world economy, they already get bailed out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com