Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andy Lucky

154 posts in this topic

Posted

U're kidding?

Not everyone is that Cam-centered.

I know damn well you, of all people on this board, didn't just say that.  In your two or however many years on this board I've never seen a single post from you where you didn't jump all over something/someone that suggested Cam might be less-than-perfect, among many other things.

And for the record I'm one of the biggest Cam Newton Panther fan homers out there before you start vaguely accusing me of being some racist brainwashed media yuppie.  I don't like Andrew Luck or the other media "chosen" QBs either.

Posted

I posted this in the MNF Chat thread, but figured it deserved its own thread so more people could see it and maybe appreciate our QB a little more.

Cam Newton: 11 TDs, 225 passing ypg, 60.8%, 5 INTs, 1 Fumble (5 games)

Andrew Luck: 9 TDs, 224 passing ypg, 61.8%, 3 INTs, 2 Fumbles (6 games)

Russell Wilson: 8 TDs, 209 passing ypg, 61.4%, 4 INTs, 5 Fumbles (6 games)

Colin Kaepernick: 8 TDs, 203 passing ypg, 55.9%, 5 INTs, 5 Fumbles (6 games)

Robert Griffin: 6 TDs, 289* passing ypg, 59.8%, 5 INTs, 6 Fumbles (5 games)

So even with that god-awful Cardinals game where the entire offense decided to have a meltdown (despite Cam playing flawlessly the first half) and completely atypical game manager-esque Seahawks game--which heavily skews his passing yards with this few games--Cam is at the top. You could also make an argument for Luck.

*Garbage Time Alert

excellent post by Relaximapro from the other forum.

Posted

There are more fans here that know Luck is a legitimate talent at quarterback than not.

It's just strange that some people can look past mistakes for Andrew, but if it's Cam, they casually talk about trade possibilities.

That's pretty funny actually, given that anytime a discussion comes up of legitimate things Newton needs to improve on, you're one of the main folks whose entire posts boil down to the phrase "no, he doesn't" :lol:

Among the "it's everybody else's fault but Cam's crowd, you're probably the second most vocal.  Footballisasport would be the first, but I generally ignore him given that the sum total of his football knowledge is found in his user name.

MY FUGGIN POINT!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is proving mine.

If someone came in and posted about Newton's performance in a game the way you're posting about Luck - ignoring anything at all positive, minimizing anything related to team mistakes, etc - you'd be screaming "haters".  But you come here and apply the same tactics to Luck, which doesn't make you look confident in Cam.

Exactly the opposite.  It makes you look like you'll take any path to tear down other QBs who succeed, even the tactics you criticize others using against Newton.  That's not confidence.  It's insecurity.  Reality is the continuing attempt to prove everyone else isn't so great makes this crowd sound like a bunch of jealous teenage girls tearing down a school rival.

Truth be told, Luck's name likely wouldn't even come up on this page (why should it? he's in the AFC and we don't play him this year) if it weren't for insecure fans looking for something they can use to tear him down.

How about you try talking about Newton without this schoolgirl need to tear down everybody else and then maybe we can have an actual adult discussion?

1 person likes this

Posted

I know damn well you, of all people on this board, didn't just say that.  In your two or however many years on this board I've never seen a single post from you where you didn't jump all over something/someone that suggested Cam might be less-than-perfect, among many other things.

And for the record I'm one of the biggest Cam Newton Panther fan homers out there before you start vaguely accusing me of being some racist brainwashed media yuppie.  I don't like Andrew Luck or the other media "chosen" QBs either.

Now that shows that u are Cam-centered because my argument has always been what's with the endless nitpicking of Cam while make excuses or accepting mediocrity from the rest of your team. Go back and check.

Sorry but I'm not media controlled. I actually pay attention to these players outside the bias of our media. As a matter of fact, IMO, Dalton is a better Luck than Luck is.

Luck was giving Richardson a serious work-out. It seems all he was dumbing the ball off on him. Imagine if Cam had a "go to" guy like Richardson.

Posted

That's pretty funny actually, given that anytime a discussion comes up of legitimate things Newton needs to improve on, you're one of the main folks whose entire posts boil down to the phrase "no, he doesn't" :lol:

Among the "it's everybody else's fault but Cam's crowd, you're probably the second most vocal.  Footballisasport would be the first, but I generally ignore him given that the sum total of his football knowledge is found in his user name.

Which is proving mine.

If someone came in and posted about Newton's performance in a game the way you're posting about Luck - ignoring anything at all positive, minimizing anything related to team mistakes, etc - you'd be screaming "haters".  But you come here and apply the same tactics to Luck, which doesn't make you look confident in Cam.

Exactly the opposite.  It makes you look like you'll take any path to tear down other QBs who succeed, even the tactics you criticize others using against Newton.  That's not confidence.  It's insecurity.  Reality is the continuing attempt to prove everyone else isn't so great makes this crowd sound like a bunch of jealous teenage girls tearing down a school rival.

Truth be told, Luck's name likely wouldn't even come up on this page (why should it? he's in the AFC and we don't play him this year) if it weren't for insecure fans looking for something they can use to tear him down.

How about you try talking about Newton without this schoolgirl need to tear down everybody else and then maybe we can have an actual adult discussion?

Thanks for the compliment. :)

And it's clear you're one of the folks who seem to enjoy picking the pimple off of Cam's butt while reducing the glaring problems of this team too a quick band-aid fix. How is that helping you're team? I guess you and all of your football knowledge have the answer.

Posted

Instead of pulling things from your ass Mr. Scot, how about you quote a post where I've said anything of the sort.

Until then, could you actually address the post I made.

Posted

excellent post by Relaximapro from the other forum.

Stop showing these folks the truth. They need a scape-goat and Cam is the perfect specimen. He is talented and a lightening rod.

Posted

I think you just described Cam.

But Luck is suppose to be a Pocket Passer and more mature than Cam.

I guess not. :)

Posted

You really sure you still wanna push this point?

Cause if you wanna go the route of trying to say that a game with bad stats shows something, you probably don't wanna take a look at Newton's stats against Arizona.

Now, if you wanna defend those stats by pointing to bad O-Line, poor performance by teammates, bad defense and/or dropped passes, all well and good...except then you have no standing to invalidate those points when made about Luck in the Chargers game.

So, are you gonna stick with this agenda?

I remember you from back in 2011. You were one of the few who was quick to defend all the other QBs but your own.

I see you're dislike for Cam is still clouding your vision.

Posted

That's the thing, I'm pretty objective. I have coaching experience. I also work with a good friend of mine that runs a youth football league, (not a team, the league) And I'm telling you he is not particularly good. I expect him to regress over the years, and I think there is a reason they brought in his college coordinator but reduced his pass attempts. He is the type to never have less than 10 interceptions a year. His form is pretty good and his arm strength is okay but he does not go through his reads, he doesn't climb the pocket often enough and he escapes the pocket too soon. That's my unbiased evaluation. But I respect different opinions.

I said before and I will say it again, if folks treated Luck they way they do the not so "chosen QBs" he would be ordinary.

Posted

Instead of pulling things from your ass Mr. Scot, how about you quote a post where I've said anything of the sort.

Until then, could you actually address the post I made.

I did.

And don't bother with the innocent act. Any thread about Newton finds you there, and as often as not with some subtle attempt to call someone a racist (usually worded as 'oh, we know what he's REALLY saying, right guys?')

Seriously, if you can't debate without resorting to lowbrow tactics like that, it becomes pretty clear that your argument is weak.

Stop pulling that crap and I'll take you more seriously.

Posted

I did.

And don't bother with the innocent act. Any thread about Newton finds you there, and as often as not with some subtle attempt to call someone a racist (usually worded as 'oh, we know what he's REALLY saying, right guys?')

Seriously, if you can't debate without resorting to lowbrow tactics like that, it becomes pretty clear that your argument is weak.

No you didn't. You ignored it all and went straight into defense mode (ironically like you're presently accusing me of).

So because I post in Cam threads, that must mean that I am a homer who thinks he walks on water? Please. Funny you mention lowbrow tactics, isn't that what you are doing right now by deflecting and putting words in my mouth with no proof that I've said it?