Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,558 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

lol, whatever you say

Do yourself a favor and let go of the inferiority complex.

Luck is really good.  That fact takes nothing away from Newton.

Obsessively trying anything to tear him down just makes you look like a jealous teenage girl.

Get over it.  Focus on your own QB rather than worrying how much people like somebody else's.

#107 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,467 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Luck played much better in the 2nd half. Coincidentally he had much better protection too. Was more decisive with the ball.

Texans basically lost the game on STs... 3 missed FGs and none were over 50 yards? Really? Didn't know Mare was signed by Houston.

#108 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RAT.
A. Luck 18/40 271 6.8 3 0 92.8

If that's a bad game I would hate to see a good one

#109 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

Bump thread because Luck is losing...

Luck leads a comeback from 18 down and wins...

"I'M STILL RIGHT!" :lol:

Let go of the Luck obsession.  He's really good.  That fact takes nothing away from Newton. 

Get over it.

This had nothing to do with Newton. Like I said you have me confused with someone else.  Tony Dungy said Kubiak not being there (he was the playcaller) affected the offense.  And also I stand by my points and I am waiting for any kind of non Newton related rebuttal. I am all for this being civilized, recheck my posts to verify. So far the argument for his greatness is

1. He calls plays at the line like Peyton

2. His leadership skills are good

3. His poor stats do not tell the tale

4. His overthrows, short hops and poor reads are the receiver's fault not the product of his lack of progression, impatience in the pocket and bad checks at the line.

sounds like Eli to me.  The reason he was completing 56% to Reggie Wayne and 23-28% to EVERYONE else on the team was because Reggie Wayne was nearly always the first read. Now TY Hilton will become the first read.

#110 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

92 Rating today. Sounds pretty solid to me.

#111 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,558 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

This had nothing to do with Newton. Like I said you have me confused with someone else. 

From earlier in the thread (link)

It's just strange that some people can look past mistakes for Andrew, but if it's Cam, they casually talk about trade possibilities.

MY FUGGIN POINT!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah.  Not you at all...

#112 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

Obsessively trying anything to tear him down just makes you look like a jealous teenage girl.

Get over it.  Focus on your own QB rather than worrying how much people like somebody else's.

Forgive me for talking FOOTBALL in a FOOTBALL forum. I didn't realize that wasn't allowed. Your obvious and impressively vast knowledge of the game has so far outshined my meager football experience that I was unaware of the rules in this FOOTBALL forum.  Even though I have not mentioned Cam AT ALL in any comparison to Luck, I can only guess that your infinite wisdom and depth of knowledge of football has given you the ability to read so deep into my subconscious mind that I am unaware what I must really mean. And the fact that you have chosen NOT TO SHARE your obvious vast knowledge of football and QB play and instead have chosen to insult me, well that most certainly doesn't mean that you literally have no idea what you are talking about and instead are buying wholeheartedly in to the media hype and have probably never played football competitively let alone the position of QB.

#113 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

From earlier in the thread...

Nah.  Not you at all...

lol, you are misrepresenting my point.

#114 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,558 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

lol, you are misrepresenting my point.

By quoting you?

Okay :unsure:

#115 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

By quoting you?

Okay :unsure:

its cool man, whatever. I feel like I am talking to a brick wall anyway and I have to be at work at 6 in the morn

#116 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

My only thing with Luck, isn't whether he is good or not.  He clearly is.  I just point out the double standard that is often put out by the media and some fans in regards to our QB, as well as the media putting the cart before the horse with what we should think about Luck.

I have no problem with Andrew Luck being great and a hall of famer.  I just want him to be those things before it is declared by people trying to push the guy into something he is not at this point.

My ire is more pointed at the media, fans, and other talking heads than Luck himself.  He seems like a great dude.

#117 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

The media "ball washes" someone every year.  Right now it seems to be Andrew Luck. 

How many time did John Madden work Brett Farve's name into his play by play? It seemed like very 4th work out of his mouth was about Farve.  (Even if he wasn't covering one of his games.)  He said it so many time, it got to be a drinking game.  LOL  Every time Madden said Brett Farve's name, college students all over the nation were taking a shot!

Last year, the media tried to make the Luck vs RGIII but that has seemed to die down.  (Maybe because RGIII seems to be more fragile?) 

Maybe next year it's Johnny Football. 

#118 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,543 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

This.

The young bucks on this forum who constantly get butt hurt over Cam, feel the need to constantly defend him like he's part of their family, who rip on any other young QB, etc. are straight up retarded. But look, you'll get over it and the testosterone will drop a few notches in a few years and you'll be able to enjoy life more. :)

#119 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

This.

The young bucks on this forum who constantly get butt hurt over Cam, feel the need to constantly defend him like he's part of their family, who rip on any other young QB, etc. are straight up retarded. But look, you'll get over it and the testosterone will drop a few notches in a few years and you'll be able to enjoy life more. :)

What about the old heads on this forum that constantly get butthurt over any defense of Cam & feel the need to rush in to rip on anyone posting in his defense? :)

#120 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

Dang, it is going to take two missed field goals, a collapsed coach, and a bump from the refs to get this kid a win today.  Andrew Lucky?

That pass was on a dime though :goodjob:

Correction, three missed field goals.

Luck is proving that he is way more lucky than good. But those in the media are making sure to convince us that he's beyond good.

What I saw last night was not a Peyton Manning on display, despite the hype, but a kid who seems to catch a lot of lucky breaks and is able to capitalize on them. It's clear the emotion and spirit of the Texan team died when their coach went down and it showed as  the game worn on. But these fools will spin anything they can to convince us that Luck had this spectacular comeback and not simply the Texans lost the game. Three points was all they scored in the final two qrters. 3 points. Despite the fact that there were 4 field-goal attempts in those two qrters and one that would have tied the game.

This is how bias and obviously tunnel visioned these fools are about Luck. They are not even speaking on the QB for the Texan and how composed and mature he was. Keenum isn't getting an ounce of praise from these Luck behind kissers on NFLN. When truth be told, he played WAY better than Luck, He never buckled under the pressure. He wasn't the one who lost the game. There were 9 points left on the field that would have been more than enough for the team to win. The Colts Defenders only started sacking him near the end of the fourth qrter. He was like Houdini for three plus qrters, unlike Luck.  And considering this was Keenum second game with his team vs. Luck's 2nd year, he connected way better with multiple players on his team, when Luck didn't have his "go to" Receiver and was flaring away until he got a couple of lucky strikes in the fourth quarter.  What does that say about Luck?

IMO, Luck is more in line with Alex Smith style of playing. Dink and dunking, very methodical style of game managing.They won't do much but when they catch those lucky breaks, the breaks usually seem to work out in their favor.  But unlike Alex, whose team is 9-0, Luck is gets ALL the praises and tongue bathing for his team wins because we're being trained to see him as the next Peyton, Brady, or even better than them, when he's not. Yet, all you hear from these Fools on NFLN is the Kansas City Chiefs are 9-0. Very little credit is going to Alex Smith for helping the team win.Such is the perks that goes with being a "chosen QB."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com