Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to put something on Cam

117 posts in this topic

Posted

So basically you make ludicrous statements based on zero facts, and expect everyone to disprove you?

yes.

it's wonderful

Posted

Clearly this man is under the influence.

Posted

The Patrick Peterson pick was a good read, he just under threw him. The third doesn't matter. Bottom line is that penalties and failure to adjust to what the Cardinals were calling was the problem. 5 screens the whole game, 4 were wide receiver screens.

Other than the picks, cam was having the best game I've ever seen him have. Accurate throws at every area in the field. If Smitty brings down the TD and Lafell catches the 4th down throw, we have a new ball game. Those are your number 1 and 2 wide out dropping balls that cannot be dropped.

Posted

Clearly this man is under the influence.

don't go bringing buffalo trace into this

Posted

no single person is "the problem"

The thing people need to change most is their mindset going into these mindless debates

That's a big issue on The Huddle however.

If Cam struggles on a single pass, he's a bust. We gotta start looking else where for another QB. That's the logic behind most fanbases. The problem is fans forget to look at other QBs around the league. QBs are human (unless you're Peyton Manning). They all make similar mistakes, and have shortcomings. You took the good with the bad.

Posted

Yall need to stop this putting blame here and there crap

The whole team sucks

You cant say Cam takes the blame, but turn around and say yea the oline is bad and our receivers suck. Which one is it?

Our offensive philosophy is a problem. We still playing like we're in 2003, as opposed to 2013 put as many points on the board as possible in the fastest time. Maybe our offensive philosophy has to compensate on what we have, average to bad receivers. We're don't spread out like Denver/Dallas were today. Who would have thought once we signed Ginn he would CLEARLY be our best WR

To be fair to Ginn, he has played like a starter all season. Makes tough catches, runs all the routes, breaks open when given minimal room. He has earned the starting spot over Lafell in my opinion and needs to be targeted as a number one receiver.

Also we have scored on our last drive of the first half in every game now. Where's that offense?

Posted

That's a big issue on The Huddle however.

If Cam struggles on a single pass, he's a bust. We gotta start looking else where for another QB. That's the logic behind most fanbases. The problem is fans forget to look at other QBs around the league. QBs are human (unless you're Peyton Manning). They all make similar mistakes, and have shortcomings. You took the good with the bad.

And me coming from the other side of the coin, the second someone makes an honest critique you get that lashing.  

We don't call for some new flashy QB but rather challenge the current for the hopeful betterment of the franchise.  People that don't want to accept an honest critique to create a challenge to make our QB better just suck. They're people who stand behind the guard

I'm in no way saying that's you, just saying that's how it can be

Posted

Cam CAN read defenses. That's not his problem. His problem is his decision making once he has to decide between several different things in the span of about a half second. He's not good at that. And of course he's the worst in football come the 4th quarter.

I actually put more blame on his mechanics than I do his judgment.

As to the point of him being better early in the game than he is late, sadly that's a valid one :(

Posted

So what now? We draft Bridgewater and when he isn't Peyton Manning within 20 games we move on to the next guy?

Can some one name 20 other QBs starting in the NFL that you would rather have? 10 you can probably do. 15 you would have to stretch the imagination.

1 person likes this

Posted

There were numerous miscues today for sure. And yes Cam came out confident and with pin point precision. Then early in the 2nd qtr, Buckner and the Cardinals made in-game adjustments and really marginalized Cam. No Cam did not drop a TD pass, Steve Smith did and it was an excellent pass by Cam. No Cam did not drop a sure first down on 4th and 1, Lafell did that on yet another terrific pass from Cam. But here is what Cam did do...

1) Stayed in the pocket and repeatedly held the ball too long.

2) Took (2) ill advised sacks that cost his team points.

#1 - On 3rd down and in FG range he took a horrible sack for a 12 yard loss. Result - Should have chucked the ball on 3rd down.....CATS PUNT

#2 - Can not wait for a play to develop on a pass from the endzone. Result - Should have chucked the ball immediately.....SAFTEY

#3 - Woefully underthrown but determined to throw it to a blanketed Steve Smith (Happens too often).  Result - INTERCEPTION

#4 - Horrible read as he locked onto a blanketed Steve Smith in the endzone. RESULT - KILLER INTERCEPTION

**** Late game errors but the game was essentially over ***

5A - The fumble under heavy pressure!

5B - The end of game pic that sealed a very bad 3 quarters for my QB!

I expect a change of head coach likely this week or shortly. But, I have watched the NFL for 40 years and I think we are seeing an immensely physically gifted athlete that is woefully challenged at being an NFL ready 4th quarter leader. He has improved in certain areas where he was deficient during the past 2.5 years in the NFL. But does anyone feel safe with a small lead in the 4th qtr or coming from behind with Cam in control? I am not throwing Cam under the bus at all. But in the NFL "play for pay" is a results based business not fantasy football. The Cats once again had their routine 4th quarter collapse. No need to blame anyone. But, executives are paid to make the painful decisions. So out goes RR. then comes a new coach. And Cam had damn well better have a heart to heart with himself. Because, Hurney is gone, Chud is gone and soon to be Rivera. Can't peel the onion any further than that ladies and gents.  Once this coach is canned then it is Cam front and center.....

3 people like this

Posted

He's wildly inconsistent. Not sure it will ever improve. He needs to be on a team that has all the pieces because he can't overcome other weaknesses like QB's that can take a mediocre team and lead to the win in a close game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol at these posts

I really dont even feeling like quoting and pointing out the obvious contradictions

Losing causes people to have a very narrow point of view

1 person likes this