• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panther4lyfe

Time to put something on Cam

Meanwhile, Cam Newton is on pace to be sacked 60 times this season, and he's the most dynamic running QB in the NFL.

Coaching -- when you are doing it wrong.

now you know its always the teams fault...except for cam of course.he is never responsible for his bad play.but the coaches and other players are responsible for their bad play and coaching decisions though.

Meanwhile, Cam Newton is on pace to be sacked 60 times this season, and he's the most dynamic running QB in the NFL.

Coaching -- when you are doing it wrong.

What does being a "dynamic running QB" have to do with it? It's not like he's getting sacked on quarterback draw plays or read options. He's responsible for some of the sacks where he stands around in the pocket waiting for 5 seconds before trying to get rid of the ball off his back foot at the last possible moment.

This is spot on and better than I could have said it. Last year it was Chud and Hurney's fault that Cam sucked most of the time.  Now it's Shula/Rivera. Who will it be when they're gone at the end of this year?

There were numerous miscues today for sure. And yes Cam came out confident and with pin point precision. Then early in the 2nd qtr, Buckner and the Cardinals made in-game adjustments and really marginalized Cam. No Cam did not drop a TD pass, Steve Smith did and it was an excellent pass by Cam. No Cam did not drop a sure first down on 4th and 1, Lafell did that on yet another terrific pass from Cam. But here is what Cam did do...

1) Stayed in the pocket and repeatedly held the ball too long.

2) Took (2) ill advised sacks that cost his team points.

#1 - On 3rd down and in FG range he took a horrible sack for a 12 yard loss. Result - Should have chucked the ball on 3rd down.....CATS PUNT

#2 - Can not wait for a play to develop on a pass from the endzone. Result - Should have chucked the ball immediately.....SAFTEY

#3 - Woefully underthrown but determined to throw it to a blanketed Steve Smith (Happens too often).  Result - INTERCEPTION

#4 - Horrible read as he locked onto a blanketed Steve Smith in the endzone. RESULT - KILLER INTERCEPTION

**** Late game errors but the game was essentially over ***

5A - The fumble under heavy pressure!

5B - The end of game pic that sealed a very bad 3 quarters for my QB!

I expect a change of head coach likely this week or shortly. But, I have watched the NFL for 40 years and I think we are seeing an immensely physically gifted athlete that is woefully challenged at being an NFL ready 4th quarter leader. He has improved in certain areas where he was deficient during the past 2.5 years in the NFL. But does anyone feel safe with a small lead in the 4th qtr or coming from behind with Cam in control? I am not throwing Cam under the bus at all. But in the NFL "play for pay" is a results based business not fantasy football. The Cats once again had their routine 4th quarter collapse. No need to blame anyone. But, executives are paid to make the painful decisions. So out goes RR. then comes a new coach. And Cam had damn well better have a heart to heart with himself. Because, Hurney is gone, Chud is gone and soon to be Rivera. Can't peel the onion any further than that ladies and gents.  Once this coach is canned then it is Cam front and center.....

you guys don't get it..........and probably never will. It has been said numerous times there were not wrs open, but yes cam should have gotten rid of the ball and in another way did you ever question it was hard for him to get outside of the pocket to throw it away. He's play good up until this game but one bad game and you guys go fuggin overboard like 12 yr olds, Cam as of now is good enough to get this team to the playoffs but if you want him to take the next step you have got to get him a decent o line and wrs who can get open along with smart play-calling. The reason cam doesn't get full blame is because he doesn't put himself in these situations our OC did a bad job countering what ARZ did.

That's the thing though, we're not asking him to do that in Shula's offense. We're giving him a simplified behind center air coryell system's mixed with some pistol/RO offense and running with D'lo and Tolbert a more. We're actually relying less on him this year if anything and he's not helping out much at all in the tangible or intangible aspect.

Shut this bullshit the fug up. We ran the ball a whopping 6 fuging times, in the second half. I'm growing very tired of these morons.