Photo
- - - - -

Time to put something on Cam

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
116 replies to this topic

#25 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

One so many of those sacks where Cam holds the ball for 6 seconds there is Lafell or Ginn underneath open for about a 5 yard gain, but Cam is staring down Olsen and Smitty and never looks at it.

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

it's true that the majority of the picks today were his fault, maybe all of them.  And yes, he held the ball too long way too often.

O-Line play just wasn't good, and really broke down in the second half.  Once Silatolu went down, it was a jailbreak.  Starting to look like Wharton went  unsigned all offseason for good reason.

Defense broke down over time too.  Kawann Short didn't look great today, and Fua was his backup, so...

A lot of this game was legitimately on the players, Cam included, but coaching failed too.

#27 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

At some point if he is a true franchise QB he has to motivate and make the team better. I get the coaches aren't the best, his WR aren't the best, his O line isn't the best...but he has to make the guys around him better. It is his team. I think the poor kid has had his spirit broken. He has gotten by on being a freak athletic QB but in the NFL you must have the brain to break a defense apart and the fire to get more from the team.

#28 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

It's kinda funny easily this thread got misinterpreted. Of course I'm placing the able loss on Cam cause one player losses the game. No I'm not saying Cam loss the cam by himself. I'm saying Cam was a problem we loss this game and people alway find away to ignore the fact than Cam has just as much in the loss as the oline and WR.

#29 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

HUDDLER

Since week 2 of Cam's rookie year there's been a thread made title "It's time we start putting blame on Cam" every week, but it never stops someone from making the same thread every week. 

#30 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

HUDDLER

Cam has one year on his left on his contract after this season. Hopefully, the Panthers next coach will an offensive-minded guy that will stick with Cam next year. That will be his tryout for the new era.

i know this is shocking but i dont think Cam will be here after his contract is up....

#31 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

You can't consistently win when you consistently ask one player to carry a team on his back.

That's the thing though, we're not asking him to do that in Shula's offense.  We're giving him a simplified behind center air coryell system mixed with some pistol/RO offense and running with D'lo and Tolbert a more.  We're actually relying less on him this year if anything and he's not helping out much at all in the tangible or intangible aspect.   

#32 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Cam cannot read defenses and is not a leader. That's his 2 biggest problems. He is a great physical specimen though but that doesn't win many games.

Your evidence of this is where?

I've sure never heard this silliness before... It's like watching ESPN.

#33 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

This is his 3rd year and he is the same QB as year 1

Probably worse b/c of the staff around him....

Whose talking poo about Chud now? Chud let Cam be Cam at least

#34 Lakelover

Lakelover

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

This right here is what many will deny/rip on for a while but at the end of the day, there is truth in this.  

And of course dudes and dudettes the blame is not solely on Cam but it's obvious he's missing things we shouldn't rely upon a non-player to coach him up about.  

I know there are alot of Cam fans out there but he is becoming Josh Freeman right before our eyes.  Good NFL coaches will expose him (like today).    Big guy.  Not a winning NFL quarterback.  Gone in a year or two.  Sorry.  My opinion.  Everyone has one.

#35 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Honestly what I'm tired of is the real culprits for why this team continues to wallow in sub mediocrity every single year getting a free pass because fans are either too stupid or too emotionally invested to look beyond the QB at the deeper lying issues.

our owner sucks. he hired a yes man GM,  who ignored problems that were apparent to quite literally everyone, a jackoff HC who is completely lost, an OC who has proven time and time again to be... you know what no. no.

I'm just done. I'm not arguing any more. I'm done. When we see how Cam plays wthout a plethora of other issues dripping down straight from the top onto his shoulders, THATS when I will start critiquing Cam. until then, I will continue to marvel at how well he plays despite all these franchise killing issues holding him down

#36 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

HUDDLER

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Where were you two weeks ago? I suggest you go back there

The Giants game? The winless terrible Giants. Its no big deal to whip up on a winless team. Sure if we played them 16 games but we don't.