Photo
- - - - -

I have never once said anything negative about Cam Newton, but...

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#121 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Cam did a lot of standing around in a crowded pocket. He never seemed like he wanted to run today. It was like having an inaccurate version of Drew Bledsoe at qb.

#122 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hey guys...if Cam had an all pro OL and 3 all-pro WR's, he would be a winning QB.

Guy can't read a defense...can't quickly go through his progressions...and makes questionable decisions. In short, he is lacking in the mental aspects of the game.

I watched one instance where he went through his progressions perfectly, put it in his WR's numbers, and LaFell just dropped it. Arizona gets the ball and we score no points.

Cam's good but not great. He will need a system that puts him in the best position,and a little more offensive help. He'll probably never be the magical "Elite" QB everyone wants, but it's very likely he could win ballgames with a system that takes advantages of his strengths.

Just because he can't overcome perhaps the worst overall coaching in the NFL doesn't mean you throw him away. QB's are too hard to find.

#123 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,475 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

I'm still waiting on one of these people who keep casually throwing out absurd statements like "Cam can't read defenses" to provide proof. Surely if this is actually the case, there should be an abundance of irrefutable evidence out there for them to enlighten us with.

#124 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Good quarterbacks win anyway, especially when all we needed was 13 points. Good quarterbacks can will teams that are struggling to 13 points, when playing against opposing QBs that throw 3 picks.

Really? what QB have done that so far this year? You watch too many made for tv sports movies. "...I don't want your life". Lol

#125 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

LOL...I personally like Romo and hope Cam can become that. I love Cam and want him to be the best, but I have never seen a QB hold the ball for so long.

Then you don't watch football because Cam isn't even 1st in that category

#126 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Then you don't watch football because Cam isn't even 1st in that category

Who worse,,of legit QB's

#127 TonyN

TonyN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

It is hard to imagine how people cannot see how badly Newton sucked in the second half.

#128 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

This team could certainly use a better fan-base. I hear LA's looking for a team to root for.

#129 Frosty06306

Frosty06306

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Receivers had trouble getting open, catching. Arizona brought tons of inside pressure limiting the holes that Cam ordinarily squeaks through when the play breaks down, and the pocket collapsed around him constantly. Today is not the right day to make this claim.

#130 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,351 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

yeah i'm also waiting on this proof cam can't read defensive or that he stares down receivers.......some of you guys are just like the media, lurk in the darkness waiting on cam to make a mistake, it's pathetic get a grip, he had a bad game so now we trade him aye............bullpoo when he starts playing like shuab or ponder then we'll talk. it doesn't take a brain scientist to see we need a better o line, or play-calling needs to be adjusted to fit the o line along with cam and the lack of real talent at the wr position, for you guys who are ready to give up on Cam let i remind you that Eli wasn't great before his first ring, neither brees.

#131 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

Cam doesn't need to be traded or replaced...just coached up..I guess he would need a real coach for that...Poor Cam, he is fuged.

#132 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,475 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

Every time Cam struggles, it's the same clowns who show up beating the same tired drum.

When he doesn't struggle? Crickets. They are nowhere to be found.

People out there want him to fail. It is appalling, but a sad truth.

#133 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Every time Cam struggles, it's same clowns who show up beating the same tired drum.

When he doesn't struggle? Crickets. They are nowhere to be found.

People out there want him to fail. It is appalling, but a sad truth.

To be honest...even after 38-0 I still offered a critique of Cam.....AND OTHER PLAYERS...the fact is you only respond to those who speak negatively of anything Cam does..why is this?

#134 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,475 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

To be honest...even after 38-0 I still offered a critique of Cam.....AND OTHER PLAYERS...the fact is you only respond to those who speak negatively of anything Cam does..why is this?

Aren't you the same guy who sent me a PM because you got your feelings hurt?

Keep it to yourself buddy.

#135 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Aren't you the same guy who sent me a PM because you got your feelings hurt?

Keep it to yourself buddy.

Nah it was because you got butt hurt about a joke..and tried to label me as a fuging racist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com