Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2014 Head Coaching Search / Candidate Thread

149 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Gruden already said he wants to coach cam. Last offseason he said he had a staff and playbook in place for cam and the panthers...Richardson didn't pick up the phone.

Posted · Report post

And how is Chip Kelly doing?

Just say no to Sumlin

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Different types of offense buddy. 

Also, how did Bill do in his first season? 

Posted · Report post

How is today Rivera's fault?

Did you not see the game? They're called adjustments. Rivera and Shula were clueless in dealing with the blitzes.

Posted · Report post

Everyone thought I was crazy in the offseason when I said I'd fire Ron Rivera right now to hire Andy Reid.  Everyone had visions of Chip Kelly dancing in their heads.  What say y'all now?

Get back at me when Reid wins a SB. 

He had plenty of time in Phi. 

Posted · Report post

Do not understand this obsession with Sumlin. His offense, to me, isn't that special

This.  Dude captured lightning in a bottle with Johnny Football.  They looked like shit against Rice in the 1st half without him.

Posted · Report post

This.  Dude captured lightning in a bottle with Johnny Football.  They looked like poo against Rice in the 1st half without him.

You realize he coached at other schools besides Texas A&M?!?

Clueless much?

Posted · Report post

Get back at me when Reid wins a SB. 

He had plenty of time in Phi. 

Mighty cocky talk from a Panthers fan.  We haven't made the playoffs since '05.  We should probably focus on getting there before we talk Super Bowls.  JR isn't ponying up the cash for a coach with a SB ring or a hot prospect like Kelly or Harbaugh.  When we can Rivera, we'll probably replace him with another Rivera - another 1st time head coach who is just happy to have the job because it's the only HC offer he's ever received or will ever receive.  We got lucky with Fox.

Posted · Report post

It just doesn't feel right if this kinda thread isn't started by Mr. Scot

Posted · Report post

You realize he coached at other schools besides Texas A&M?!?

Clueless much?

Yeah, because Houston is certainly comparable to the NFL, right?

I'm not saying he's a terrible coach.  He may turn out to have a long, successful career.  I'm just saying that at this point wanting to hand him a NFL head coaching job seems majorly premature.

Posted · Report post

Point being is that I would rather have someone with NFL experience.

And I know folks want to give up on defensive minded coached but I am not giving up on the idea because of one failed attempt in Rivera.

I could care less if they are offensive or defensive minded as long as they are successful.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Stupid thread is stupid. Rivera isn't the answer at HC it seems, and we seem to need a whole new regime. But some of the wish lists you guys have posted are beyond awful. 

You don't wanna take a lateral step, you wanna take a step forward. I don't want any college coaching personnel on this squad when we look to rebuild the staff unless their name is David Shaw but ITS NOT HAPPENING!

Hue Jackson woulda made an awesome HC for this team. On Hard Knocks this year you got to see in depth how he was as a coach. Players sure as hell would respect the commands of Hue Jackson, not laugh and walk away like they did with Rivera.

Posted · Report post

This. Dude captured lightning in a bottle with Johnny Football. They looked like poo against Rice in the 1st half without him.

He also had a QB that has rewritten the record books. His name isn't Manziel. It's Keenum.