Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robert Lester appears solid

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Of course it's still only a relatively small sample size, but I'm liking what I see out of this guy.  He may not be the fastest guy in the world, but he seems to always be in a position where he can make the play.

Anyone with more knowledge of the Safety position want to weigh in? 

I am just thankful that he was the first guy that we called. This is one move that G-man got right. Lester should only get better with more experience. 

7 people like this

Posted · Report post

I like Lester's fearlessness. I'm glad he got the chance to start. He appears to understand what an immense opportunity it is to start and shows it in his play - from what I could see.

Posted · Report post

I was happy with what I saw also!

Posted · Report post

He was definitely a bright spot today

Posted · Report post

one of few bright spots for sure

Posted · Report post

He has looked good. He took a hell of a bad angle on a run play in Q3 though. Think Ellington was the back.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He has looked good. He took a hell of a bad angle on a run play in Q3 though. Think Ellington was the back.

He cut inside instead of sealing the edge. Did the same exact thing with the David Wilson TD run.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

He has appeared very solid, but we're only two games in with this experiment. We'll see how he handles the following weeks.

Posted · Report post

He cut inside instead of sealing the edge. Did the same exact thing with the David Wilson TD run.

If I recall that's why he slipped out of the draft. The knock on him was taking bad angles.

Posted · Report post

If I recall that's why he slipped out of the draft. The knock on him was taking bad angles.

Athleticism as well.

Posted · Report post

He has two interceptions.  That is about all we know

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't call that a bad angle though. Lester just went inside the blocker and the runner went outside. It was a 50/50 play. If he goes outside the blocker Ellington cuts it up inside.

1 person likes this