Photo
- - - - -

With a new coaching staff....could Newton be Josh Freeman'ed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#25 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
Stop Making Threads...

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

Cam will never be a elite QB. I woukd trade him now, mark my words. In two years he will go the way of Josh Freeman and we will be kicking ourselves for not trading him when we had a chance. I have never seen a more bi polar, inconsistent QB in my life. How Cam can go from Peyton Manning to Jimmy Clausen in a matter of just 45 minutes blows my mind into oblivion. I dont know what Cam has done to be so loved and deemed untouchable around here. A NFL analyst said it best.. "Cam is not a NFL QB, he is simply a big man with a big arm throwing the football."

#26 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

I just think it's funny how we seem to have come full circle on Jake.

I am not we.

jake delhomme is the greatest qb to ever wear a panther uniform.

cam newton has the potential to be, but there's one thing about potential that people fail to recognize...it means you haven't done poo yet.

#27 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Cam will never be a elite QB. I woukd trade him now, mark my words. In two years he will go the way of Josh Freeman and we will be kicking ourselves for not trading him when we had a chance. I have never seen a more bi polar, inconsistent QB in my life. How Cam can go from Peyton Manning to Jimmy Clausen in a matter of just 45 minutes blows my mind into oblivion. I dont know what Cam has done to be so loved and deemed untouchable around here. A NFL analyst said it best.. "Cam is not a NFL QB, he is simply a big man with a big arm throwing the football."

You have no clue what you are speaking on

#28 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

If Cam goes elsewhere, we'll get it rubbed in our faces once again in terms of what a sorry organization we have in place.  Remember when John Fox was the root of all of our problems?  Just get a coach in here that has some balls they said.  Fox is a lousy coach they said.  How has his career gone since leaving Charlotte?  Hell, the guy took a The Golden Calf of Bristol coached team to the playoffs and actually won a road playoff game with that team.  If Cam left here, he'd find more success elsewhere and it would suck to watch.  I live in Denver and have to have it rubbed in my face constantly about what a joke of a franchise the Panthers are to have kicked John Fox to the curb.  I thought the Panthers needed a change from Fox, but it was actually the opposite - Fox needed a change from the Panthers.

Unfortunately, it's finally coming home to roost for me that the Panthers issues are bigger than any player or coach.  We have an organizational issue.  JR wants to mimic the Steelers organizationally, but we aren't even close.

#29 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

I've been saying all year he will be gone once the new coach arrives.

#30 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

I would hope that Gettleman has enough sense to hire a coach that has a plan for Cam.

#31 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

If Cam goes elsewhere, we'll get it rubbed in our faces once again in terms of what a sorry organization we have in place.  Remember when John Fox was the root of all of our problems?  Just get a coach in here that has some balls they said.  Fox is a lousy coach they said.  How has his career gone since leaving Charlotte?  Hell, the guy took a The Golden Calf of Bristol coached team to the playoffs and actually won a road playoff game with that team.  If Cam left here, he'd find more success elsewhere and it would suck to watch.  I live in Denver and have to have it rubbed in my face constantly about what a joke of a franchise the Panthers are to have kicked John Fox to the curb.  I thought the Panthers needed a change from Fox, but it was actually the opposite - Fox needed a change from the Panthers.

Unfortunately, it's finally coming home to roost for me that the Panthers issues are bigger than any player or coach.  We have an organizational issue.  JR wants to mimic the Steelers organizationally, but we aren't even close.

The playoff win was at home for Denver, but whatever, I agree with your point.  Fox was and still is a great coach.  For almost his entire tenure in Carolina he was considered one of the top head coaches in the NFL.  

Imitating will get you no where.  You need to innovate to be successful.  The Panthers always seem to be just a little bit behind the curve. 

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

I sure though about it yesterday.

#33 Shufdog

Shufdog

HUDDLER

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

I don't care if the new coaching staff puts Ronald Motherfuging McDonald at QB! I just want to win!!!

#34 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

It's a legitimate fear. Hopefully we don't hire a douche.

i think that's what it hinges on.

what is happening down in tampa is worst than anything i can remember seeing, tho. and not just with freeman...the whole team is going to be getting slammed for several things.

as bad and mismanaged as the panthers have been, i don't see it following tampa down that path.

#35 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

i think that's what it hinges on.

what is happening down in tampa is worst than anything i can remember seeing, tho. and not just with freeman...the whole team is going to be getting slammed for several things.

as bad and mismanaged as the panthers have been, i don't see it following tampa down that path.

As much as I hate The Bucs, what happened to them was abysmal. I cannot begin to imagine what this fanbase would be like if our new coach decided to oust Newton and Kuechly (Talib reference).

#36 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Yep, there was a lot of talk that Schiano wasn't respected in league circles due to his arrogance and pretty much just plain being an asshole.  Looks like that talk was right on the money.