Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you trade Cam Newton for Cleveland's 2 Number 1 picks?

135 posts in this topic

Posted

hey man can you take this down.  my brother shot himself and i really don't need to be reminded of it when i'm on here trying to talk about the panthers.  thanks.

i deleted the post.

i should have done it earlier.

sorry for your loss.

Posted

Goes back to what me and CRA were saying about this fan base not watching NFL football.

Welker was traded for a 2nd/7th round pick...hardly something a cast off would fetch.

Yep, I added Kyle Orton to my post too. Forgot that stellar HOF bound QB was slinging the rock in Denver as well....

1 person likes this

Posted

Yep, I added Kyle Orton to my post too. Forgot that stellar HOF bound QB was slinging the rock in Denver as well....

Welker had similar HOF QBs tossing him the rock in Miami....a broken down Culpepper and Joey Harrington....

Welker was always a great return man as well

1 person likes this

Posted

So this is an actual rumor floating around Twitter?

Posted

i deleted the post.

i should have done it earlier.

sorry for your loss.

thanks man.

Posted

So this is an actual rumor floating around Twitter?

Where did you get that idea from?

Posted

Eric Decker had 600 yards and 8 TDs with Kyle Orton & The Golden Calf of Bristol throwing him the ball in 2011, but lets not let facts get in the way of a good narrative....

Sounds kinda like Brandon LaFell kinda numbers...well save for the 4 less TDs.  Also, Welker had Brandon LaFell type numbers in Miami.  My point is, an average receiver becomes great with a great QB.  A WR like LaFell with Cam has still been...average.  

Posted

Where did you get that idea from?

From Twitter...

Posted

From Twitter...

Who though? post something if you have it....

Posted

Cam is one of the reasons why we are even keeping up in most of these games.

Cam is not a pocket guy. He needs 12+ designed runs a game. We need to move him out in space and we need to start implementing more hurry up/10-15 yard routes. These 20-25+ routes aren't working...not with this OLine

Rivera/Shula need to wake the F up and realize who they have at QB. He's 250 lbs. He gets better as he runs and moves the chains.

And that's the bottom line. Stone cold ET says so

2 people like this

Posted

Who though? post something if you have it....

I'm not implying that it's coming from a legitimate source, but apparently it was a topic on Cleveland talk radio this morning. 

Joshua☜☆☞VVatson™ ‏@JoshuaVVatson

On the Cleveland sports Radio talk this morning, they're are talking about the Browns (2) 1st round draft picks for Cam Newton!!? #IMALLIN

Antwaan Randle-Check ‏@_Moncheck_

These rumors of Cam Newton coming to the browns is exciting me

Branman @Branmancanjam

Rumor floating around about #Browns trading both 1st rounders next year for Cam Newton. I'm in a glass cage of emotion.

I guess that's where the OP got the notion.