Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you trade Cam Newton for Cleveland's 2 Number 1 picks?

135 posts in this topic

Posted

His brother says Hello from Denver.

Do you really need me to remind you of the age difference and injury history in there?

Come on.  Present your idea in 5 years after Eli has been seriously injured and let's talk.

Posted

Honestly, if I'm DG, yes, you make that trade.

You would likely have two top 10's and a 25-28 or so pick.

If you are bringing in a new HC and full coaching staff, that is a lot to work with after blowing this roster up.

That said, will never, ever happen.

I'd agree that you have to consider an offer like that, even if you ultimately don't take it.

Me? I'd probably trade my mother for two first round picks (God rest her soul) but given that the Broncos got more than that for Cutler, Gettleman could be wise to be greedy.

To be clear though, you only do this if you have come to believe Newton is not the franchise QB you thought he was.

So that becomes the heart of the question: Do you believe that or not?

Posted

Anyone saying they would take that trade at this point in time is the exact reason why this franchise is unsuccessful.

With a mindset like this, we never will be either.

Posted

I would take that deal in a heart beat, lets go where do i sign??

Posted

I'd agree that you have to consider an offer like that, even if you ultimately don't take it.

Me? I'd probably trade my mother for two first round picks (God rest her soul) but given that the Broncos got more than that for Cutler, Gettleman could be wise to be greedy.

To be clear though, you only do this if you have come to believe Newton is not the franchise QB you thought he was.

So that becomes the heart of the question: Do you believe that or not?

If your head coach/QB combo is 2-14 in games decided by 7 points or less that goes beyond the coach.  Rivera's not out there with the ball in his hands.  Cam Newton has not shown he's a clutch QB and may never be.  So if you've got a chance to get a huge return for him now before he ultimately gets Josh Freeman'ed, then yes you take that offer.  

Posted

I'd like to see Cam with a competent coaching staff. If we hire one and he's still struggling I'll help pack his bags.

if we hired one, and he still struggled.... nobody else would give much for him...

Posted

Wouldn't that be 3 number 1 picks?

Good god that's a hard thing to refuse I'm sorry

Posted

If your head coach/QB combo is 2-14 in games decided by 7 points or less that goes beyond the coach.  Rivera's not out there with the ball in his hands.  Cam Newton has not shown he's a clutch QB and may never be.  So if you've got a chance to get a huge return for him now before he ultimately gets Josh Freeman'ed, then yes you take that offer.  

if you actually break down those 16 games, you would realize how many of them Cam actually gave us a lead in the 4th quarter only to have it lost by the defense.  Teeray had an awesome post detailing this, and I feel like he should update it and we should get it stickied so we can refer back to it.

Posted

Do you really need me to remind you of the age difference and injury history in there?

Come on.  Present your idea in 5 years after Eli has been seriously injured and let's talk.

No I took the age difference and injury history into account when I made that statement.

Posted

With a QB rich draft like this year, I would take the two #1 picks in a heartbeat.

Posted

Wouldn't that be 3 number 1 picks?

Good god that's a hard thing to refuse I'm sorry

i agree and i love me some Cam

but 3 picks could mean: 

#1 qb

#1 Lt

#1 Wr

Wow

Posted

chud doesn't love cam.

chud loves chud.

Chud has a team with far less talent & has won 3 games with crappy QBs...no matter in jest or not...I'd rather have Chud & his staff instead of this anemic coaching staff.