Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you trade Cam Newton for Cleveland's 2 Number 1 picks?

135 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If everyone thinks your no good....maybe, just maybe, instead of saying the world is wrong it could be that they are correct. I'm not saying Cam is no good but I'm a Panthers fan so my opinion is biased.

Posted · Report post

If everyone thinks your no good....maybe, just maybe, instead of saying the world is wrong it could be that they are correct. I'm not saying Cam is no good but I'm a Panthers fan so my opinion is biased.

Define "everyone". A couple mouth breathers on the Carolina Huddle don't count either.

Posted · Report post

yes, no brainer

Posted · Report post

Define "everyone". A couple mouth breathers on the Carolina Huddle don't count either.

Jesus Christ guy, do you watch or read anything in the sports world related to Cam. No one is singing his praises. Most analysts and sports writers think he is way below all the other young QBs starting in the league. While I don't agree with the bulk of what's said I do see his flaws. Its idiotic to ignore 90% of "experts" who see him as not that good. I'm biased as I'm looking every game for a silver lining and giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not a Cam hater or nut hugger. Bottom line is he is not leading this team to being better since he has been here. He is the face of the franchise so he is the guy that takes most of the heat...warranted or not.

Posted · Report post

Jesus Christ guy, do you watch or read anything in the sports world related to Cam. No one is singing his praises. Most analysts and sports writers think he is way below all the other young QBs starting in the league. While I don't agree with the bulk of what's said I do see his flaws. Its idiotic to ignore 90% of "experts" who see him as not that good. I'm biased as I'm looking every game for a silver lining and giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not a Cam hater or nut hugger. Bottom line is he is not leading this team to being better since he has been here. He is the face of the franchise so he is the guy that takes most of the heat...warranted or not.

Lmao who are these "experts" you are referring to? The hacks at ESPN that barely know more than a few of our players names? Pffft...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Looking at the draft there is only 2 viable QB's to replace Cam if we did the trade.  Bridgewater and Boyd.  Johnny Football isn't better than Cam.  Not saying Boyd and Bridgewater is better but closer Cam.  So if we did do the trade we would need to spend 1 pick on them if they are available.  We would have 2 picks left in the first.  1 would defiantly be for a OT maybe even both on OT.  With this trade we could almost shore up our OLine for years to come and possibly get a Qb that is as good as Cam.  This would be a great trade for us for the future of the team.

The risk are there too.  Either Bridgewater or Boyd are not there when we first draft.  Or they are both big bust. But still would do the trade if offered.

Posted · Report post

If objectivity was a requirement to be a sports fan. there proly wouldn't be any sports fans.

Posted · Report post

In a hear beat!

Posted · Report post

Jesus Christ guy, do you watch or read anything in the sports world related to Cam. No one is singing his praises. Most analysts and sports writers think he is way below all the other young QBs starting in the league.

There's a few reasons for that, none of them have to do with actually analyzing.

Posted · Report post

I would trade anyone in the league for two first rounders.  The only two guys that might make me rethink that are old and so youth alone makes the "anyone for two first rounders" a clean sweep no question.

I would take one 1st rounder for Cam right now as long as the pick was in the top 5.  No hesitation.  I like him.  I think he's cool. When he's hot he's smokin'.  There is just something missing.   Something I don't think JR is willing to spend enough money to fix so, logic says cut him loose and wish him well.

hate me if you want.. its not about Cam, its about the Panthers.  

Posted · Report post

There's a few reasons for that, none of them have to do with actually analyzing.

what "reasons" are you talking about?