Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Would you trade Cam Newton for Cleveland's 2 Number 1 picks?

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#61 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,512 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

I don't see Cleveland offering the 2 #1's, but I most certainly would, then I'd try(and likely fail) to parlay that into getting Eli Manning and Hakeem Nicks out of  New York. 

At 1-3 you are forced to think way outside the box...

hahah Eli Manning being traded are you fuging kidding me

I swear Madden has destroyed people's brains.  lol trading Eli Manning...

#62 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Easily. Would allow us to draft Hundley, Matthews, and a WR. Too bad CLE would never offer that. 

Well, Cleveland can keep all of that and win the next 10 superbowls. Cam stays.

#63 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

NO.

#64 bigmanstew

bigmanstew

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

hahah Eli Manning being traded are you fuging kidding me

I swear Madden has destroyed people's brains.  lol trading Eli Manning...

No it's not likely. Not likely at all, but Nobody saw Trent Richardson getting moved either.  I haven't played Madden in years.  Half the Giants fans(idiots) want him gone, half want a new coach/oc/etc....  Like I said.. way outside the box.

#65 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

No it's not likely. Not likely at all, but Nobody saw Trent Richardson getting moved either.  I haven't played Madden in years.  Half the Giants fans(idiots) want him gone, half want a new coach/oc/etc....  Like I said.. way outside the box.

Writing was on the wall for Trent as soon as Chud took over. I thought it would take another year, but never expected Chud to keep Trent long term...

#66 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Even if the Giants got a new coach, they wouldn't trade Eli.  He won them 2 Superbowls.  You don't ditch a QB like that.

#67 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Sounds kinda like Brandon LaFell kinda numbers...well save for the 4 less TDs.  Also, Welker had Brandon LaFell type numbers in Miami.  My point is, an average receiver becomes great with a great QB.  A WR like LaFell with Cam has still been...average.  

Well, we don't dink&dunk in carolina. those 4 yard route can do wonder for a little fella who can take a hit. That boy's gonna feel those hit a few years after retirement though.

#68 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Well, we don't dink&dunk in carolina. those 4 yard route can do wonder for a little fella who can take a hit. That boy's gonna feel those hit a few years after retirement though.

And that, ladies and gentleman, is why these guys get paid millions of dollars. 

#69 restNChrist

restNChrist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

i would need at least 5 first rounds for cam.

this isn't a matter of cam being worth 5 first rounders, it's a matter of that's what we would need to improve with a new qb. if you think a rookie qb (bridgewater, for example, as he is a stud and best qb in the class) could come in and ball out with our supporting cast you are out of your mind.

point is no QB outside of the big 3 (brady, manning, rodgers) would be successful in our offense. that is a result of our lack of talent and terrible scheme.

I would add Brees

#70 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,156 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

Honestly, if I'm DG, yes, you make that trade.

You would likely have two top 10's and a 25-28 or so pick.

If you are bringing in a new HC and full coaching staff, that is a lot to work with after blowing this roster up.

That said, will never, ever happen.

#71 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Writing was on the wall for Trent as soon as Chud took over. I thought it would take another year, but never expected Chud to keep Trent long term...

Considering how low a value the running back position has become in the pass oriented NFL of today, the Browns made out like bandits getting a 1st round pick in return for Richardson.  Drafting a RB #3 overall is such a bad move considering you can get Trent Richardson's production from a running back drafted much later.  Watching the red zone channel yesterday, I was amazed at how many teams blindly throw the ball on every down.  The craziest of which was the Jacksonville Jaguars...who had the ball at the freaking goal line at least 3-4 times, and never ONCE ran the ball with Maurice Jones-Drew.  It was as if they wanted to lose.  

#72 bigmanstew

bigmanstew

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

Even if the Giants got a new coach, they wouldn't trade Eli.  He won them 2 Superbowls.  You don't ditch a QB like that.

His brother says Hello from Denver.

#73 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

His brother says Hello from Denver.

Do you really need me to remind you of the age difference and injury history in there?

Come on.  Present your idea in 5 years after Eli has been seriously injured and let's talk.

#74 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,935 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Honestly, if I'm DG, yes, you make that trade.

You would likely have two top 10's and a 25-28 or so pick.

If you are bringing in a new HC and full coaching staff, that is a lot to work with after blowing this roster up.

That said, will never, ever happen.

I'd agree that you have to consider an offer like that, even if you ultimately don't take it.

Me? I'd probably trade my mother for two first round picks (God rest her soul) but given that the Broncos got more than that for Cutler, Gettleman could be wise to be greedy.

To be clear though, you only do this if you have come to believe Newton is not the franchise QB you thought he was.

So that becomes the heart of the question: Do you believe that or not?

#75 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

Anyone saying they would take that trade at this point in time is the exact reason why this franchise is unsuccessful.

With a mindset like this, we never will be either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com