Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Would you trade Cam Newton for Cleveland's 2 Number 1 picks?

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,863 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

You realize for this to work JR has to shell out big bucks for the following:

How long do you think something like this will take?  Do any of you actually think this is even possible?

And the kicker... considering that even half of this is feasible in the short run who among you actually believe Jerry Richardson is ever gonna even attempt to make a splash this big?

You people just say things that you want or think we need without even considering what it means.     

Wow did you ever just move the goal posts... I never said rebuilding was easy, of course it'd take time and effort.

Your post was trading away young, proven players for first round draft picks on a one to one basis.  It was ridiculous and seemed predicated on the idea you could replace them easily. What you are basically saying is that you could easily replace the production of Keek or Cam with a first rounder.  That's retarded.  You're wrong.  If you get lucky, you might get more production, but you are MORE likely to get less.  QBs are very often hit or miss in the first round.

Do you really think it'd take us so long to rebuild that a second or third year player will be too old to be useful by the time it's done??

I don't even know what you are getting at

#122 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Today, yes I would.

#123 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

Wow did you ever just move the goal posts... I never said rebuilding was easy, of course it'd take time and effort.

Your post was trading away young, proven players for first round draft picks on a one to one basis.  It was ridiculous and seemed predicated on the idea you could replace them easily. What you are basically saying is that you could easily replace the production of Keek or Cam with a first rounder.  That's retarded.  You're wrong.  If you get lucky, you might get more production, but you are MORE likely to get less.  QBs are very often hit or miss in the first round.

Do you really think it'd take us so long to rebuild that a second or third year player will be too old to be useful by the time it's done??

I don't even know what you are getting at

wow do you need to read my post again... time and effort be damned, how many dollar signs do I need to put in there???

I would trade any one player in the league for two first rounders and I would trade Cam for a top 5 right now without the slightest hesitation.

why?

I explained it.  we would get a redo on one piece as opposed to blowing up the entire team, philosophy, staff, front office, etc to accommodate, no to HOPE we accommodate one player.

its not practical or reasonable.  Its also impossible considering our ownership, the fact that other teams (31 of them) are in the same arms race and are not going to just sit around while we cherry pick 6 probowlers in two years, and we are hamstrung with huge contracts that work against this Cam-friendly Carolina Panthers organization you people want to build.

He has the best stats of anyone Ive ever seen and can do things Ive never even thought were possible.. but he is not showing that he is worth building a team around.  If you cannot lead scrubs, how do you expect to lead stars?

#124 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,484 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

He has the best stats of anyone Ive ever seen and can do things Ive never even thought were possible.. but he is not showing that he is worth building a team around. If you cannot lead scrubs, how do you expect to lead stars?

Some guy who sits in his lazy boy recliner while eating cheetos on gamedays is going to talk about leading NFL players. LOL.

#125 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Some guy who sits in his lazy boy recliner while eating cheetos on gamedays is going to talk about leading NFL players. LOL.

cheetos?

good one dude.. cool story 

really got me there.  

that LOL was a tough sell but knowing you, I'm buyin'

#126 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,484 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

cheetos?

good one dude.. cool story

really got me there.

that LOL was a tough sell but knowing you, I'm buyin'

Maybe you could get an NFL team to pay you for your input, since you have so much wisdom on being an NFL QB and all.

#127 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Maybe you could get an NFL team to pay you for your input, since you have so much wisdom on being an NFL QB and all.

OK

thanks bro

#128 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Doesn't that pretty much describe the whole forum?

#129 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,484 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

Doesn't that pretty much describe the whole forum?

Not necessarily, but it doesn't make one sound like any less of a jackass either way. Nature of being a fan, some are worse than others.

#130 camtheone

camtheone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

No way....

#131 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,049 posts

Double

#132 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,049 posts

Two firsts, josh Gordon and joe Haden. Lol

#133 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

It's COACHING! There is nothing wrong with Cam Newton!!! If Jon Gruden was this teams coach Cam would be a superstar by now. I'd love to see that guy on our sideline. Maybe he could convince his brother Jay to come also. That's the package deal I'd like to see. Players don't have to love a coach but you better damn well respect Chucky. I don't think the guy would make the same mistakes he did in Tampa. I'd take a SB and a couple pissed off players anyday. The guy already loves this roster. We have a GM now though so that dream may not be possible but that would solve the biggest problem this team has. We have some great players but when everybody is dropping balls and missing assignments it points to COACHING.

If you design more runs for Cam you get the OLine run blocking a bit more than trying to pass protect. You have a very unique QB who can do that so why not put that extra pressure on defenses. The more Cam runs the better he plays. Defenses hate to have to account for a rushing QB. Give it to them! The cute shat isn't fooling anybody.

The answer is NO. I'd like to see Cam with the right coach. Will they get the right coach for him or find one at WalMart? Longtime Panther fans already know the answer :-(

#134 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

Kelvin Benjamin OROY

• HUDDLER
  • 3,852 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

NO.

#135 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,392 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Develop him more? LOL Rivera hasn't developed him at all. Ron has zero clue what to do with a quarterback or an offense.

This I agree on. Cam could really use a top notch QB coach and an OC that can implement a scheme for him. Then get him some competent receivers to throw to. Smitty is a few years past being a #1 guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com