Photo
- - - - -

Aaron Rodgers 2012. One of the most sacked QBs.. 108 QB rating and 39 TDs.

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,306 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

most elite quarterbacks make their receivers look good.

it's the reason why they seem to always have a good receiving corp.

This.

#17 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Cam is a slow decision maker. His pocket mobility is horrible, how many times do you see elite QB's spin in the pocket???, It's like he is doing the hokey pokey. See he starts out doing the right thing as a QB by clap, clap, clapping his hands. Then he gets a little messy, see the elite ones slide to the left, slide to the right, take it back now yall. If that doesn't work they turn it out.

#18 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,882 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Let's see, Nelson and Cobb with an offensive scheme that makes Rodgers get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds. Gee, that's a fair and knowledgeable comparison.

#19 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,724 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

Cam certainly deserves his share of the blame in these losses, but I would take Greg Jennings, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, and James Jones over our ramshackle group of receivers. Sometimes Cam holds the ball too long. Sometimes it's because nobody is open anywhere down the field.

#20 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Let's see, Nelson and Cobb with an offensive scheme that makes Rodgers get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds. Gee, that's a fair and knowledgeable comparison.

i'm not so sure newton is capable of getting rid of the ball in under 2 seconds.

#21 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Rodgers runs a pass-heavy WCO offense predicated on getting the ball out quick. When that fails he gets sacked.

We run a Coryell vertical offense predicated on taking shots downfield and chunk plays. When that fails Cam gets sacked.

There, now you're not as dumb.

#22 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

most elite quarterbacks make their receivers look good.

it's the reason why they seem to always have a good receiving corp.

myth.

look at brady pre-moss/welker, with moss/welker and post-moss/welker.

reggie wayne, marvin harrison and dallas clark just weren't that good, huh? same with thomas, decker and welker?

every qb needs good receivers to put up big numbers.

#23 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,882 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

i'm not so sure newton is capable of getting rid of the ball in under 2 seconds.

We'll never know if we don't try because right now Cam has under 2 seconds on average to get rid of the ball or find an open receiver. We might as well try to compensate for our crappy pass protection like elite offenses do.

#24 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,356 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

i'm not so sure newton is capable of getting rid of the ball in under 2 seconds.

The plays yesterday that took 2 seconds to develop. Screen to Ginn (good gain), Screen to Deangelo (good gain), 3 yard pass to Tolbert (gain of 7 or 8). All these other young QB's are getting these type of play calls on a regular basis. Cam is constantly being asked to make a 20 yard pass. That 3rd down screen to Ginn was the first time Shula put Cam in a good position.

What you really should be thinking is that if Shula consistently capable of calling plays that call for Newton to get rid of the ball in 2 seconds.

#25 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,772 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Cam is the problem. Time will tell.

"cam is the problem" is an absolute statement

"time will tell" is a saying that denotes ambiguity, the opposite of an absolute statement

please learn basic things about how humans communicate and form linear thought processes before using your keyboard

#26 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,790 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Rodgers runs a pass-heavy WCO offense predicated on getting the ball out quick. When that fails he gets sacked.

We run a Coryell vertical offense predicated on taking shots downfield and chunk plays. When that fails Cam gets sacked.

There, now you're not as dumb.

i tell you it's shocking to me that people who insist that offensive lines and skill position players don't matter at all when it comes to a quarterback's performance seemingly don't know what a west coast offense even is

#27 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,405 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Oh look, more asinine comparisons.

"I wonder why this third year QB isn't yet as complete as an eight veteran or a thirteen year veteran. He must suck. Trade him."

#28 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

"cam is the problem" is an absolute statement

"time will tell" is a saying that denotes ambiguity, the opposite of an absolute statement

please learn basic things about how humans communicate and form linear thought processes before using your keyboard

Chuck was saying that he believed this absolute..time will tell was for you and those who may be on the fence.

#29 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,405 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

The only people "on the fence" about Cam, are mouth breathers.

#30 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

from rotoworld this morning:

Ryan Tannehill is on pace to be sacked 77 times this season, which would set an NFL record.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com