#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

Had to leave so I'm not watching much anymore, but just a random note on Kemba...

I've thought for a little bit that he could be one hell of a 6th man. If we end up with a PG in next year's draft, bring Kemba off the bench and just let Kemba be Kemba. Come in, be a scorer, and run around like he's back at UCONN. Almost be like a Jamaal Crawford/Nate Robinson type role where his mission is to come in and light it up. 

That's the type of player I really think he is: a 6th man off the bench.

#17 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,640 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

We're not gonna have to worry about sucking for a draft pick...

We still blow lol.

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

We're not gonna have to worry about sucking for a draft pick...

We still blow lol.

Sign me up.

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

How did Michael Kidd-Gilchrist do? I know he only score 3 points but I didnt want to based it off just from the stats sheet. Im hoping that he will show improvements this season or else he's going to  be looking like another bust for this franchise.

#20 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,029 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

I only saw a few minutes, but he looked good then bad to me. Slash to the basket, to miss a shot. Hustled on defense at least. Essentially, same looking guy so far.

He has to quit jump shooting FTs though

#21 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,640 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

MKG would be a great guy to have backing up Wiggins lol.

#22 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

Watched the whole game. And yet it's still pre season I agree we won't have to worry about draft picks. We are gonna be bad.

Al Jefferson looked good. Showed some low post moves I've never seen from any bobcat.

Kemba played ok. Made some turnovers but still played good.

Hendo was Hendo. Nothing great. Just himself

MKG still can't shoot obviously lol.

Jeff Taylor looked real good. And I wish he was starting over MKG but I realize u can't do that or you might as well trade him.

Ben Gordon lookes slimmer. He also missed atleast two wide Open players behind the arc. Quite selfish

Zeller played meh. Made quite a few bad passes and turnovers. But also made some nice plays offensively. Paul milsap was too much muscle for him down low. But still ok game from him.

Biyombo......... It is what it is lol.

Mcbob looked smooth.

Tolliver was aight.

Was fun to watch our new players together and see what could possibly be. I do not expect to be in the playoffs with this team though.

#23 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

you failed to mention anything about our leading scorer - Sessions

it's big that he's back.. he was so helpful in the 2nd half of games last year..

#24 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

first pre-season game with a new coach?  We almost won the game.  I didn't see it,

but it sounds a lot more encouraging to me than most of you guys are making it out to be.

#25 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,640 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

first pre-season game with a new coach? We almost won the game. I didn't see it,
but it sounds a lot more encouraging to me than most of you guys are making it out to be.

They were also playing without their best player in Al Horford and a decent bench player in Lou Williams.

#26 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

I mean I might sound pessimistic but I'm just being real.

It was the first pre season game. This game was to get a start on getting your legs and lungs back for gametime.

I mean they played in Asheville lol so that should tell ya.

And like he said before me it was against some lesser competition. They weren't loaded up.

But it was nice to see all our new pieces.

#27 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Maybe too early, but imo the only players worth keeping going into next season (2014) are Al Jefferson, Zeller, and Sessions.

I'm about ready to put the "bust" tags on MKG and Biz. And, I really do not believe that Kemba is the long term answer at PG. Also, Hendo is Hendo; nothing special.

Im not overreacting to the loss last night (I didnt see the game). Just my opinion.

#28 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Maybe too early, but imo the only players worth keeping going into next season (2014) are Al Jefferson, Zeller, and Sessions.

I'm about ready to put the "bust" tags on MKG and Biz. And, I really do not believe that Kemba is the long term answer at PG. Also, Hendo is Hendo; nothing special.

Im not overreacting to the loss last night (I didnt see the game). Just my opinion.

We'll I kinda agree with u about Bismack. His hands are terrible. He has zero offense. Can't dribble can't shoot. Hell he can barely dribble without fouling himself. I say we wait until Jefferson leaves until we make a decision on him long term. Hell two years from now he will still only be 22 years old. And should be atleast looking better.

MKG- I'm confused about this. One side of me wants to trade him and roll with a draft pick or using him to trade up for a high pick. The other part of me wants to wait with him too. But he has a terrible shot. Nobody plays D up on him bc nobody fears his shot. Therefore he can't really get around year players and get to the basket. So idk I really like him but I feel like we should move on.

Kemba is a keeper and def a bright spot on this team. Chuck I usually agree with players u say aren't that good. For example I've always disliked lafell. But Kemba has been the best player on the team. He is lightning quick and with zeller and Taylor and MKG running the floor that is def some speed.

I agree with u on Hendo. Wish we just would have moved on. Never have liked his game and play for us.

#29 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

We'll I kinda agree with u about Bismack. His hands are terrible. He has zero offense. Can't dribble can't shoot. Hell he can barely dribble without fouling himself. I say we wait until Jefferson leaves until we make a decision on him long term. Hell two years from now he will still only be 22 years old. And should be atleast looking better.

MKG- I'm confused about this. One side of me wants to trade him and roll with a draft pick or using him to trade up for a high pick. The other part of me wants to wait with him too. But he has a terrible shot. Nobody plays D up on him bc nobody fears his shot. Therefore he can't really get around year players and get to the basket. So idk I really like him but I feel like we should move on.

Kemba is a keeper and def a bright spot on this team. Chuck I usually agree with players u say aren't that good. For example I've always disliked lafell. But Kemba has been the best player on the team. He is lightning quick and with zeller and Taylor and MKG running the floor that is def some speed.

I agree with u on Hendo. Wish we just would have moved on. Never have liked his game and play for us.

I agree with what you said about MKG. If he doesnt show improvement on his shot early this season, I wish we'd be smart enough to try and move him before the trade deadline. It'd only be more difficult to try and make a trade with him during the days leading up to the draft next year. Love his energy and attitude but there's no way he will be able to be a key part on this team if he doesnt find a way to shoot the ball. I think he can be a better Kawhi Leonard if he can just get it all together at this point in time.

For Kemba, I always love the kid but I have no problem critiquing him. Fans seem to never want to say anything bad about a player on their favorite team. That's not me. I wish Kemba can just win me over, but he hasnt. This is the year to do so with the additions of two offensive bigs: Jefferson and Zeller and two years under his belt. There will be no more excuses. Kemba needs to be a consistent 3 point shooter. That will open up his game and he has to be able to pass the ball. If those two areas doesnt improve, I dont think he will ever be a top PG in this league. Atm, I think the best he'll ever be is just another role player on a good team like a George Hill or Mike Conley.

#30 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

MKG wasted pick once again. He will never be worth anything on offense. He is Stacy Augman at best. Should have drafted Barnes. Trade him while we can get anything for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users