Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If Perry Fewell is new coach I MIGHT be out

60 posts in this topic

Posted

I know I'm jumping the gun but we know Jerry loves DCs and Fewell and DG have connections. Neither seem like the type to want to make a flashy hire.

Posted

They better interview Kevin Sumlin and Greg Roman.

Posted

• New York Giants DC Perry Fewell: It would be surprising if one of Gettleman's first targets isn't Fewell. Before joining the Panthers, Gettleman spent 15 years with the Giants, who have had Fewell as their DC since 2010. Despite the woes we've seen from the Giants D this season, Fewell has a lot of respect on and off the field in the NFL and would probably be the most logical choice to replace Rivera.

I would prefer this guy..

• Washington Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan: So far this season, the Panthers D has looked good and most of the woes have come from the offense. Shanahan helped implement an offense that let Robert Griffin III explode on the scene in 2012. If Gettleman thinks that Shanahan could get Newton to become a consistent threat in that system, hiring the younger Shanny could be a smart move.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/

Posted

I never thought I'd say it, but I miss John Fox, Dan Henning, and Mike Trojovac. 

2 people like this

Posted

Seriously I love this team I live and breathe it but this might be the final straw. Apparently he'll be in the running

All I need to know is that a Mike Shula offense scored 38 pts on a Perry Fewell defense.

I repeat... a MIKE SHULA offense.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I'd be perrrty darn dejected if we get another DC but those are the only coaches we seem to go after.

There's some promising offensive minds in the league right now.  I hope we take a shot.  

Posted

I actually think Kyle Shanahan deserves a shot. If Perry becomes the coach I might just lose it

1 person likes this

Posted

Seriously I love this team I live and breathe it but this might be the final straw. Apparently he'll be in the running

BUT HE IS A LOCAL BOY!!

Posted

Omg if this is true....

Jerry being Jerry

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Lovie Smith and Kyle Shannahan Fewell most logical though

Kyle Shannahan with that system that cost RG3 a knee isn't gonna work for me. Not that my opinion matters.

Posted

Kyle Shannahan is at least young and hopefully he's learned his lesson with RG3. Besides Cam is way more sturdy than RGKnee. Griffin looks like a punter out there scrambling.

Posted

Fewell was in the running last time as well. With Gettleman here, this is my prediction. Gettleman will have his list of candidates, and it will come down to what JR wants to fork out, which will probably be less than now. No high profile coaches, and my bet is already on Fewell.