Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron RIvera presser at 2:30

82 posts in this topic

Posted

Any time now Ron.  What is he doing, packing up his office?

i really hope so

Posted

So to summarize: It is what it is, we picked a bad day to have a bad day. 

wrong coach, i wouldnt have laughed anyway for as many times as those two quotes have been used on here.

Posted

in terms of what this team needs right now, Coughlin is actually a pretty attractive candidate once he gets fired in NY. Perhaps not as a ten year hire, but if you're looking to address this what this team needs right now from a leader, Coughlin is a nice option for a four or five year period at the least.

If I were Coughlin, I'd retire once I was let go from the Giants.  He's in his late 60's and he's had a hell of a career.  HOF worthy.  Why come to this joke of a franchise to poo on the twilight of your career?

Posted

He's not the reason we lost yesterday, but you're right, don't think I've ever heard him say anything along the lines of letting his team down.

I will agree the players should hold most of the blame for yesterday, but you could just tell from his press conferences since the Giants game the kind of mood that was present at practice and preparation for the Cardinals' game. Sort of like a we have arrived, we are so good just watch type feel.

Oh, and not to mention the playcalling yesterday...the 2nd half was horrific. Arizona made adjustments as soon as we almost scored after the first drive. SMH. He has to go.

Posted

I'll be right there....

<toilet flushes>

1 person likes this

Posted

Any time now Ron.  What is he doing, packing up his office?

He researching how to answer the inevitable question about the HC search info.

Posted

2:42...nothing on the official site yet

Posted

If I were Coughlin, I'd retire once I was let go from the Giants.  He's in his late 60's and he's had a hell of a career.  HOF worthy.  Why come to this joke of a franchise to poo on the twilight of your career?

This.  The Giants should do him a solid and allow him to retire rather than firing him.  Let him go out on his terms.  Pay the man out his contract and thank him for the two rings.

2 people like this

Posted

"opportunities" lol

Posted

Welp, Steve just got thrown under the bus.

Posted

Players did a horrible job executing. They should be called on it. Coaches have them a game plan and if they executed it would have been up big at half

Rivera needs to accept coaches didn't help his players in the 2nd half.....

1 person likes this

Posted

Yep.  Tom Coughlin and his Giants are off to an awful start, but to his credit, he stood up there like a man yesterday and made every attempt to pile every last ounce of the blame on himself.

Much easier to do that when you have 2 SBs, are late in your career and aren't on the hotseat