Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Ron RIvera presser at 2:30

82 posts in this topic

Let me guess, we'll go 2-8 and then win 5 of our last 6 games... deja vu?

Not this year my friend. Sadly we are in the winnable part of our schedule. We don't string some wins together soon and we'll be drafting Clowney, which is more bad news or CN1

Disappointed that nobody asked why a bye week seems to be a disadvantage for this team...

Not this year my friend. Sadly we are in the winnable part of our schedule. We don't string some wins together soon and we'll be drafting Clowney, which is more bad news or CN1

FWIW, I don't blame Clowney for mailing it in... stupid rules cause him to risk everything so his NCAA pimp can squeeze a few more tricks out of him. 

2 people like this

FWIW, I don't blame Clowney for mailing it in... stupid rules cause him to risk everything so his NCAA pimp can squeeze a few more tricks out of him.

Except that in doing so, he's potentially costing himself millions.

A few years ago yes, but not anymore - rookie pay scale means that even if you slide you're honestly not giving up that much money and  he's put enough on tape and will show enough at the combine that he won't slide very far. 

Sure. But every single collegiate game he plays in could potentially cost him millions. He could quit school today and go top ten. He messes up his knee/back/neck badly enough and it could cost him his career.

It's a business and he's making business decisions. Most teams will understand that.

Yep. All you can really do is laugh at this point. I've turned my anger to humor.

And play some GTA. It soothens the soul

in terms of what this team needs right now, Coughlin is actually a pretty attractive candidate once he gets fired in NY. Perhaps not as a ten year hire, but if you're looking to address this what this team needs right now from a leader, Coughlin is a nice option for a four or five year period at the least.

Coughlin is a LONG term type option.....bc when he arrives somewhere people act he is Greg Schiano and hate his poo.

Rivera was not out there dropping passes, but he was not on the sideline making adjustments either.  I also think that he is going for it now on 4th down because he is afraid of the backlash.  At least Fox would stick to his philosophy.  Rivera is a wishy-washy mess.