Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

way too big of needs to go bpa

Gettleman doesn't believe in drafting For need.

His method is to fill immediate needs in free agency so that you have the freedom to draft BPA.

#77 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

You morons honestly believe it's that easy to sign stud linemen with the limited cap we have? LOL! Just stop. You're a fan who's simply questioning moves. Unless you're a GM, do the world a favor and keep your trap shut. Gettleman did the best he could with what was in our price range. It's called dumpster diving. If you believed G-Man was going to fix our issues in under a season then you were fudging delusional.

I may be late to the party, but can you help me out and tell me what stud offensive linemen there were out there that we could have/would have signed had we had scads of cap room available?  Maybe overspend for Jake Long?

#78 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,522 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

I may be late to the party, but can you help me out and tell me what stud offensive linemen there were out there that we could have/would have signed had we had scads of cap room available?  Maybe overspend for Jake Long?

According to dramatic and ungrateful fans, anybody out there is an upgrade over our current line. Oh trust me, they would have been happy with Jake Long... for about two seconds after realizing we overpaid him, he hasn't been living up to the contract and we can't sign anyone else because we spent our entire cap on one free agent.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

#79 Everfrost

Everfrost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationPanther Nation

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Geez.. another year. Hey no division games played yet. Maybe we can go 6 -0 in the division. Keep pounding

maybe cause the falcons look like crap right now.

#80 camtheone

camtheone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

maybe cause the falcons look like crap right now.

Just need the Aints to start a losing streak and us a winning streak for the first time in forever....

#81 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

According to dramatic and ungrateful fans, anybody out there is an upgrade over our current line. Oh trust me, they would have been happy with Jake Long... for about two seconds after realizing we overpaid him, he hasn't been living up to the contract and we can't sign anyone else because we spent our entire cap on one free agent.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

As far as the line is concerned, I think that Gettleman IS right.  The answer probably is on the roster.  What we need there is better execution, which goes to the head coach getting the players properly inspired to play at their highest level, every down.  Right now the team as a whole is sloppy and lacks focus, which is all on RR.

With Kalil and Gross (who's still better than a lot of LTs out there), we've got the two most critical and difficult to fill positions covered.  As far as protection is concerned, getting the others to play well together should be the biggest area of focus. I don't know if there's another unit in football where the total can be so much greater than the sum of it's parts.

#82 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,142 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

fug rivera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.