Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Browns asking for 2nd round pick for Gordon

83 posts in this topic

Posted

From raw ability alone, I think he is worth a second. Of course the possible suspension is a cause for concern, but Gordon has the potential to be a great. And, I mean great.

Posted

Just one time in your lives Carolina Panthers be that team that makes the bold fuging move...go get the guy who can instantly be the best WR on the roster who is an absolute baller that would only make Ginn and Smitty better and make our recieving corps really good immedietely.

Cam did hold on to the ball a long time (but definitely not on his first drive when he looked great), but if he had some guys open maybe he would have gotten rid of it sooner.

Gordon is big time ON the field. Off the field he smokes some bud...who cares, hes learned his lesson, drink a gallon of water and cranberry juice before the piss tests.

1 person likes this

Posted

Id do it. Wouldn't hesitate. We drafted damn Amini in the 2nd. This staff will probably waste the damn pick anyway.

Well, to be fair, we don't have a large enough sample of DG's picking prowess yet, & if we have to go by this year he did damn well.

Having said that, I'd be ok with a 4th & Lafell/Edwards/Dixon.

Having said that, I don't see JR wanting someone with those issues.

Posted

Just one time in your lives Carolina Panthers be that team that makes the bold fuging move...go get the guy who can instantly be the best WR on the roster who is an absolute baller that would only make Ginn and Smitty better and make our recieving corps really good immedietely.

Cam did hold on to the ball a long time (but definitely not on his first drive when he looked great), but if he had some guys open maybe he would have gotten rid of it sooner.

Gordon is big time ON the field. Off the field he smokes some bud...who cares, hes learned his lesson, drink a gallon of water and cranberry juice before the piss tests.

This. As a gm you see the offense is struggling go out and help your young qb.

Posted

Well, to be fair, we don't have a large enough sample of DG's picking prowess yet, & if we have to go by this year he did damn well.

Having said that, I'd be ok with a 4th & Lafell/Edwards/Dixon.

Having said that, I don't see JR wanting someone with those issues.

Which is why this team will never win. You can't have a team full of choir boys.

Posted

Let's see, a 2nd round pick for a Julio Jones/AJ Green type of WR... ummm, yes?

1 person likes this

Posted

I think that you're confusing him with Kenny Britt.

Yeah, that's it.  Thanks!

So is my memory failing me again in that he served an NFL suspension?

Posted

Just a comment

i wish we stop judging whether we should grab a player because of off-field issues

Take a look around. This team is ass. Its about winning and getting the guys that can win. NE take guys with problems and they blossom. So that is sooo not an excuse and a terrible excuse at that 

1 person likes this

Posted

I think Gordon can be as good as anyone. Sure his numbers may not jump at you but with Weeden as your QB how could they. I'd make this trade in a heartbeat.

Say we draft OL in the first round, I don't think you'll find a reciever in the second better than Gordon.

Posted

Gordon is NOT a player I'd look to make a long term investment in. Too many issues. A 2nd is simply too much.

Posted

Where is the link for this trade offer?  I haven't heard of the Browns offering him.

He's their best offensive player.., I haven't looked anything up, but I doubt he is on the block.

BTW, Gordon is a legit #1WR.  If they would take an late 2nd (us trading down) or an early 3rd, we would be stupid not to go for it. 

The knock on him is he is a pot head & in mid phase of the drug protocol, so I think he would be out a year if busted again...again...this is without looking it up...so take with a grain of salt.

Posted

Yeah, that's it.  Thanks!

So is my memory failing me again in that he served an NFL suspension?

No, he has.  He one blown test from a 1 year suspension which is what makes him available and dangerous to trade for.

He's talented, but I don't know that our lovable little dumpster fire is the best place for him to straighten things out.

1 person likes this