Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koolkatluke

Since some are turning on Cam I have 4 question for you.

so again my question is qb the only reason they are losing? when did football become mens tennis? do those qbs play by themselves? you admit in your own post that some of those qbs TEAMS won with them playing bad. how come this doesnt apply to cam newton?  

The line between winning and losing is fine.  If Peyton Manning were our QB, would we be 1-3?  No.  He had a worse defense in Indy and he has a terrible OL right now. 

Since Cam has not won since arriving, it would be an appropriate position for you to consider the fact that he could be part of the problem and not everyone except him.

But you are right.  If you gave him a pro bowl line, Larry Fitz, Calvin, and Jimmy Graham,  he would be better.  

so let me get this straight. your stance is to say cam newton sucks as some sort of "truth", so that if he fails you can say you said so and if you were wrong then you could "win" ?

yea dude

you nailed it

thats my agenda.  to be "right" among a bunch of anonymous Forum nit wits.

i feel so exposed

But you are right.  If you gave him a pro bowl line, Larry Fitz, Calvin, and Jimmy Graham,  he would be better.  

hell yeahs

lets go get those guys

who wouldn't be better?

1. He also played with 2 HOF Wr a 4x pro bowl TE and a 3x pro bowl RB. And his OLine was bad.

2. With a defense that scored a Td's and cause TO every game. So try again??

3. Again nobody says Cam is free from blame just not most of it.

Those 2 HOF WRs might not have been if he were not the qb.  He also won after Marvin left with some undrafted players that he made special. Same with the TE, who struggled when leaving Indy.  The OL sucked.  Polian calls it the reason he was fired.

I do not know what #2 means.  That defense was the reason he was in a shootout every week.

I agree with #3.  I want Cam to succeed. I just get tired of people who go apesh*t any time anyone questions him.

Hilton was a rookie that was drafted alongside Luck.  Comparing him to Ginn is ridiculous.  If you want to build around a young QB, you either draft talent to develop with him, or you bring in a proven veteran, not a good PR/KR that has failed at receiver everywhere he has been...

You asked what additions the Colts made, how they built around Luck, not how our teams compared offensively.  The Colts have continually built around Luck since drafting him, realizing how important he was for their future.

Hilton is turning out to be a good receiver.  We know that now.  Yet when he was drafted, I doubt Colts fans were jumping up and down saying they have their new star receiver or anything like that.  It could be that Luck is having a hand in making Hilton a good receiver.  I don't even think the Colts organization thought Hilton was going to be a star receiver.  I believe they primarily wanted him to be a PR and third receiving option.  If we are saying Hilton is going to be a star receiver, that part just happened.  So I wouldn't say they brought in Hilton as a move to build around Luck.  (Though you can and have made the case for those tight ends)

Yet all in all, in terms of talent the Colts have to work with, it's not much different than what we have to work with. (This comparison was more in response to that first statement I quoted of yours where you said the Colts, Dolphins, and Browns made moves for their QBs or teams.  Yet I say the Panthers are about even on offense with the Colts.)

Their first year they didn't have much impact. Fleener is now getting more action because Dwayne is gone for the year I believe. Ultimately however, I don't think these guys are making great impact on the Colts as major weapons just yet. Richardson isn't doing much, and TY Hilton was a nobody who is now coming up. I do think, this is just me, when I look at the Colts offense, it's not that much better than the Panthers offense. We got runners, we got a good catching tight end, and we got a old vet receiver just like the Colts surrounded by a bunch of young guys.

The overall point is that we haven't added significant pieces to help aid Cam on offense. Colts drafted two talented TEs and traded for a workhorse RB. They also brought in Luck's OC from Stanford I believe as well. Just putting Luck in a good position to succeed

While we ask Cam to put the entire offense on his back.

The line between winning and losing is fine.  If Peyton Manning were our QB, would we be 1-3?  No.  He had a worse defense in Indy and he has a terrible OL right now. 

Since Cam has not won since arriving, it would be an appropriate position for you to consider the fact that he could be part of the problem and not everyone except him.

so because we cant get him the nfc probowl line up on offense, he should get nothing? 

have you looked at our drafts and fa periods? 

MHS and carolinarolls in one thread. My eyes bleed...

save your eyes bro

I'm certain no one would mind if you, say, left.  It's not like you ever offer anything intelligent. You only attack people that don't worship Cam Newton as if he was the Messiah.  Nobody will miss that TheRed.  Nobody at all.

MHS and carolinarolls in one thread. My eyes bleed...

Quit calling people out all the time, Red.  You should not be offended when people have a different opinion than yours.  Why would anyone post such a dumbass statement anyway?  Think it if you want to, but lets not go full punk again,  And that eye thing can be arranged.

so because we cant get him the nfc probowl line up on offense, he should get nothing? 

have you looked at our drafts and fa periods? 

2-14 in games less than a TD.  That is what we say about Rivera.  it is also true about Cam.  If the line and WRs are good enough to get us into the fourth quarter with a lead, then why are we not good enough to win?

Think about that.  In one breath you blame the coach for this because he is the leader and he makes bad decisions, but then you say the leader who makes decisions on the field is flawed by those around him.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Alex stump