Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 London games in 2014

54 posts in this topic

Posted

I think that's sort of the point!

Whats the point?

Posted

Whats the point?

A team that sells out week in week out isn't going to give up a home game.

A team like the Jags are more willing because they know Brits are that desperate to see an NFL game they'll watch anyone and it'll sell out, everyone's a winner.

Posted

Is anyone besides me completely confused by the fact that the Jags continue to be picked to represent the nfl in London.

They cant even sell out games in their hometown.

Shad Khan volunteered the Jags after the Rams pulled out of their multi year agreement.

We play Detroit next year....think we could luck out and pull them or the Falcons the week after they go to London?

Teams that go to London have their bye the week after they play there.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ahaha Failclowns

I live in Atlanta. All day the sports radio has been boo-hooing about it!

Love listening to hopeless atl fans

Posted

Teams that go to London have their bye the week after they play there.

I did not know that. Thanks for telling me!

Posted

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/27/nfl-could-play-eight-games-with-different-teams-in-london-wont-expand/

Peter King of TheMMQB.com reported during Football Night in America that the league could play a full slate of eight games in England, with different teams playing in each game.  Every team would play in London at least once every three years.

DO NOT WANT

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't heard of a single player, analyst, fan, or commentator that thinks this whole London thing is a good idea yet they push ahead with the idea.

1 person likes this

Posted

I really don't understand why the league doesn't play a game in Mexico City. 

Huge population, spreads the popularity of the sport to latin america, much easier trip.

1 person likes this

Posted

curious why it's always London myself as well...there's huge stadiums all over the damn place over there.

Amsterdam road trip anyway?!!!!!

Posted

I really don't understand why the league doesn't play a game in Mexico City. 

Huge population, spreads the popularity of the sport to latin america, much easier trip.

I'm pretty sure they have played there. 

From my time in Mexico, they love the NFL. Every newspaper has several pages of coverage dedicated to it.

As far as a Panthers London game. I've promised myself and friends that live there that we are going when it happens. I can't wait. 

Posted

I live in Europe, I don´t like the London games. It is just not the same as in the US. It is kind of artificial, not authentic. Sorry fellow european folks, just my opinion. NFL, please stay in North America.

1 person likes this

Posted

I live in Europe, I don´t like the London games. It is just not the same as in the US. It is kind of artificial, not authentic. Sorry fellow european folks, just my opinion. NFL, please stay in North America.

Part of the fun is seeing the sweet football stadiums and rabid home fans on TV. Wembley is pretty generic.