Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason with a subtle jab at the Panthers

68 posts in this topic

Posted

Yea cause his slow ass couldn't tackle.

WHOA WHOA WHOA....Jon Beason got trade?

Posted

I don't think this was a shot at the Panthers. Besides, IMO it's obvious that the Giants have done nothing this year to deserve playing in primetime. It's not like we've done a whole lot more than the Giants to deserve a primetime game this year, but at least we smoked the Giants head-to-head.

Posted

You guys who think it's a jab are the ones that are salty.  The Panthers have nothing to do with the scheduling; ipso facto, it can't be a jab at us.

No. It was a snarky comment because teams don't get much prime time exposure when they suck, so Jon was basically making a comment about the quality of the team.

Prime time games go to big market teams and teams that are good. We have been neither and that is what Jon was pointing out.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm of the opinion when a business pays a person millions of $$s and well, that person could not play for 2 years, it would probably a class move to be gracious.

Posted

People here acting the media and blowing something up that is nothing....Beason loves the panthers and would not jab at them at least not in public...

Posted

haven't been on in awhile.. but i've always stated beason was overrated...even in his prime..

where's TRD and panthers55 at now? get your boy beas' back

Posted

Can't blame him. Getting let go from the Panthers is like getting dumped by a fat, ugly chick with gonorrhea and chronic halitosis.

Posted

I sincerely hope he flourishes in NY.

Posted

Not a jab.

You go play for Dallas, NY, etc you get prime time games.....numbers overwhelmingly back that

Posted

How does a team become "AD"... is that worse than BAD???

Posted

No. It was a snarky comment because teams don't get much prime time exposure when they suck, so Jon was basically making a comment about the quality of the team.

Prime time games go to big market teams and teams that are good. We have been neither and that is what Jon was pointing out.

Exactly, and this was my point.

What he said was indeed a factual statement, but it was also incredibly condescending and the tone of what he said conveys the opinion that we haven't had many primetime games because we suck. 

Like I said, Panthers paid him a ton of money, and did him a huge favor by basically giving him a team that could rejuvenate his career.

Cheap shot.  

Posted

Another fact.Panthers have had almost as many prime time games as games Beason fully played in the last couple years.