Photo
- - - - -

Beason with a subtle jab at the Panthers

Best Answer 4Corners, 08 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

It is called a fun fact highlighting how explosive the Broncos are and how ad Jacksonville is.

Why is everyone so sensitive?

So yes it was Professional. What about it makes it not?

It may be a fact but throwing someone under the bus to make yourself look better is very unprofessional. If someone needs to point out how "sad" the Jags are it should be the media or an unbiased entity; NOT the best team in the league (and 28 point favorites) who you will be facing in a week. It's called class and integrity. That wreaks of bad karma for the Broncos.

I can promise you that if the Broncos tweeted something like this about the Panthers - this place would erupt. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,474 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

I'm not gonna say that it was or wasn't a jab, but you would have had to be there to discern whether it was a jab or not.

agree w/ this. Would need to hear his tone & see his body language. 

Like I said in an earlier post, words taken out of context can sometimes have a different meaning than when they were originally said. 

IMHO it does sound like a condescending troll comment, but I didn't hear the interview and it could just be the typical media trying to stir the pot and make a story out of something that shouldn't be. 

I saw the original tweet RT by Gantt, and Darin Gantt is a know it all troll who picks up on troll tendencies. 

#32 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,061 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

What about this:

This may be a fact, but was it in good taste for a professional to point this out?

Someone should ask Jon about the last time the Panthers were on national TV.

It is called a fun fact highlighting how explosive the Broncos are and how ad Jacksonville is.

#33 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,734 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

I don't see it as a jab at all.

#34 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,474 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:18 PM   Best Answer

It may be a fact but throwing someone under the bus to make yourself look better is very unprofessional. If someone needs to point out how "sad" the Jags are it should be the media or an unbiased entity; NOT the best team in the league (and 28 point favorites) who you will be facing in a week. It's called class and integrity. That wreaks of bad karma for the Broncos.

I can promise you that if the Broncos tweeted something like this about the Panthers - this place would erupt. 

#35 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,329 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

I saw the original tweet RT by Gantt, and Darin Gantt is a know it all troll who picks up on troll tendencies. 

In other words, Darin Gantt is the Troll Magnet

#36 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,474 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

In other words, Darin Gantt is the Troll Magnet

Yeah. Gantt is a troll. It's obvious. He's quick with the witty comments and certainly strikes me as a "glass half empty" type of guy. Unfortunately, writers like him are usually somewhat successful because they are good at pushing buttons and generating interest. I'm not comparing a guy who wears Birkenstocks and sweat pants 7 days a week to a media icon like Stern/Rush/Jon Stewart etc; but a lot of the people who listen to those guys are folks who just listen to them because they can't stand what they have to say and want to hear what they will say next. 

Look at these race baiting tweets from Gantt on Monday:

Darin Gantt ‏@daringantt

Baby girl left lunch box at home. In 5 minutes it took me to drive it to school, realized the racists in this town need new QB code words.

Darin Gantt ‏@daringantt

Because if you say a QB "doesn't have the mental makeup," "relies on athleticism" and "only wants attention," we're not talking ball.

Getting back on topic - Beason is a smart dude and I'm sure he knew what he was doing. 

#37 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Yea cause his slow ass couldn't tackle.

WHOA WHOA WHOA....Jon Beason got trade?

#38 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

I don't think this was a shot at the Panthers. Besides, IMO it's obvious that the Giants have done nothing this year to deserve playing in primetime. It's not like we've done a whole lot more than the Giants to deserve a primetime game this year, but at least we smoked the Giants head-to-head.

#39 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

You guys who think it's a jab are the ones that are salty.  The Panthers have nothing to do with the scheduling; ipso facto, it can't be a jab at us.

No. It was a snarky comment because teams don't get much prime time exposure when they suck, so Jon was basically making a comment about the quality of the team.

Prime time games go to big market teams and teams that are good. We have been neither and that is what Jon was pointing out.

#40 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

I'm of the opinion when a business pays a person millions of $$s and well, that person could not play for 2 years, it would probably a class move to be gracious.

#41 camtheone

camtheone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

People here acting the media and blowing something up that is nothing....Beason loves the panthers and would not jab at them at least not in public...

#42 blak-n-blu

blak-n-blu

THE FRANCHISE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

haven't been on in awhile.. but i've always stated beason was overrated...even in his prime..

where's TRD and panthers55 at now? get your boy beas' back

#43 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Can't blame him. Getting let go from the Panthers is like getting dumped by a fat, ugly chick with gonorrhea and chronic halitosis.

#44 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,831 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

I sincerely hope he flourishes in NY.

#45 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,271 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Not a jab.

You go play for Dallas, NY, etc you get prime time games.....numbers overwhelmingly back that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com