Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Walking Dead Season 4

900 posts in this topic

The whole "Uh oh, the governor has changed. Oh never mind, no he hasn't, we were just kidding guys!" was nothing more than filler.

So basically we're back where we left off during the last altercation at the prison, and somehow the governor has been able to manipulate another large group of people into attacking complete strangers. This time though, he's known said people for all of a few days.

I think they are at least TRYING to make his manipulation of the new group make sense, though. I mean, some scenes hinted at the fact that the group knows he was the leader of a much larger, much safer community. The family he started off with also trust him for helping them as much as he has. He has that leader guy's brother cornered, obviously. So, he has the backing and support he needs from the key members of that group, and we already know that the Governor is a cult of personality. So, as much as they back-tracked it to "we're back to the Governor wanting to attack the prison", the writers at least tried to make it interesting.

Honestly, I wish they would have stuck closer to the comics on the whole prison v. Woodbury ordeal. Have Rick get taken prisoner, have a couple of members from Woodbury aid his escape, have one of those Woodbury citizens try to go back to tell the Governor everything. They just tried to do too much last season (though, I thought it was a good season) and it has them cuffed as far as how to resolve it this season.

I'm honestly just ready for them to get this Sunday over with, get the group out of the prison, and back on the road. According to Andrew Lincoln, after next week, the show "spins out into orbit and it becomes a whole new show", and the writers have already said that episode 9 in February will be the closest adaptation to the comics that the show has pulled since the pilot. Things should get back to being real compelling really soon. And I can't wait, because as far as being entertained goes, I've been entertained, but I haven't been sucked into the show like I was for the first 3 seasons.

All of you are depraved sadists. I want everyone to make it and then have a picnic while Beth sings kumbayah and Rick/Governor snuggle

2 people like this

Honestly, I'm basically just expecting that a large number of people from the governor's new group will get killed off.

If anyone at the prison dies, it will likely be someone that nobody really cares about.

If this show was on HBO etc you comic guys would be totally satisfied.

But since there are commercials on AMC you get boxed lunches instead of gourmet filming.

I know that the producers have to give this show extra legs so they can spread out more seasons

Maybe in the future similar stories/concepts get a mini series or one year treatment to fully dig into all that is needed so its more about the original content and doesn't get tvish.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

nobody here is upset that they strayed away from the source material.   its the way they have destroyed the characters.   other than carl, nobody is like their actual character. 

its like comparing Jesus Christ, Superstar to the actual Bible

1 person likes this

nobody here is upset that they strayed away from the source material.   its the way they have destroyed the characters.   other than carl, nobody is like their actual character. 

its like comparing Jesus Christ, Superstar to the actual Bible

Pretty much. Michonne is coming back to being more like the comic character. Rick still isn't there yet (but I think they'll get back to that, because he only strayed in the second half of last season and the first half of this season for the most part). Governor is different, but for TV, I guess he works, so that doesn't bum me out TOO much. Herschel is generally the same, so that's good (kinda hard to make him different). Maggie and Glenn are MOSTLY the same as the comic, they just play them up a little bit more than the comic does (for non-comic readers, Glenn isn't quite as bold and is much more of a follower of Rick's than a stand-alone badass that they're trying to make him). 

Tyrese is fuged beyond repair, at this point. I don't see how you salvage him at this point. Which pisses me off, because he was SO awesome in the comics. Andrea's deviation from the comics is well-noted. 

Venturing the story from the comics isn't so bad as long as the characters stay in their element from the comics. They lost a lot of that. I think they have a real opportunity with the prison attack and the unfolding of that to get the characters back to where they need to be to make them recognizable again. Hopefully they take it.

I haven't read the comics (well I have some) and I have some gripes about this show.  It just feels cheap.  I've talked with other people who think I just want action and don't care for 'character development', but that's far from the truth.  Just because you have some scene with characters with dialog does not mean you're developing those characters.  

Did we learn anything about the governor from the last 2 episodes?  We learned what happened to him and why he's going to attack the prison, but other than that...nothing.  Yeah he can't get over losing his family...we learned that early on.  The whole thing just feels like filler.  

I'm just looking for some good story telling, the story telling we had in the first season.  As it is now it just keeps me barely interested enough to want to know what happens next.  

1 person likes this

herschel is pretty much dale...i have no problems with that.  i like herschel.  i think maggie is much less...independent and strong willed in the comics.  she's more likely to break down.   carol was nothing like her comic counterpart.  neither was andrea.  dale was pretty damn close, but the actor that played him made him more annoying than he was in the comics.

they've rushed important things like tyrese's character development, rick's phone call issues, just so we can spend 3 episodes making a 60 mile trip to the local college while everyone lays in beds vomiting blood, or 6 episodes running around in the woods looking for sophia.

i really don't mind them stretching the arcs.   what i do mind is them butchering the characters to where they're counterparts in name only

until the last episode, the first season was pretty faithful to the comics.  after that it went its own way, and did it badly.

2 people like this

I have to admit that I was getting upset with the show until the past 2 episodes with the governor.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I pretty much love anything zombie related so that's why I've kinda liked this season. It's definitely not very engaging though and as PSC said, they've completely ruined most of the characters for the sake of having one really strong redneck character.

Haven't been here in awhile. But I figured I'd chime in. Overall the walking drafts been good. The first two season were the best. The surroundings the tempo and just vibe I loved. These last couple seasons at the prison have been complete garbage.

At first I hated when they just having full episodes dedicated to Woodbury and the governor. But sadly that has been the best parts of the show. They have bring too many characters into the prison and frankly the prison is a terrible place to hold the story. Just makes no sense to me. I realize that's a great idea from a survival perspective, but it's just been terrible. They gotta move on like NOW and kill off 80 percent of them they have to. It's getting old. Also they need to be on the run again. Make it interesting. Darryl needs to die. I used to like him but he's just a baby back bitch now.

By far though my favorite characters have been the most controversial. U might not agree or like them but they always gave great plots and made everything so much better. Shane and Merle. And of recently the governor. They just had great roles and shook everything up while being bad asses.

Honestly I wish the whole prison would die off... Including rick. They just suck now.( obviously they can't and won't)

While I'm ranting I'll throw this in. Damn they have terrible actors on this show. The only ones worth a poo was Merle and Hershel and the black guy form season one.... Forgot his name. Clearly try need some more mainstream actors lol.

Sorry for the rant posting.

And also I would like to share a plan I would use for the zombie apocalypse.

I would go to the beach. Have the ocean to my back and eyes towards land. Maybe even have a sea boat and what not. Think it would be very effective.

But yeah post over.

Alright, after a Panthers win, all I need is a solid episode of TWD to round out my day. Hoping for an action packed episode with a good ending to setup February's return.