Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Walking Dead Season 4

900 posts in this topic

I should have elaborated.  I meant the literal moment like it would be cool to shoot a big ass hoard of zombies with my dad.  Everything you said I totally agree with. 

1 person likes this

Seeing the governer with a tank makes me wonder why Rick did not take the tank from the first episode he holed up in.... (Never read the comics so no idea what happens)

Really? The first episode itself was so brilliantly crafted. Darabont has always been able to deliver beautiful shots and fantastic character interactions.

the first episode was amazing.  after that...not so much.  the final episode of season 1 was probably the worst of the entire series

I'm completely opposite PSC, I thought the first season was the best... they actually had a purpose and were moving the story somewhere.  Since then it just seems like they're trying with every episode to figure out what to do next with the story.

they know what to do with the story next, i have no idea why they've taken the scenic route when there's not much to look at.  this story arc should have ended last season :

i don't have a problem with the plot, just the pace of it. nothing of true importance has happened since halfway through last season.

and that's fine by itself, but tough to pull off given the pace of the first 2.5 seasons. i'm not a fan of the stasis. the new directing is palpable and that's something you want to avoid as a network.

poo better pick up, and soon.

you should try to read the comics.   they're on youtube.  ;)

the reason i'm glad darabont is gone is because he brought in the actors that played andrea, dale, and carol.   andrea was terrible, dale threw a fit after darabont left and wanted out.   carol was ok.    none of them were very good.

also he didn't want to kill lori.   he drug out the sophia mess.

i mean, really, other than the first two episodes, can you even remember anything happening?   andrea killed her sister in a lifetime moment, but that's about it.

but they're spinning their wheels now and i really am only watching because i know they'll get to the next best thing.   people gotta die so the story can progress.

1 person likes this

Agree 100% with the above post...

It is like they tried to add filler to the comics stuff to add more depth for the TV show, and failed horribly in the process.

It came across, at times, as having absolutely no direction or steering towards anything other than watered down emotional exchanges and indecisiveness within the fictional group. The prison arc was milked to death, and has taken 1.5 seasons thus far to whittle down to the basic concepts from the source material (which accomplished everything quite well imho)... Pair that with their extensive beating to death of creative license (changing key monumental things from the source) in order to draw things out, and you've got a recipe to be really boring and off-putting...

I've not given up, though... I hope they can fix the mess they've gotten into...

They effectively turned the prison arc of TWD into the Mereeneese knot from ASOIAF...

2 people like this

I'm just ready for them to get moving so the second half of the season, we can start working towards something so much more badass and probably better suited (well...somewhat) for TV anyway. And that is......

TWD1.jpg

Well, poo got real this episode. Everything going about how I saw it going. Let's see how the episode finishes and what next week has in store. 

I'm predicting some lesbian action!!!

"Almost" cop girl and Army reserve girl!!!

Next week...poo hits the fan. LOVE the shot with Gov's group at the fence. Very reminiscent of the comics scene. I doubt they get far into the episode before they hit, so the whole attack will go down next episode, which should put us out of the prison by the end of the episode.

I want it to be next week already!

So a sated half season.....cool?

1 person likes this