Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Walking Dead Season 4

900 posts in this topic

I like how they wasted no time last night with the episode. No senseless dialogue or building. Everything said and done was to point at the Governor. One thing my friend didn't realize was the 3 dead bodies on the way to the cabin.

One had "liar" nailed to his chest, the other "rapist", and the other "murderer". Why were they important to be shot? Because they are descriptors for the Governor; hence, the focus on each of them for that scene.

I thought the headless bodies were to illustrate the difference in a sane person and the Governor...

The Governor beheaded bodies just for fun and basically as trophies...

The dude in the shack, whatever his motives for removing and keeping the heads, eventually turned on himself for what he had done (become a murderer)... Thus, the reality of the situation sunk in and he had remorse...

The Governor is the opposite though... He's done all these bad things, and he can't view them in a sane manner, ultimately, to realize that he's the bad guy and nothing more.

Is it bad the Governor might be my favorite character on the show?  He is certainly the most complex character on the show.  I could easily watch a spin off about just the Governor.

They really swung and missed on him these last couple episodes though, but I agree he's more interesting than the other survivors.  They truly needed the 2-hour TV movie for "Rise of the Governor" to explain why he became who he is and how he reached Woodbury in the first place.   I think people would have a bit more understanding and his character would be more than just a nut with an eye-patch.   Someone doesn't just become like he is over "2 episodes" it took a bit for him to become who he is.

It really leads to a big criticism of the show i have, they don't explore great situations/content from the source material like they should.  

They really swung and missed on him these last couple episodes though, but I agree he's more interesting than the other survivors. They truly needed the 2-hour TV movie for "Rise of the Governor" to explain why he became who he is and how he reached Woodbury in the first place. I think people would have a bit more understanding and his character would be more than just a nut with an eye-patch. Someone doesn't just become like he is over "2 episodes" it took a bit for him to become who he is.

It really leads to a big criticism of the show i have, they don't explore great situations/content from the source material like they should.

Almost all the criticism I see from people about this show is from the people who have read the graphic novels.

That is something I have not done yet, so I get the luxury of watching the show for just the sake of watching the show. And I really like it and really enjoyed these last two episodes and the series as a whole.

I imagine if I had read the source material I might have an expectation that right now I don't have which allows me to enjoy it for what it is, instead of what it is not.

But if they did a spin off on the rise of the Governor I would watch it because I like that character a lot.

3 people like this

i think daryl is going to ride off with judith on his bike and that's what the spinoff will be about

5 people like this

i think daryl is going to ride off with judith on his bike and that's what the spinoff will be about

lol

Almost all the criticism I see from people about this show is from the people who have read the graphic novels.

That is something I have not done yet, so I get the luxury of watching the show for just the sake of watching the show. And I really like it and really enjoyed these last two episodes and the series as a whole.

I imagine if I had read the source material I might have an expectation that right now I don't have which allows me to enjoy it for what it is, instead of what it is not.

But if they did a spin off on the rise of the Governor I would watch it because I like that character a lot.

I think a lot of people are still having a LOT of trouble letting the show be the show and the comics/novels be the comics/novels. I made my peace last season that they are two different animals and while they will remain vaguely similar, they are pretty different. That has been both good and bad the past 2 and a half seasons.

I don't think the prison war goes down EXACTLY like the comics. It's gonna be different with some key moments remaining. We've seen in the promo clip the Governor on the tank demanding Rick's surrender. Also, at the VERY end of that promo, the Gov is standing in a VERY specific way...with a little blood on his face. I think that's the war starting moment (fans of the comic know). The question is...who? Also, I like how Carl is the one who says "I can end this right now". I'm pretty sure Andrea said it in the comics from the guard tower, but it was a cool line. As long as the Governor yells "Kill them all!" at the start of the fight, I'll be happy, because that is probably my single favorite moment in the comics.

They're going to have to downsize the cast eventually because new characters will be coming in soon. If it's anything like the comics A LOT of people are going to die and they're going to be significant people too.

that was a good episode. possibly the best one so far this season.

i will say i absolutely hate that pretend cop lesbian chick simply because she's the most force-fit, awkwardly-contrived character i've ever seen written for any television series ever. if she does fist-bump bro one more time i'm going to find scott gimple and turn him into a zombie.

7 people like this

that was a good episode. possibly the best one so far this season.

i will say i absolutely hate that pretend cop lesbian chick simply because she's the most force-fit, awkwardly-contrived character i've ever seen written for any television series ever. if she does fist-bump bro one more time i'm going to find scott gimple and turn him into a zombie.

but....but...but... she's hot