Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Walking Dead Season 4

900 posts in this topic

So.....that's 3 kids that Carol has lost......

1 person likes this

So.....that's 3 kids that Carol has lost......

Bravo on your parenting once again, Carol.

— Rick fuging Grimes (@TheRickGrimes_) March 17, 2014

all I could think about...

a1a499314912410.jpg 

5 people like this

It wasn't all that shocking if you've read the comics. They've turned Carol from one of my least favorites to one of my favorites though so I guess that's good.

For the comic fans:

Would you have rather had Carl kill the girl like it was in the comics? I was a big fan of how Carl killed the kid in the comics because it really established his character but I think for the TV show Carl is already established as a no nonsense "little Shane" so having Carol kill the kid meant a whole lot more.

No... should have been Carl...

I should post about liking characters more often.

I really like Glenn ... now kill him

I was thinking the same thing, about the same character.

For the comic fans:

Would you have rather had Carl kill the girl like it was in the comics? I was a big fan of how Carl killed the kid in the comics because it really established his character but I think for the TV show Carl is already established as a no nonsense "little Shane" so having Carol kill the kid meant a whole lot more.

If you do anything different than what is in the books they will complain that it totally sucks.

Anything that helps us better understand the context and motivations of a character is "slow" and needless character development.

If every main character is not killed at a rate of 1 per episode they will complain that not enough main characters are dying. Despite the deaths of:

Shane

Dale

Andrea

Amy

T-Dog

Lori

Merle

Otis

Caesar

Dr. Jenner

Jim

Hershel

The Governor

the two kids last episode

several pigs

Rick's horse

It just isn't enough death in the not quite 4 seasons it has been on the air because Daryl is still alive and he wasn't in the comic books so that pisses them off.

:D :D

3 people like this

For the comic fans:

I really wish Carl had had the chance to kill Lizzy, because I think it brings he and Rick full circle. Sure, Rick has admitted that Carl is a man and all that, and he can't try to protect him from the world they now live in, but I think it would have been an important development to have Carl kill her, and Rick have to admit that he did the right thing, but that he shouldn't just make these decisions on his own, and have the rest of the group sorta talk it through for a second.

IDK, but that just seems like there are more possibilities had they take that route. This route is still cool, just to bring Carol full circle and have her realize that she can't replace Sophia because if she does.....she'll only lose her again. She has to move on from all of that, not try to "toughen" the kids up so much as look out for them and teach them things, and I think last night's episode established that well.

I want a lot of Rick fuging Grimes in these last two episodes. I want Rick kicking ass and taking names and making tough calls.

1 person likes this