Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead Season 4

900 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I loved it. I love the imagery with Rick this past episode.

The blood from the pig splatter was on half of his face. Like, it split it PERFECTLY. Sort of like it's the two sides of him: the old Rick from pre-breakout/early breakout and then the Rick from late season 2/all of season 3. It shows his inner battle in one scene with imagery, and I like that.

Putting his belt back on. Also, Carl saying his hat "isn't a farmer's hat". The belt and the hat signify the leader and survivor. Rick wanted to divorce himself from that (obvious, I know). Him putting the belt back on is like him slowly stepping back into that role.

Burning the brown shirt. Sure, maybe he just did it due to the possibly infected blood on it. However, I think it was more symbolic, hence him staring at it after he took it off. That's the season 3 shirt. He wore it damn near the whole season, including when he found out Lori died. So, it was like him letting that go and letting go of "dictator" Rick. He knows he has to lead again, but he doesn't want to hold on to THAT part of his past.

Can't wait for the next episode. Looks like we're gonna get a couple of REALLY awesome scenes from the comics.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

99% sure that baby is sick

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

also: from an anthropological perspective this show fascinates me, especially watching the formative phases of civilization rising from the prison. now that they've settled down and stopped their hunting/gathering ways and started to domesticate, they've encountered outside threats, seen social stratification and specialization matriculate their previously egalitarian ranks. it's a microcosm of human societal history.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

99% sure that baby is sick

That would make sense...,,it would be really tough for the writers if they had to figure out what to do with the baby after they leave the prison. Perhaps that's part of the reason they came up with the "infected" plot. How else do you take out a baby on tv?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

How else do you take out a baby on tv?

Zombie appetizer

Pack of Rabid wolves

Random gun shot or axe throw in zombie fight

Single bite and Rick has to do the deed after she turns

I could go on

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Should have died with Lori.

Posted · Report post

That would have been the easiest way to do it, I agree.

Posted · Report post

I'm hearing rumors that The Governor will have a couple of his own episodes this season. Pretty much like last season with Woodbury having it's own episodes, except this time it'll be just catching up with the Governor and tying up that plot. I'm thinking they'll be in the next few weeks and the Governor arc will be finished as the midseason finale, which will also end the prison. Good thing, it'll keep the story flowing and they can move on to bigger and better things.

Posted · Report post

Go to NYC already. Even though it's sure death and not logical, it would sure as hell make this show interesting again.

Posted · Report post

Side Note: Anyone else watch the prison story on the special features of 'I Am Legend"?

Pretty cool.

Posted · Report post

Poor pigs. That poo was more sad then the dad dying.

Posted · Report post

OK, so the fight scene wasn't as epic as in the comics, but then again, the reason for the fight wasn't as epic either.

Tyrese wailing on walkers wasn't as epic as in the comics, but then again, the situation wasn't the same as the comics.

Holy poo, Carol.

This episode was a good setup episode. Furthered a couple plot points. Had a couple of really cool moments. I'm thinking next episode will pick up in terms of "poo happening".

Also, I found plot synposes for the rest of this half of the season. No big time spoilers here, just a couple sentences on each episode that will appear on the info boxes on TV when they air, as well as show titles, some character intros in the coming episodes, and the theories that the site came up with for each. http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/articles/the-walking-dead-season-4-spoilers-roundup-whats-next

Also, this link basically confirms what the mid-season finale will probably be come December 1 (obviously big spoilers potentially here). http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/articles/2013-10-22-season-4-mid-season-finale