Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Walking Dead Season 4

900 posts in this topic

If you do anything different than what is in the books they will complain that it totally sucks.

Anything that helps us better understand the context and motivations of a character is "slow" and needless character development.

If every main character is not killed at a rate of 1 per episode they will complain that not enough main characters are dying. Despite the deaths of:

Shane - Killed by Carl in the comics... Buried, and then dug up later and killed again by Rick...

Dale - Killed later in the comics and in a more important way... Killed pointlessly in the show...

Andrea - Still alive in the comics and is a big part of the story...

Amy - Died the same way as in the comics pretty much...

T-Dog - Not in the comics... pointless character and death was somewhat heroic and okay television...

Lori - In the comics, died in the Governor's attack on the prison, with Judith in her arms...

Merle - Not in the comics and only served to support Daryl's created character...

Otis - Died on Hershel's farm in the comics and only really served the purpose of supporting Shane's dickishness in the show...

Caesar - Martinez died differently in the comics... Rick ran him over to hopefully protect the prison's location... In the show, he only served to support the Governor's dickishness (like we needed anymore support)...

Dr. Jenner - Not in the comics... Pointless character with no backbone that paid for it....

Jim - Died same as in the comics...

Hershel - Killed in somewhat similar timing as in the comics, but in a different way...

The Governor - Similar death to in the comics...

the two kids last episode - Concept was borrowed from the comics, but the fallout and setup were different...

several pigs - pig death is always good

Rick's horse - Same as in the comics I think lol

It just isn't enough death in the not quite 4 seasons it has been on the air because Daryl is still alive and he wasn't in the comic books so that pisses them off.

:D :D

...and you still have:

Sophia - Dead on show, alive in comics

Tyreese, Carol, Judith - all dead by this point in the comics (maybe it isn't a coincidence that they are left together in a subgroup)

Daryl - not in comics

Tara - not in comics

Beth - different role and name but not alive at this point in the comics

Bob Stookey - a drunk guy from Woodbury who is a totally different character on the show

Sasha - different character than in the comic, dead at this point in the story

Maggie and Glenn - Backtracked to Hershel's farm after the prison fallout, regrouped with everyone there... not this star-crossed lovers crap the TV show has turned it into...

I wouldn't complain over the little stuff if they'd keep the big stuff the same as the source material. I realize that there will be some transition pains to the screen adaptation, but still...

I know I seemingly complain a lot, but I still say I like the show. I genuinely do look forward to each week even if I trash an episode after the fact.

Hopefully the last two episodes close even more of the loopholes that not sticking to the source has gotten the show. It seems like, from the stuff I've read, that we'll be left with a similar situation of them finding the prison... So maybe Terminus will basically be Alexandria from the comics...

2 people like this

people that haven't read the comics but feel the need to post their uneducated opinions about it and how it relates to the show are the worst

I HAVEN'T BOTHERED TO READ THE SCRIPT BUT HERE IS HOW I THINK THE DIALOGUE SHOULD GO

1 person likes this

people that haven't read the comics but feel the need to post their uneducated opinions about it and how it relates to the show are the worst

I HAVEN'T BOTHERED TO READ THE SCRIPT BUT HERE IS HOW I THINK THE DIALOGUE SHOULD GO

I don't look at it that way.  I look at it as I am able to enjoy the show for what it is, not what it is not. 

I didn't read the script of Caddyshack, therefore, I can enjoy the movie instead of being like "Grrr the original script is actually about the caddies, not some guy named Ty Webb, and why is that groundskeeper played by Bill Murray in there so much.  In the script the groundskeeper only had one line!  One line!!  But he is in every other scene!!  This is nothing like the script, this is terrible!!" 

Having said that I do plan on reading the graphic novels, I just haven't gotten to it yet.  Since I am enjoying the show I am thinking I am glad I haven't.

(BTW all that about Caddyshack's original script is actually true)

i totally forgot that caddyshack was turned into a film because of the cult popularity of the script

also i didn't realize the script for caddyshack was better than the movie

the problem with the show is the poorly written dialogue and scenes like tyrese's acceptance and forgiveness of carol's confession.

here's how it should have gone:

carol confesses.  offers the gun.   tyrese is insulted.

I DON'T NEED NO fuging GUN TO KILL YOU

tyrese slings the gun across the room, gun goes off firing randomly.  judith starts crying

tyrese has 'what the fug am i doing' epiphany

leaves in the middle of the night.  follows the road and kills a billion zombies in the dark.  almost dies.

returns at dawn to accept and forgive carol.  they leave together with judith.

that's how you write that.  not his shitty ass "OMG. whatevs"

2 people like this

gun goes off firing randomly after he throws it across the room? Wow how are you not a writer for a TV show?

Anyways thats what people were expecting, for Tyreese to go nuts - the point was that he really, really just saw how incredibly screwed up decisions are made every day in this world - he just agreed to let Carol shoot the girl. How could he not forgive? At that point he just had to let go, and it worked really well dramatically as told. Insane long pause worked great for me.

because you're face to face with the woman that killed and burned the body of someone you loved so you just say 'ok its cool guy' and roll on out together in the morning just because people are rational in those situations

not once did i say he shouldn't forgive carol, he really has no choice.   the writing and dialogue is terrible and the only thing good about the show is the 3 times a season they use the source material

maybe i should have inserted "carol cocks gun and slides it across the table to tyrese"

i mean, you're so certain an accidental discharge couldn't happen, find yourself a beaten up vintage revolver during a zombie apocalypse and go around cocking it and throwing it against walls  and see what happens

From what gathered from this thread....PSC takes this poo srs bro!

I'll be honest. I'm glad I haven't read the fuging holy grail of comics.

2 people like this

god forbid someone isn't so lazy and apathetic as to form an opinion

1 person likes this

god forbid someone isn't so lazy and apathetic as to form an opinion

No, I get man. I am a big Trekkie and I hated the animated series. There were crazy aliens in Starfleet and on the Enterprise, but Roddenberry want all the aliens to look somewhat human so the audience could relate to them.