Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead Season 4

900 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Carol = badass. 

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Season has been better than last, for sure.  I like the character building with Tyreese and the other dude from The Wire (Deangelo, forgot his name).  Carol is taking the place of the comic-Andrea I guess.  I liked how she admitted to doing it, and you can't really fault her either I guess.  We're all products of the environment.   One thing I'm worried about is I'm starting to get the "dragging it on" feeling that I got from the farm season, but it's early and at least there is character building here.

Posted · Report post

One thing I'm worried about is I'm starting to get the "dragging it on" feeling that I got from the farm season, but it's early and at least there is character building here.

Me too... Kurb, Dpanther and I were discussing last night... character building isn't a bad thing, but I think they get caught up in it too much sometimes and let it drag out.

Every episode doesn't have to be a slash/bang zombie gore fest (although I know some would like that) but it also shouldn't be a "let's all sit and talk about feelings" fest either...

Posted · Report post

Thinning of Woodbury herd is nice.  Can get too complex when it's just boring.  I'd rather have to deal with new character interaction with outsiders than the internal struggles with the Woodbury sheep.  Nice to see them finally get a little smarter with the noise makers to distract.  Why not just build a damned pit like the governor had to get the horde away from the prison and into those pits.  Set a grease fire every so often to thin them out.  Keeps walkers away from prison AND their water supply. 

Posted · Report post

IMHO; this has been the worst season so far and it's not even close.

Posted · Report post

if i hadn't read the comics i dunno if i'd still be watching at this point

Posted · Report post

Everyone just needs to give the season time to kick into full throttle. After the Governor returns he's going to kill a bunch of people and then the show is going to hit the road where some great new characters will be introduced and some pretty interesting villains will come in. I'm going to do some bitching now though.

- Tyrese is ruined. His two biggest moments weren't nearly as epic as they were in the comics. His fight with Rick should have been after they've developed a friendship like in the comic. Two best friends beating the poo out of each other is much better than two guys who have barely spoken to each other beating each other. There's also no way that they could have tppped the image of Tyrese and a mountain of dead zombies after everyone thought he was dead. His death in the comics wrecked me but if he dies that way in the show I doubt I'll even care.

- The more that Daryl talks I've kinda noticed that Norman Reedus is a bad actor. It may just be his acting in the show though. I should probably watch the boondocks saints again just to see if my opinion is correct.

- The whole flu thing just isn't cutting it for me. While it may be interesting, I don't believe for a second that any of the main cast will die from the flu. If anyone important dies it's going to be by the Governor's hand not the flu. So seeing a bunch of Woodberry people die who I don't care about isn't that intriguing.

- The guy who killed and burned the bodies was obviously Bob Stookey. He's the only cast member they actually announced casting for so he's obviously going to do something special during the show. Maybe I'm wrong though and he could just be taking Herschell's place.

- I really miss the Governor. Last season I was so hyped because I knew how great of a villain he is. They really need to reintroduce him as fast as possible.

Am I the only one who is seeing possible foreshadowing for the hunters?

Posted · Report post

Everyone just needs to give the season time to kick into full throttle. After the Governor returns he's going to kill a bunch of people and then the show is going to hit the road where some great new characters will be introduced and some pretty interesting villains will come in. I'm going to do some bitching now though.

- Tyrese is ruined. His two biggest moments weren't nearly as epic as they were in the comics. His fight with Rick should have been after they've developed a friendship like in the comic. Two best friends beating the poo out of each other is much better than two guys who have barely spoken to each other beating each other. There's also no way that they could have tppped the image of Tyrese and a mountain of dead zombies after everyone thought he was dead. His death in the comics wrecked me but if he dies that way in the show I doubt I'll even care.

- The more that Daryl talks I've kinda noticed that Norman Reedus is a bad actor. It may just be his acting in the show though. I should probably watch the boondocks saints again just to see if my opinion is correct.

- The whole flu thing just isn't cutting it for me. While it may be interesting, I don't believe for a second that any of the main cast will die from the flu. If anyone important dies it's going to be by the Governor's hand not the flu. So seeing a bunch of Woodberry people die who I don't care about isn't that intriguing.

- The guy who killed and burned the bodies was obviously Bob Stookey. He's the only cast member they actually announced casting for so he's obviously going to do something special during the show. Maybe I'm wrong though and he could just be taking Herschell's place.

- I really miss the Governor. Last season I was so hyped because I knew how great of a villain he is. They really need to reintroduce him as fast as possible.

Am I the only one who is seeing possible foreshadowing for the hunters?

You realize that at the end of the episode, Carol admits to killing and burning the bodies. It wasn't Bob.

Reedus is not a bad actor. Daryl is supposed to be a bit of an awkward character. Reedus has touched on that before. It seems even more awkward because we're so used to him being the right hand man who says very little. Now that he's essentially THE leader and takes a much larger role within the group, his role requires more talking. I think he has done a great job with this. Every actor and producer on-set constantly praise Reedus on his ability, and I see it, at least.

I have seen the little foreshadowing moments for the Hunters. A lot in episode 1 of this season, really. Little subtle things.

I think Bob is an inside man for the Governor. Time will tell, but I think that is the case. They found him alone, which one could guess is a rare occurrence in this world. I think we'll see Governor at about episode 6, maybe also episode 7, and episode 8 is the big war at the prison as the midseason finale. That's just my take. Episode 9 in February will apparently be, according to Kirkman, the closest direct adaptation of the comics since episode 1 of season 1.

Posted · Report post

You realize that at the end of the episode, Carol admits to killing and burning the bodies. It wasn't Bob.

Reedus is not a bad actor. Daryl is supposed to be a bit of an awkward character. Reedus has touched on that before. It seems even more awkward because we're so used to him being the right hand man who says very little. Now that he's essentially THE leader and takes a much larger role within the group, his role requires more talking. I think he has done a great job with this. Every actor and producer on-set constantly praise Reedus on his ability, and I see it, at least.

I have seen the little foreshadowing moments for the Hunters. A lot in episode 1 of this season, really. Little subtle things.

I think Bob is an inside man for the Governor. Time will tell, but I think that is the case. They found him alone, which one could guess is a rare occurrence in this world. I think we'll see Governor at about episode 6, maybe also episode 7, and episode 8 is the big war at the prison as the midseason finale. That's just my take. Episode 9 in February will apparently be, according to Kirkman, the closest direct adaptation of the comics since episode 1 of season 1.

No, I got a phone call during that last scene so I missed what they said. I NEVER would have guessed it was Carol though.

Episode 9 is also supposed to be a big episode for Carl. So I'm guessing that it'll end up being an adaptation of the issue immediately following the prison takeover, where Rick is unconscious and Carl is preparing to have to live in a zombie world as an orphan.

Posted · Report post

No, I got a phone call during that last scene so I missed what they said. I NEVER would have guessed it was Carol though.

Episode 9 is also supposed to be a big episode for Carl. So I'm guessing that it'll end up being an adaptation of the issue immediately following the prison takeover, where Rick is unconscious and Carl is preparing to have to live in a zombie world as an orphan.

You took a phone call during the last 5 minutes of TWD???    :phew:

FYI, it doesn't bother me... but you guys may want to put some of that stuff in spoiler tags... some people don't want to hear that poo from the comics... I know that they haven't really followed the comics very closely, but you never know...

Posted · Report post

Here comes some Tinderbox turn for you...

FWIW I think the show writers are coming off as somewhat racist or, at the very least, inept at handling character development of non-white people at this point.

Every character of any ethnicity other than white has been really degraded from their original comic character.

Even characters of color not in the comics (T-Dog and Jacqui) are pretty much portrayed as weak and lacking their own individuality and toughness that one would expect most folks to have in a zombie apocalypse. The Morales family left the group and hasn't returned. Morgan has made a return, but they made him crazier than he was in the comics.

Tyreese has been toned WAY down. Michonne is being toned down and made to look a lot more vulnerable than in the comics.

Heck, even Glenn has been emasculated more than he was in the comics.

It is just getting really old. I was just waiting for Tyreese to start crying in the back seat and let the walkers get him. I knew he was about to go hammer-time on them, but it wouldn't have surprised me to see the former.

I know I harp about the comics in these threads, but it is a combination of disliking some of the direction they have taken with some of these side-stories and not really digging the concept of "let's wait here and talk about our feelings for a long ass time while nothing really big happens."

TBQH if they didn't introduce the virus angle, they wouldn't really have anything to build on right now. I think they basically had to come up with something to get them out of the prison and kill off a lot of the fodder the writers from last season brought in. At least I am hoping that is what is happening so far.