Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Walking Dead Season 4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
899 replies to this topic

#289 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

Ol hershell dang. He was a good character, i never thought he'd be a pain in neck like that. Really lost his mind

#290 Shaqil915

Shaqil915

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:13 AM

Really starting to get annoyed at how scared the writers are of killing off their stronger characters. Shoulda just killed Daryl or Rick, then maybe atleast I'd be excited to see what happens the next episode. Ever since the failure that was the season 3 finale I can't seem to look forward to the next episode of TWD. Whoever they made the showrunner end of Season 3 needs to go.

I will say it was the best episode of the season, but just like the S3 finale it could have been SO much better.

#291 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

I'm just going to be honest, more people shoulda died.

#292 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

For people who constantly say "kill Daryl and/or Rick", stop.

Both the comic and show universe are centered around Rick. They're not going to kill off the main character on the show just for shock. It isn't "writing scared" to keep the story about him.

As for Daryl, his time will come, but he is a BIG pull for so many fans, it'd be a stupid thing to do in just the 4th season. I think Daryl dies once Negan gets introduced. Like Herschel said, the more loved the character, the more brutal the death needs to be. Killing Daryl in the crossfire this episode would have been disappointing.

Just shut up and enjoy the show for what it is instead of bitching that it doesn't live up to your unrealistic standards of what a show should be. Not every show is Game of Thrones. Not every show will/can kill off BIG time characters at any given moment. You know the safe characters for right now are Rick, Carl, and Daryl, in that order.

#293 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

I enjoyed the episode...  but upon reflection, it wasn't all that great.

They needed to get out of the prison and the writers accomplished that.  Hopefully the show will get out of the funk it's been in now...

There were a lot of plot holes and sketchy plot devices imo, but it wasn't all bad...

lightsout makes a good point... just shut up and try to enjoy the show, I shall attempt to do this.

#294 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

For people who constantly say "kill Daryl and/or Rick", stop.

Both the comic and show universe are centered around Rick. They're not going to kill off the main character on the show just for shock. It isn't "writing scared" to keep the story about him.

As for Daryl, his time will come, but he is a BIG pull for so many fans, it'd be a stupid thing to do in just the 4th season. I think Daryl dies once Negan gets introduced. Like Herschel said, the more loved the character, the more brutal the death needs to be. Killing Daryl in the crossfire this episode would have been disappointing.

Just shut up and enjoy the show for what it is instead of bitching that it doesn't live up to your unrealistic standards of what a show should be. Not every show is Game of Thrones. Not every show will/can kill off BIG time characters at any given moment. You know the safe characters for right now are Rick, Carl, and Daryl, in that order.

I didn't necessarily want Rick or Daryl to die. I just wanted some of the people like Sasha, Bob, and Beth to bite it. It was a good episode and I really enjoyed it, I just kept waiting for more characters that we actually know to die and they didnt.

#295 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

Rick is safe but a whole lot more people should have died, including Daryl.  I bet the baby is still alive too in some goofy plot twist.  They are afraid to do this show justice and make you seriously worry about almost every character.  Because they don't, this show stays in the area of "B" tv, but it's still entertaining at least.  The group should have barely got out with like 5-6 people, not a bus load.   When a show keeps a character on just because he's popular for fan girls and boys then it leads down a lame path, but it is something we need to get used to.   Just have to keep it realistic, it's not like this show was ever going to win any awards anyway.

#296 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

Figured Hershel had met his character climax during the illness episode.  Just too big of a character.  Didn't think about the hostage angle with Michonne.  Either way, I liked the episode.  Wondered why we had to do the Meghan thing...those scenes just disturb me along with the Judith situation.  Although, even though there was blood...was Judith buckled in when kids brought her out the first time?  If so...do zombies unbuckle people before they eat them?  Would explain why the kids bolted after shooting the chick and Tyreese is wondering what the heck they're doing.  Maybe they're running back to get Judith out from where they hid her.  Add a new twist to Tyreese's character development. 

Liked the Hershel death.  The slight tease that maybe there's a possibility of his survival...up until the point the gov catches him and chooses to completely behead him.  Surprised governor in his state of insanity doesn't take off Michone's as well and allows her escape. 

Funny how this resembled the farm scene fence destruction where we just have people scattering, but instead of zombies...the new threat was humans.  I think we'll be surprised some make it...some don't.  Some we'll see as zombie cameos like the crazy chick did last night with no real backstory on their demise.  Kinda like a Sophie moment.  Glen perhaps.  Maggie forced to take him out...or sacrifice herself with him.  Emily's character is someone that might be expanded...who knows.

Daryl may end up being with the kids/Tyreese and you see the Carol thing played out there.  One side with anger of Carol's act against his girlfriend...while seeing her influence on survival and teaching the kids to do the same. 

I could see the bus completely wiped out...where Glen is.

Who will be the new Dale/Hershel...

#297 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

A lot of people made it out, but the group is splintered. Same thing happened in the comic. I think the core group (basically the farm group + Tyrese and the girls) will meet back up and be reunited in the 2nd half. The Woodbury crew will be off doing their own thing, for the most part. Or, they're all with Maggie and Glenn when Rick finds them, and they all elect to splinter off on their own. Regardless, they're dumping most of the characters. I wouldn't worry much about that point. We'll be introduced to 3 big time characters in the 2nd half of the season, so they're going to HAVE to dump the deadweight for the plot to move forward.

#298 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

Maybe they should kill the show.  No one would see that coming.  Would have amazing shock value.

#299 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

That could work, actually.

#300 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

i really enjoyed it. The screams of maggie beth and rick when herschel was beheaded were unreal and really pulled at me. herschel and glenn have been my favorite characters on the show.

I havent read the comics but i think rick becomes the new herschel. you could see in herschel's eyes that rick finally "got it." what herschel had been preaching the entire time.

i was pissed about the loose ends with judith and the rest but i know how that goes with this show. really excited to see what happens the next episode.

how long is the break in between?