Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If we have any interest in Nicks...

58 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Until there's a new coach in place, I don't foresee any trades to acquire guys that would require a new big contract.

Posted · Report post

Well it sounds like we're back to dreaming of next season.  It's always about next season around here.  Oh well.

Posted · Report post

Stop going for high priced free agents....keep developing our practice squad and draft gems in later rounds.....our secondary could finally be decent maybe if our OF can keep them off the field 75% of the game....and take advantage of their big turnovers...

Posted · Report post

Well it sounds like we're back to dreaming of next season.  It's always about next season around here.  Oh well.

Welcome to being a Panthers fan!

Posted · Report post

because every interview he has given he's said the same thing: build from the inside out, build strong lines.

he's modeling after the Giants, where he was part of 2 superbowl winning teams

So some press conferences before he even has a record as a GM cements his philosophy in your mind? The Giants are one of the worst in the league right now because they invested so heavily in their DL that they let the rest of the D suck.

I don't know if I want Nicks or not, but I do think its a wee bit premature to have a line on a guys philosophy after 1 quarter of an abysmal season.

Posted · Report post

Do you all REALLY think Cleveland is going to trade their best WR with how their team is playing now?

Yes, they traded Richardson, but RB is probably the least valuable position in all of football now.  WR is totally different.

Posted · Report post

We gave them Beason trust and believe Nicks is next with a lower price tag and what he desires to be the most, the number 1 option on a team. Teams do other teams favors in the NFL all the time for example Jeff Fisher and Mike Shannahan. Without Jeff the redskins don't have RG3

Posted · Report post

any formidable wide receiver is worth a call for us. LaFell is ass and Smith is leaving within 2-3 years. We can't trust LaFell to develop into a solid #1 WR

He isn't worth the contract that he is very likely to receive from someone. No thanks.

Posted · Report post

Is anyone honestly turning their nose up at Nicks in our current situation? (for the right price)

Posted · Report post

That's the price you pay when you go after a primetime player. What else are we going to spend the money on? A bunch of Marvin McNutts?

Posted · Report post

Is anyone honestly turning their nose up at Nicks in our current situation? (for the right price)

Problem is, "the right price" is market value. I highly doubt he's going to offer a discount on his first big contract.

Look at what the top receivers went for this year.

Mike Wallace: $60 million.

Victor Cruz: $43 million.

Dwayne Bowe: $56 million.

Greg Jennings: $45 million.

Percy Harvin: $67 million.

So, I don't see him honestly taking a penny less than probably $45 million.

When you factor in his injury concerns, this has a high potential to backfire on whoever signs him. Just my take.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Problem is, "the right price" is market value. I highly doubt he's going to offer a discount on his first big contract.

Look at what the top receivers went for last year.

Mike Wallace: $60 million.

Victor Cruz: $43 million.

Dwayne Bowe: $56 million.

Greg Jennings: $45 million.

Percy Harvin: $67 million.

So, I don't see him honestly taking a penny less than probably $45 million.

When you factor in his injury concerns, this has a high potential to backfire on whoever signs him. Just my take.

Lets hope Dave can get him to come for less or somehow structure his contract to the point he has to put up big numbers to earn all that deniro.