#16 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,636 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Nicks if fairly young, so is Gordon. Talent wise I rather have Gordon. Nicks has been injured in the past so that kind of worries me a bit. Giving up a 2nd rounder on Gordon right now sounds enticing. Mainly because we know what Gordon is capable of. The second round pick in next years draft could be a question mark, actually all draft picks are question marks. But with Gordon you know what you are getting. The only hesitation is the price. Would much rather give them a 3rd round pick.

#17 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Good things like that don't happen to the panthers.

#18 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,210 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

All the fun of following a competitive team is gone this season. The "hey let's sign this guy" ideas are pointless. Our new HC will make moves, but this years team is dead.

A typical Carolina Panthers football season ends the first weekend of October. All of August for hype and maybes, then a month of flop.

#19 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,864 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Agreed with others; I'd rather have Gordon.

Dynamic deep threat to stretch the field, bigger than Nicks, making around a million dollars each of the next couple of years.

Nicks, more of a possession/red zone guy who will probably seek what, at least 6-7 million if not more? With his injury history? No thanks. 

#20 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,557 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Although its a hugely popular fan choice, I highly doubt we sign Hakeem. He has a history of injuries and big name wide receiver free agent signings usually don't work out. Furthermore, it doesn't fit DG's philosophy. I'd bet that money goes towards the Kraken

DG is 4 games into his first year as a GM, how do we know what his philosophy is?

#21 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

DG is 4 games into his first year as a GM, how do we know what his philosophy is?

Four games? Heck, some of our resident Miss Cleos could see his entire future by preseason three :rolleyes:

#22 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

Atl isn't going after Nicks.

Too expensive. What would they do next year? Would be too much invested at WR

#23 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

because every interview he has given he's said the same thing: build from the inside out, build strong lines.

he's modeling after the Giants, where he was part of 2 superbowl winning teams 

#24 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Atl isn't going after Nicks.

Too expensive. What would they do next year? Would be too much invested at WR

this Atlanta if anything is now realizing they need help in their front seven 

#25 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Until there's a new coach in place, I don't foresee any trades to acquire guys that would require a new big contract.

#26 Semaj

Semaj

SHMOO

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Well it sounds like we're back to dreaming of next season.  It's always about next season around here.  Oh well.

#27 camtheone

camtheone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

Stop going for high priced free agents....keep developing our practice squad and draft gems in later rounds.....our secondary could finally be decent maybe if our OF can keep them off the field 75% of the game....and take advantage of their big turnovers...

#28 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Well it sounds like we're back to dreaming of next season.  It's always about next season around here.  Oh well.

Welcome to being a Panthers fan!

#29 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,557 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

because every interview he has given he's said the same thing: build from the inside out, build strong lines.

he's modeling after the Giants, where he was part of 2 superbowl winning teams

So some press conferences before he even has a record as a GM cements his philosophy in your mind? The Giants are one of the worst in the league right now because they invested so heavily in their DL that they let the rest of the D suck.

I don't know if I want Nicks or not, but I do think its a wee bit premature to have a line on a guys philosophy after 1 quarter of an abysmal season.

#30 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,766 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

Do you all REALLY think Cleveland is going to trade their best WR with how their team is playing now?

Yes, they traded Richardson, but RB is probably the least valuable position in all of football now.  WR is totally different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.