Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something's up....

99 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Armanti being cut today can really only mean 1 of two things off the top of my head

1) The organization is trying to light a fire under the player's asses

2) We are making a trade of some sort. Have you ever heard of a team CHOOSING to roll with only four wide receivers? Two go down in a game and we are screwed. It doesn't matter if he was simply taking up a roster spot, that's what #5 receivers do, they sit on that damn bench 95% of the time.
We COULD be replacing him with a slightly better #5 receiver, but given the low priority, the fact that the new player would have to adjust by learning the system, the additional cap...it seems unlikely. I'd say there may be a significant upgrade coming. thoughts?

Posted · Report post

but but bbb but Toney Clemons!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I just want us to win. 

That is like the only thought that I can really come up with at this point.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'd argue Edwards was a waste of a roster spot at WR.

For years now.

8 people like this

Posted · Report post

something seems up...we have what 3 or 4 roster spots open now...guessing at least one for an OL one for stewart too I believe....so 1-2 spots open and we're down to what 4 WRs now....

Posted · Report post

When was the last time we had 3 open roster spots to fill before the next game day?

Posted · Report post

something seems up...we have what 3 or 4 roster spots open now...guessing at least one for an OL one for stewart too I believe....so 1-2 spots open and we're down to what 4 WRs now....

Good point on Stewart, but I bet armond smith is cut when he comes back. No need for four rb's and two fb's.

Posted · Report post

Trading for Nicks or Grodon is what a wise GM would be doing after starting 1-3 and ranking near the bottom on offense.

This is Gettlemans first year as GM. If Jerry Richardson asked him why are we 1-3 what do you think his response will be?

Posted · Report post

Ah who knows, this year seems to be a wash anyways. Ill try and watch the games a bit more stress free knowing playoffs are outta reach

Posted · Report post

"You made me keep him"

Lol. While I don't think Rivera is the long term answer, the only game he pissed me off in was at Buffalo. Seattle came down to a Dwill fumble and against Arizona our Wrs played like shit and then Cam joined them with help of the oline. Just a total offensive collapse. Steve Smith catches that ball we go up 7-0 different ball game then being up 3-0. Then the fourth down drop really took the wind out of the sails and everything went downhill from there.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

We ain't getting Gordon. He'll be a Niner or Patriot next week.