#46 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

The reason it is so difficult to get our political representatives in Washington to agree on reforming our healthcare system is simple:

There is a relatively small group of individuals that are getting filthy rich by taking advantage of Americans when they are at their most vulnerable, when they need medical care. 

Guess which political party represents these immoral individual's interests?

#47 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,738 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Just want to say something about the attacks on Stirs in the TB. 

I think they are largely unjustified.

Clearly he is conservative, loves private industry and distrusts big government. 

Yes, the social policies he generally advocates for have a negative impact on women, the poor and minorities, but I have yet to see anything overtly racist in his posts.

He just doesn't seem to be a big fan of helping other people, no matter what race, via the government.

#48 LongTriad

LongTriad

Missunderstood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

No warning needed for that....glad you dont deny what you did

I do not know what I did except dissagree with a mod.  I deny making any racist post.

#49 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,809 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

if there's one thing that's clear in an analysis of any historical situation it's that regular, good, nice, god-fearing, otherwise well-meaning individuals can be unwitting agents of harm as they are manipulated by sociological and political forces that transcend the illusion of their own individual agency

#50 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

The reason it is so difficult to get our political representatives in Washington to agree on reforming our healthcare system is simple:

There is a relatively small group of individuals that are getting filthy rich by taking advantage of Americans when they are at their most vulnerable, when they need medical care. 

Guess which political party represents these immoral individual's interests?

both, actually. the ACA was basically written by the insurance industry. short of just turning poor people away and letting them die of treatable illnesses, the private mandate is the worst "solution" to an entirely fixable problem

#51 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Just want to say something about the attacks on Stirs in the TB. 

I think they are largely unjustified.

Clearly he is conservative, loves private industry and distrusts big government. 

Yes, the social policies he generally advocates for have a negative impact on women, the poor and minorities, but I have yet to see anything overtly racist in his posts.

He just doesn't seem to be a big fan of helping other people, no matter what race, via the government.

you won't hear much overt racism these days unless a racist thinks he or she is surrounded by allies. they'll look over their shoulders a few times, then say some of the most vile poo you've ever heard. that's why people aren't willing to give dogwhistle racists a pass

#52 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,540 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

That's right, I KNOW who's a racist because... Well, I just know. Trust me.

#53 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

i'm not a racist, i just exclusively support policies that disproportionately harm minorities

#54 LongTriad

LongTriad

Missunderstood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

i'm not a racist, i just exclusively support policies that disproportionately harm minorities

WoW!  That is a racist post if I've ever seen one.  Got yourself in trouble with that one. Let me bail you out. What you meant to say was  

"i'm not a racist, i just exclusively support policies that are precieved to disproportionately harm minorities."

Obama won twice...so there's that

Many naive thought they were voting for a program where they'd get a card they could present in lieu of cash for medical services, instead  they got a program where democrats taking charge of 60% of our income so they can decide how best to spend it on us.   I am starting to look at the brightside though.  We all getting free colinoscopies now, if you know what I mean.

#55 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 16,001 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

I have had insurance through my employer since I began my career 14 years ago. Costs have risen and coverage has weakened every year. The ACA is not the only driver in the cost increase, but it's a convenient scapegoat.

I understand that I will have to pay more for everyone to have access to healthcare and I accept that because I believe it is the right thing to do and that it will yield positive benefits for our country.

I've had 100% paid Healthcare through my Employer for over 20 years, including vision and dental

Next year I start bi-monthly paycheck deducts to offset increased cost for the same healthcare with higher co-pays.

Anthem Blue Cross. Vision and dental is now optional at an additional monthly cost.

I can switch to Kaiser at the same increase with lower copays. But go where, when and to whom as told by the system.

motherfugers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.