97 replies to this topic

#76 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

I hope that's what he's doing because so far I haven't seen much to show me a pattern of his plan...

Yeah, it's almost like he and JR(?} decicded to have a wait and see attitude towards the season, now it has been written off and 2014 has already started in the front office.

#77 tailg8or

tailg8or

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC area

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

I'm really starting to question the longevity of Steve Smith's future with this team.

If we decide to retool and scrap the current year, this makes sense.  However, Smitty has already said he won't agree to a trade and will finish with the Panthers.  He may have a no-trade clause in his contract or may threaten to retire.

I am a big Smith fan but I would like to see him get another shot at a ring.  He would have HOF numbers given the right situation.

#78 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Actually it is more like changing a spark plug with another one because the car was riding rough.  Edwards was cut and McNutt was added who is a WR from the Miami practice squad.  edwards wasn't playing or contributing anyway. 

Neither will McNutt

#79 wine-o and cheese-doodle

wine-o and cheese-doodle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

we all must not look at the Hixon for AE as the evaluation that means one is better than the other. No, if Hixon doesn't show out his ass will be gone in 60 seconds too!!! I do not believe G-man is prone to fall in love with jocks as some on this sight are. They are athletic performers not your big buddies.

#80 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,717 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Neither will McNutt

Contributing more than Armanti wouldn't take much.

#81 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Contributing more than Armanti wouldn't take much.

So what? We all know this guy ain't going to do poo. Cut Armanti but let the team know there is method to the madness. Instead it's "okay guys straighten up and win games or I'm going to cut somebody else who doesn't play and sign a nobody off of a practice squad". That ought to light a fire under their ass. It's a fuging clown move.

#82 ecualumni06

ecualumni06

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Not really a clown move gettleman wanted his own guy coaching it's becoming painfully obvious so he gives rr a bag a bound team tell them all win or go home hoping more for the go home theory and see what happens if they win great but deep down gettleman doesn't want that so he cuts some of the fat now and will make his mark whatever that is in 2014 it's clear as day now. He's not gonna give rr the best he can he kinda wants him to fail he doesn't believe in Ron and wants him out

#83 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,717 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

So what? We all know this guy ain't going to do poo. Cut Armanti but let the team know there is method to the madness. Instead it's "okay guys straighten up and win games or I'm going to cut somebody else who doesn't play and sign a nobody off of a practice squad". That ought to light a fire under their ass. It's a fuging clown move.

And keeping Armanti offered... what benefits exactly?

Or what superstar receiver is out there unsigned that you would have wanted?

#84 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

I wonder how much house cleaning will actually be done after this season, besides the obvious (Rivera gone)

#85 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,621 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

We cut a player who hasn't done squat, and then promptly replaced him with another guy who hasn't done squat.

Seems like a typical Panthers kind of move. But hey, Gettlemagic.

#86 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Or what superstar receiver is out there unsigned that you would have wanted?

I'm not waving the AE flag. Cut him but make the move for a reason other than to show everybody you aren't afraid to cut a guy who is not playing. If Gettleman wants to strike fear by just randomly cutting somebody he needs a bigger fish than Armanti Edwards.

#87 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

We cut a player who hasn't done squat, and then promptly replaced him with another guy who hasn't done squat.

Seems like a typical Panthers kind of move. But hey, Gettlemagic.

That's what it looks like to me too.

#88 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,717 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

I'm not waving the AE flag. Cut him but make the move for a reason other than to show everybody you aren't afraid to cut a guy who is not playing. If Gettleman wants to strike fear by just randomly cutting somebody he needs a bigger fish than Armanti Edwards.

Jon Beason wasn't a big enough fish?

#89 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

great, so were getting rid of our 1994 toyota camry with 200,000 miles on it and replacing it with a 1990 honda civic with a broken tail light. in all seriousness thoug, i think the only sure things on our roster next year are:

cam

tolbert

barner

olsen

Ginn

khalil

amini

CJ

Star 

KK

Kuechly

TD

Maybe Mikell

gano

never thought id see the day that steve smith's days in carolina would have a stopwatch on them

#90 PantherPride5

PantherPride5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

This thread made me feel a little better about being a Panthers fan. I hope one day we'll have a great franchise.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL, David Gettleman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.