• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squirrel

Huddle Logic

well, brees is a stat padder, no huddle logic about that.

sure i guess they may have had a point but it was dumb to say that, and now whoever said that is looking back wondering what the fug made them say that and they realize how dumb that was. hindsight's 20/20 i guess.

"he's a winner whereas brees is a stat padder and choker.  jake just wins games"

who do you think history will remember as the better quarterback

I don't care where he ranks on the list, drew brees is a stat padder, lol

Jon Gruden is great at developing quarterbacks. I know because I hear him talk on Monday Night Football and I watch his QB Camp program.

"We need an offensive minded HC to develop Cam and this offense"

Because Lord knows which side of the ball the coach coached is going to make an extreme difference

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

"We need an offensive minded HC to develop Cam and this offense"

Because Lord knows which side of the ball the coach coached is going to make an extreme difference

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

If we realize that why doesn't the owner?

Since this is the 10th year of the Huddle I thought I would throw out some gems of past popular believes on the Huddle.

1.  Steve Smith isn't a #1 receiver because he is to short.  Yes that was a popular opinion on this board at one time.

2. Jake Delhomme is a great QB.  Jake was a good / serviceable QB.  Great was stretching it.

3. We have the best (enter LB Corp / Front four/ CB Corp)  Fact of the matter the only best we had was running back duo in 2008.

4.  My personal favorite.   Jake is a better QB than Drew Brees.  Yeah that one people really said.

5. John Fox cant coach.  Yeah taking a team to the playoffs with The Golden Calf of Bristol proved that one wrong.

Please feel free to add any you remember.

I'll bite and play devil's advocate!

#2: Jake had a better career than 95% of the QB's that come into the league.  In his prime, there were few QB's that could match his clutch throws. I would say a Superbowl appearance in your first year with a team is about as good as you can get.  Winning would have made him great, no matter what he did the rest of his career.  

#3: Carolina had the best defensive line in 2003, no doubt.

#4: Jake Delhomme was a better QB than Brees until 2006 when he teamed up with Sean Peyton.  I'm sure no one cared to say that until he moved to the NFC South but still, there was a time that was a true statement.  Know what you mean though.