#31 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Why Eli? Let's try our luck for Peyton. I'm sure the Broncos would say yes, right?

Now why the hell would they do that

#32 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,776 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

here's the direct answer that this high quality thread surely deserves: no, the giants would not make that trade.

now, where do we go from there?

#33 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,304 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

I'm just curious to see how many people here think it would go through.

Aka how many people think the rest of the league sees things the way we see things.

It's not about the trade or who is better. Their situation happens to be middle if the road and they are generally well respected and seen as intelligent and stable as an organization. I thought it would be interesting.

Most here are not bright enough to recognize any significance in the question hence the ridiculous responses that had nothing to do with the topic but that comes to be expected after a while when posing pantherphann day care.

#34 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Great thread from carolinarolls. Who knew it would be about Cam Newton, and totally absurd?

#35 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,199 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Cam has regressed in his development. If you are the Giants you should be damn sure it's all because of coaching.

#36 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,304 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

TheRed continues to reveal more and more about herself.

#37 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,084 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

123921_slide.gif

#38 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

TheRed continues to reveal more and more about herself.

Oh man, gender insults. What do I do? I'm just so hurt.

#39 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

123921_slide.gif

More of these please.

#40 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

I'm just curious to see how many people here think it would go through.

Aka how many people think the rest of the league sees things the way we see things.

It's not about the trade or who is better. Their situation happens to be middle if the road and they are generally well respected and seen as intelligent and stable as an organization. I thought it would be interesting.

Most here are not bright enough to recognize any significance in the question hence the ridiculous responses that had nothing to do with the topic but that comes to be expected after a while when posing pantherphann day care.

You're asking a random question that has 2 perspective from both franchises, and neither which anyone here seems to care to expound upon because whatever brilliance you draw from the question itself, it's pointless.

Giants will not trade Eli because he's won 2 SBs and the time put into his development at a young 32 (still has 5-6 years easy) would be more beneficial to holding that team together than it would be taking a flyer on Cam.

Panthers have a young and upcoming QB who has proven he can toss the ball around the yard.  We obviously need new coaches, why would the Panthers EVER think it's a good idea to rebuild around a 32 year old QB?  

It's a moot point and brings no relevance to our situation today, which may be the real reason why you're getting so much backlash in this thread..  .  It proves nothing about Cam or Eli.  Circumstantially, both teams would be dumb to make that trade.

#41 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,304 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Bleys it was just a simple question and to me it's quite relevant. I hear a host if excuses day in and day out and nothing has changed in 3 years.

I just wonder how many here would honestly admit to believing that others in the league would arrive at the same excuse driven conclusions even if all they had to risk was a marginal talent like Eli to find out.

You took it too far. I'm not proposing a trade, hypothesizing about the probability of a trade, or even interested in acquiring Eli Manning.

#42 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

d8MEgXw.gif

#43 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,304 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Oh man, gender insults. What do I do? I'm just so hurt.

Insult?

Wait. You're not female?

#44 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Bleys it was just a simple question and to me it's quite relevant. I hear a host if excuses day in and day out and nothing has changed in 3 years.

I just wonder how many here would honestly admit to believing that others in the league would arrive at the same excuse driven conclusions even if all they had to risk was a marginal talent like Eli to find out.

You took it too far. I'm not proposing a trade, hypothesizing about the probability of a trade, or even interested in acquiring Eli Manning.

to me this is proposing a trade and even asking the probability of a trade..  

Hypothetical:

If Gettleman walks into the the Meadowlands wearing his best Sunday smile and offers Cam for Eli straight up today, do you think he gets a yes or a no.

to keep it simple, No, I doubt they trade Eli for Cam.   The reasoning behind it is obviously not important to this thread though.

#45 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,304 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

No. That trade would never work. I think Gett would get laughed out of the state personally.

This question is about validating or invalidating excuses.

If you can't say the giants would definitely want him because they as a winning organization not afraid to do what it takes could surround him with what he "needs" and the whalaa... Super Bowl! Then maybe your (no one in particular ) ideas about how he is so hamstrung in an impossible situation aren't as valid as you think.

In other words and maybe deserved of its own thread... Which teams would in fact trade straight up today? How many are there out there who look at us, long for Cam and keep saying to themselves "the panthers are doing it wrong ".

I cannot get past 5 teams. All of which are in shambles and already practically blown up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com