Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Blurb from TMQ:

"Ron Rivera, Pack Your Bags: Cam Newton was 25-1 as a starter in college, and is 14-22 as a starter in the NFL. But football is a team sport. Three-time Pro Bowler Ryan Kalil barely even slowed his man on the safety that put Arizona in command in the third quarter. And should coaches really have called 48 passing plays for Newton versus 16 rushes for the team's running backs? The safety occurred when, ball on the 5, Panthers coaches radioed in a play that had Newton sprint backward into his own end zone. That's a call for an expert quarterback such as Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers, not for Newton."

#47 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Here's a screencap from a random incomplete pass play I chose from coaches film.
I guarantee you, this was not the only one where Cam has absolutely 0 possibilities to get rid of the ball:

f5c7qb.png

This needs its own thread so people can shut up. he's holding the ball because nobody is open.

#48 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,442 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

in which he is admitting failure and areas to improve.  what is more Huddle is the deflection onto everyone else but Cam.  You are a big time deflector, probably the biggest going right now.

I guess I'm just going to need to have a preset response for this. Since it's the only argument I seem to get.

Quote me one time where I've ever said Cam is "a future HOFer", "100% perfect", "beyond any criticism", or "nothing is his fault".

#49 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

This needs its own thread so people can shut up. he's holding the ball because nobody is open.

Well you also need the full picture.  One snapshot is impossible to analyze. \

#50 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,434 posts

no the bigger problem was the collapsing pocket, Smith was on his way to being open enough for the timing route, although very tight.

edit:  i should have added, that in max protect, this is even more embarrassing.

#51 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,201 posts

You're a moron. No, with that logic, dumber than a sack of sh*t, actually.

You have got to do better in the name calling department.

With that out the way, could you please translate your post? Much appreciated.

#52 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

no the bigger problem was the collapsing pocket, Smith was on his way to being open enough for the timing route, although very tight.

If someone was open he could get the ball out. Look at where the routes are. Where is the check down? You have to design plays that compensate for your oline. People say Cam needs to get the ball out quicker while sitting at home on their coach then bitch when he throws it to the other team.

#53 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

I guess I'm just going to need to have a preset response for this. Since it's the only argument I seem to get.

Quote me one time where I've ever said Cam is "a future HOFer", "100% perfect", "beyond any criticism", or "nothing is his fault".

i dont have to, you immediately went straight to the dropped passes, which totally fugged our early momentum.  do you really have to go to that extreme to disprove my point?

#54 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

If someone was open he could get the ball out. Look at where the routes are. Where is the check down? You have to design plays that compensate for your oline. People say Cam needs to get the ball out quicker while sitting at home on their coach then bitch when he throws it to the other team.

that was just one play, a horrible one at that for us to max protect and we still couldnt do it.  that doesnt mean any other time someone is wrong, but yes, a proper adjustment would to have a quick read on every play with all the blitzes they were bringing.

#55 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

when two LBr's each have two sacks, they are bringing pressure up the middle.  Why we didnt have a drag route every play as a hot read is beyond me.  if two or three guys are running deep routes, there should always be an underneath, quick option.

#56 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

I mean he looked pretty fuging terrible on Sunday,

Did you see the rest of your team play or were your eyes glued on Cam? The team wasn't much help, dropping balls all over the place.  And the O-line was like blinds against the other teams Defense.

But I guess you were to busy focusing on Cam so you can join the bangwagon of critics. Clearly that's the bandwagon to be on. The Panthers needing to stop blaming their QB and get their acts together isn't  a good bandwagon most of you want to be on because that takes way to much reality check. Blaming a media scrutinized QB is way easier.

Five years later...still the same blame game and mess..

#57 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,512 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

Did you see the rest of your team play or were your eyes glued on Cam? The team wasn't much help, dropping balls all over the place.  And the O-line was like blinds against the other teams Defense.

But I guess you were to busy focusing on Cam so you can join the bangwagon of critics. Clearly that's the bandwagon to be on. The Panthers needing to stop blaming their QB and get their acts together isn't  a good bandwagon most of you want to be on because that takes way to much reality check. Blaming a media scrutinized QB is way easier.

Five years later...still the same blame game and mess..

You mean the 8th best O-line in the league according to PFF?

Do I have to say this 9000 times? It's not either Cam sucks or Cam is a god. There's an in-between. Please stop acting like he is immune to any and all criticism. He has good days and bad days, good moments and bad moments. To criticize his play on one given Sunday does not mean I'm hopping on a bandwagon to railroad Cam out of town.

#58 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 1m

Newton: "Offense looked a lot better after we locked Coach Shula in the meeting room and replaced him with a homeless guy we picked up on Tryon."

#59 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 1m

Newton: "Offense looked a lot better after we locked Coach Shula in the meeting room and replaced him with a homeless guy we picked up on Tryon."

LOL.

#60 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Do I have to say this 9000 times? It's not either Cam sucks or Cam is a god. There's an in-between. Please stop acting like he is immune to any and all criticism. 

exactly, it isn't the Huddle if it isn't one extreme or the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com