• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#106 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

TOTaL TDs.. don't account for much when Cam's running the ball inside the 5 yard line (we have rbs that can do this)

passing Tds on the other hand, shows you how much he still need to grow as a QB..

otherwise, we might as well use him for a rb.. that's what he best at..

Who is he passing it too?

#107 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

Cam Newton year 2:

27 total TDs 12 INTs. Cam also is on pace for 28 TDs this season.

So what is your point?

My point was that the natural progression of QBs is one of fits and starts. Fast forward on more year for Peyton and Brees and what happens?

Peyton has a rough aeason in year 4 with a higher INT% than Cam has ever had in his career and was 6-10.

Brees that next season was run out of town. By the way, i think you actually mean Brees' third year as a starter, because actually his third year in the league he was 2-9 in 11 starts and also had a higher INT rate than Cam has ever had in his career and had more INTs than TDs. He was then run out of SD after his 5th season in the league.

They aren't the only examples, but Cam is doing fine. He is where he should be. But he isn't good enough yet where he should be asked to carry the team. Just like those guys shouldn't have been asked to and just like those guys couldn't do early in their careers.

Especially a team where fans aren't willing to deal with reality.

#108 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,793 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

get ready for the tom brady analogy

#109 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

anyone else remember a few short seasons ago when people were calling for Flacco's head because he wasn't able to "win when it mattered"?

Yeah, it took him 5 trips to the play-offs to finally get an SB ring. And he  got that ring playing against a team with a QB who had  about 7 games under his belt.

#110 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

get ready for the tom brady analogy

You are right...

And let's not forget the "we've got Smitty." SMH

#111 blak-n-blu

blak-n-blu

THE FRANCHISE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Carolina does have such positions on their roster call Wide Receivers, maybe you overlooked it.. its usually abbreviated as WR or WRs.. go back to their homepage and check.. 

you want to put nothing but elite wrs at Cam's disposal and call him GREAT?! u kid. u kid.. right?

it seems like Carolina's has been running a new version of the wild cat, ever since Cam's been in.. you have a great runner of the ball, whose not necessarily the best passer you want throwing the ball   

#112 blak-n-blu

blak-n-blu

THE FRANCHISE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

You are right...

And let's not forget the "we've got Smitty." SMH

Ask yourself this... 

if smitty was playing with tom brady this season.. would he have not put up better stats with brady or would he be worst without cam

#113 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I guess you didn't see the recent Seahawks/Colts game where Wilson threw a game ending interception while his team was driving down the field only needing a touchdown to win. All quarterbacks are capable of making mistakes, and having bad games. Simple fact.

Russel had a pretty good game with one mistake.

Give me Russel's 2 touch down , 200 passing yards and 100 yards rushing that lead to 28 points over Cams 0 touch down day with 300 passing yards. Russels team put up 28. Cam only 6. It's clear which one does more for his team.

#114 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

What I'm noticing with you Huddle folks is, there seems to be three groups of mindsets on here: Folks who simply don't want Cam  as the Panthers' QB,  folks who want to prove that Cam is fine, and the Attention Whores. In all honesty, it really does seem as if Cam, the other QBs, and players on the Panthers are simply pawns in the strange world called the Huddle.

Some of you are pure Cam Antagonists. You intentionally picking apart everything he does simply to say..See I told you so! The kid could be nothing majorly wrong  but you will find something...anything to say, Cam needs to, fill-in-the-blank. God forbid if Cam throws an INT, which then that gives you even more ammunition to push your ego driven, self-righeous speech of, Cam being good BUT!! Then you have the bunch that will fight the Cam Antagonists but to no avail because the Cam Angonists now they have the Cam hating media on their side to spin for them. Anything they point out about Cam will be used in someone's write up in a negative light against Cam. Then you have the Attention Whores who simply realize starting a thread about Cam will garner some sort of attention, which they want.

Cam could throw lazers that is dropped by the Receivers on any give Sunday. We all know what the media would be saying. But what is so sad is the fact that everyone can see what Cam is doing to help this team and what the team is doing wrong.  The Cam Antagonists will ignore the obvious, simply to continue the media's false perception of Cam and feed whatever is motivating them. The Cam Supports will continue to counter argue to no avail and the Attention Seekers will continue to place Cam-centered articles on this site simply to see both sides go at it, while they gain much needed attention.

I honestly love this site.

#115 blak-n-blu

blak-n-blu

THE FRANCHISE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

^sure.. we're so easily influenced by the media..its freighting.. we're just a bunch of brainless idiots who gets spunned by propaganda  campaigns 

#116 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,406 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Give me Russel's 2 touch down , 200 passing yards and 100 yards rushing that lead to 28 points over Cams 0 touch down day with 300 passing yards. Russels team put up 28. Cam only 6. It's clear which one does more for his team.

That "one mistake" as you casually simplify it, cost his team the game, plain and simple. If it were Cam in that situation, I am guessing that you would not be so dismissive and understanding of such a mistake, now would you? It seems obvious you haven't followed Wilson.

The Seahawks are a very very very talented football team. They do not require Wilson to literally will that team to a win.

For an example of this. Let's look at his performances in a few of their wins so far this year.

Against the 49ers: 8/19 for 142 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, QB rating of 63.9, QBR of 25.9. Seahawks win 29-3.

Against the Texans: 12/23 for 123 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT, QB rating of 49.7, QBR of 20.6. Seahawks win 23-20.

Those are wins against two of the top teams in the NFL, now you tell me if you think Wilson won those games or his team did.

#117 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Carolina does have such positions on their roster call Wide Receivers, maybe you overlooked it.. its usually abbreviated as WR or WRs.. go back to their homepage and check.. 

you want to put nothing but elite wrs at Cam's disposal and call him GREAT?! u kid. u kid.. right?

it seems like Carolina's has been running a new version of the wild cat, ever since Cam's been in.. you have a great runner of the ball, whose not necessarily the best passer you want throwing the ball   

Nah, I didn't overlooked them. As a matter of fact, I wasn't able to see the game last Sunday but judging from the reaction on this site, Cam was throwing lazers and the WRs didn't show up.

#118 blak-n-blu

blak-n-blu

THE FRANCHISE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

lazers yes... what cam lacked was touch and answer the question I had asked about smitty if you think he's not getting it done.

#119 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Thanks for showing the obvious about this team.

I'm sure Cam would love to have some of Russel's WRs and his O-line in Sunday's game. He would have had at least 2 TDs, if not more, alongwith his 300 passing yards and not have to be both QB and Protector while standing behind his O-line.

#120 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,200 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

*Sigh* trolls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com